Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,821 to 14,840 of 16,083

Dezzy

So is "unexclusivening" a word?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

BruceCM

If it has to be only one of those, go for Automota, @TheJGG .... Replicant will probably go on better sales when it's been out awhile, anyway! Hopefully, that's the GotY edition of Witcher 3, too?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

@Octane

Lol, took me about 10 attempts to read that as you intended it.

Ralizah

Pretty much everything on PS5 is getting a 60fps mode. I love it.

With that said, I only have a PS4, so I'll be playing it on there. Another bonus is that the last-gen version apparently doesn't have the hideous "hero lighting" on Aloy that ruined the gameplay reveal footage for me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Wargoose

Anyone else pick up Earth Defense Force 4.1 on sale? I'm genuinely surprised how good it is. It's kinda like what I wanted borderlands to feel like in terms of weapons being varied and fun to use.

Wargoose

Anti-Matter

Untitled
Marsupilami on PS4 due to 16 November 2021.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

Pretty much everything on PS5 is getting a 60fps mode. I love it.

That is the main benefit of them sticking with the cross-gen approach. It's gonna be kinda annoying when they get to the point of making games that can only handle 30fps again. I've got used to 60fps at this point.

I tried to play a 360 game yesterday. My brain was really struggling to process it at 30fps.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy If there's enough demand they will include it.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I think they'll definitely get to a point in some of the more advanced games where it becomes too difficult or time consuming to scale things down to give different frame rates. Hard to say exactly what the reason will be ahead of time. Something like dynamically loading extremely detailed open-worlds creating a bottleneck on the CPU side. Something like that would be fairly non-scalable, because to have it run at 2 different framerates you'd essentially have to test the whole open world at 2 different levels of quality. That's a massive amount of work. Very different situation than just doing lower resolution or lower quality graphical effects, both of which are like 2 minute changes.

Raylax

PS5 library's gotten to the point now where I'm actively looking to buy a PS5 fairly soon before the backlog gets too hectic. Demon's Souls, Returnal, Ratchet, and a couple others all on the list, and its only getting bigger with time. Shame the thing's so hard to get hold of.

I've been buying my way towards a small library of PS3 titles recently (I'm not a collector, but I missed a ton of PS3 games back in the day and they are currently almost entirely dirt cheap) and finally getting around to playing some of the older classics. Like Dead Space! It's real good! Got God of War 3, Dragon Age, MGS (2/3/PW HD & 4), and a bunch of other stuff to get around to some time this year. Feels like I'm plugging up some big holes in my gaming experiences. Having a lot of fun with that.

I know a lot of this stuff I can get, for about the same price and in much better resolution/performance, on either PC (I think I might already have Dead Space on Steam or EA Origin somewhere) or PS4 remasters, but I dunno, I kinda like playing them looking as they released on their consoles back in the day, muddy res and wonky performance and all. Just me?

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Dezzy

I think I might end up waiting for the mid-gen console iteration with the PS5. The Xbox is more than keeping me busy for now, and I expect the next 2 years of the Switch will be quite busy too.
Also, none of the current PS5 exclusives are really exciting me that much. Plenty look good enough, but nothing is really hitting that "I need to play that right now" feeling.

That said, if they announce FF16 is launching next year and is only available on PS5, I'll probably change my mind instantly.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

@Dezzy FFXVI was already announced as a PS5 exclusive, I believe. Although I highly doubt it will stay that way long-term.

All of the Sony exclusives I'm looking forward to are cross-gen, so I expect it'll be a long time before it has enough exclusives for me to want to upgrade. Whereas Switch is basically getting everything I could ask for (new Monster Hunter, new SMT, new Zelda, Ace Attorney, etc.). I jumped into the last gen with PS4 WAY too early, IMO, so if and when I do get a PS5, I'd like it to be a less unsightly Slim model with a bunch of cheap exclusives and preferably sitting at $399.99 USD for the system itself.

Edited on by Ralizah

Dezzy

@Ralizah

Its exclusivity was worded in the most suspicious way possible. It said "console exclusive" and then it said "for a limited time" in the small print.
Probably just means for a year or 18 months like FF7 Remake appears to be.

jedgamesguy

And mind, this all starts when the game releases. It could be that PC owners will get this game in 2025...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Ralizah

@Dezzy Almost nothing third party-developed is really exclusive to one console or ecosystem anymore, and I don't think Sony could pay enough to S-E to justify making FFXVI full fat exclusive.

Would you be able to resist if it's just exclusive for a temporary period of time?

BruceCM

The original trailer during the Sony event that 1st showed it had a blip about PC that obviously got quickly removed, @Ralizah .... Although it was always highly unlikely it'd really be 'exclusive', now the series has come to PC & XBox!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

Got a pre-order for Ratchet & Clank for €50 instead of 80! Thanks to a sale and a coupon. With Horizon probably coming later than anticipated, I was looking forward to playing something new. I was going to get R&C at some point, but I'll be playing it day one I guess!

Octane

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

Would you be able to resist if it's just exclusive for a temporary period of time?

Depends how it reviews. If it's like 90+ on metacritic, and the highest reviewed FF for decades (or ever), then I'd probably just give in and buy a console ASAP.
If it's more of an 80 type score, I'd probably be willing to wait a year. Problem is they often don't say how long the timed exclusivity is for!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic