Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 15,941 to 15,960 of 16,083

Jhena

Just watched the first two hours of Final Fantasy XVI in total disbelief. I know I wanted to be positive about Final Fantasy and Square Enix but ouch this game is so wrong. [spoiler] The game starts with blood, slaughtered people, politics, swearing and an almost (love) scene in the first 12 minutes. This game is just degeneration. In two hours I could not care for one person and the dialogue is just boring. The music was just there to alright but the song which started in the marshes had soul. Generally the game lacks soul and atmosphere. I can not believe this was made by the people of Final Fantasy XIV.

They really were chasing the wrong trends, even the trend of destroying a franchise. People who said this is just Game Of Thrones mixed with Witcher III and Chocobos were right.
Sadly the only thing they took of Witcher III is the violence and a little bit of the battle mechanic. It lacks the writing and soul Witcher III has.

The first two hours were almost only cutscenes with a little bit of gameplay. Running around the bland environments felt uninspired but thankfully at least the fights itself seemed to be slightly enjoyable.

Seriously this is not Final Fantasy. This is just soulless and violent stuff. Not even the graphics were impressive. Sure this were just the first two hours but I played enough games to know this is the wrong direction and it will be a massive disappointment to me.

This could have been the game that would make the series rise up like a phoenix from his ashes but like Clives brother it was mercilessly killed just for the sake of being violent and wrong. And I do not want to support this, play the game and be the one who did it.

Please excuse me for being so negative but I feel like this is a new low for the series. I can not believe how Square Enix can go from Final Fantasy VII to X to this.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Anti-Matter

@Jhena
I'm glad I stop caring Final Fantasy Roman numbers started from 14.
15 was disgusting.
16 was even more disgusting.
I extremely hate ultra omg realistic graphics with extreme violent on it.
Not Final Fantasy games anymore, they are disgusting ultra violent Western looking RPG games with Final Fantasy logo slapped on it.
Final Fantasy Roman number is already dead.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Magician

@Jhena

Sounds like my cup of tea.

But of the combat you have played, how does Ryota Suzuki's combat design feel?

Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Jhena

@Magician
I did only watch a stream on Youtube, and all I can say is, that the battles seem enjoyable. I could be totally wrong but it reminded me of the dancing- around- combat from Witcher III.

Edited on by Jhena

Jhena

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Official cover of My Time at Sandrock PS5 physical version.

Anti-Matter

Magician

So, word round the campfire is that Playstation Slim is due for unveiling this Fall?

I've been holding out as long as I can, but these mechanical drive load times for Warframe on my launch-PS4 are beginning to get on my nerves.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MsJubilee

Magician wrote:

So, word round the campfire is that PlayStation Slim is due for unveiling this Fall?

I've been holding out as long as I can, but these mechanical drive load times for Warframe on my launch-PS4 are beginning to get on my nerves.

I hope so as well. The PS4 Slim I have had for six years is slowly but surely dying.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Some upcoming PS5 games according to play-asia.

Anti-Matter

AnVold

@Magician I just hope that it'll still include a Blu-ray drive.

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

Jhena

The new story trailer for Armored Core VI Fires Of Rubicon is so cold and dark and yet I love it. Not sure why but sometimes stuff like this feels so warm and alive to me, it is weird. Really curious about the story now. The artdirection is great and very detailed. I love how fantastical it feels for a mechanical game like this, well not specifically in this trailer but the environment in the gameplay trailer I watched.

This should be one of my favourites this year. The gameplay looks fun and fluid and the atmosphere is awesome.

I hope the pro version of the PlayStation 5 releases soon and I hope this will be the last generation with pro versions.

Jhena

Anti-Matter

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Some upcoming PS4 / PS5 games according to play-asia.

Anti-Matter

Magician

I had $5 burning a hole in my wallet, so I went ahead and spent it on Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition.

I'm beginning to feel as though the game won't make its way over to the Switch.

Jhena

Got myself a great setup. PlayStation 5, Thrustmaster T300 RS GT Edition racing wheel plus pedal set, Playstation VR 2, Classsic Racing Simulator Cockpit Seat Nano RS 160 and Gran Turismo 7.

I thought to myself, why not try something new and interesting? Now I understand why people say VR is the future of gaming. The level of immersion is incredible. Just sitting in the car, looking at the interior is an experience. Together with the 3D sound it feels, like I am really there, awesome feeling. It feels great to race. This game will ignite my love for cars and racing.

Can not really say much about the PlayStation 5 though. I like the design and the controller feels good.

Jhena

Jhena

@Anti-Matter
No idea. The only gaming news I read, are the Nintendo news on this site. And even then, only some that seem interesting to me.

Are you waiting for the Slim version, before you purchase a PlayStation 5?

Jhena

Anti-Matter

@Jhena
I keep my eyes on PS5 Slim announcement as PS5 Fat here in Indonesia is still very expensive despite it got price cut recently.
I already have 10 PS5 games, they are waiting to be played and I cannot wait to try my Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Kao the Kangaroo.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic