Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,801 to 14,820 of 16,083

BruceCM

Oh, for the upcoming sequel, @Zuljaras & @TheJGG ....? Haven't seen any of that, since I'll have to wait years for it to come to Steam If anyone wants to share some pics to help me see what they're fussing about, that'd be great

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Octane

And it's definitely just the shot/angle/lighting. I don't even think they changed her model that much. Here's another in-game render from Forbidden West:
Untitled

Octane

MsJubilee

@Octane What got you so upset? I'm just saying she looks weird when she became he-man. When she wasn't, she was okay. Your message reminds me of when aggressive weebs get furious when anyone puts their favorite anime girl in a negative light. They go full defense mode.

Aloy, on the other hand. I did insult. She looks like Jimmy from Bully or a puffy bulldog, hahaha. She should have laid off the cheesecakes.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TheFrenchiestFry

The term SJW in general has literally lost all its meaning with how much it's been either used improperly or just beaten into the ground by the replies at IGN's website

Literally just having a character of color in anything these days is considered SJW or "wOkE"

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

BruceCM

Well, her expression in that pic is probably not helping, @Octane ..... But I certainly don't think she looks very different in the other pic! Not like she was 'curvy' before, so I don't really understand the complaints yet. More pics! lol

SW-4357-9287-0699

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM It’s on PC already. So there’s no need to wait in terms of getting the first game.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

jedgamesguy

There’s a very big difference between a SJW and being... a decent human being with boundaries and respect @Slowdive, thanks for the link.

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

BruceCM

Yeah, I've got that, @TheJGG .... I assumed this was to do with the upcoming sequel, since I thought they recently showed some? I'll almost certainly get it when it eventually comes to Steam

SW-4357-9287-0699

Magician

Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown and Star Wars Squadrons for June's PS+ free downloads?

Awesome! DL'ing right now.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

Slowdive wrote:

@TheJGG Nah. It's just a term used by reactionary folks who claim that everything has been infiltrated by a shadowy cabal who seek to "undermine Western civilization".

It's literally about a month since a group of games journalists and activists joined together to try and get a game banned from existence, based on lies they'd invented about it. I'm talking about Six Days in Fallujah, obviously.

Which group are "reactionaries" here exactly? Because the "progressive" journalists are the ones doing what FOX News used to do.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jump

@Dezzy Six Days in Fallujah should be cancelled. It's been in development for over a decade and has been made by multiple developers, it has dud written all over it.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

Oh boy here's a controversial opinion. In ten years I'll get fired from my job because I'll say this ( )...

This game is perfectly fine. Doesn't help of course it's told by Americans, so there's the chance there'll be lionising but... what's the fuss?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

jump

@TheJGG There's all sorts of things. There's a waterboarding mini game where you have to keep pressing A just right, if it's too fast they die and if it's too slow they laugh at America's weak torturing techniques. One of the levels involves having to plant a nuclear bomb in Saddam Husseins palace, not to kill him though as you're planting evidence of weapons of mass destruction. Unarmed civilians are worth more points than the terrorists. People were complaining about the US troops keep shooting UK ones by mistake due to a programming error but it turns out it was intentional to mimic the real war.

I may or may not be jokeing.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@jump I can understand things like valuing civilian kills more than terrorist kills but a water mini game? That’s just deplorable. I wish games could make more accurate sports games...

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Ralizah

Everyone is, indeed, outraged by everything these days. It gets SO tiresome. Online gamer communities, in particular, are ALWAYS upset about something.

At some point, people either need to admit that not everything is the end of the world, or go find a hobby that doesn't cause their blood pressure to spike 24/7.

As to Six Days in Fallujah, I'll wait to see how it actually turns out before judging it instead of allowing a bunch of blowhard journalists and youtubers to sway me to their point of view. I do object to attempts to censor it/get it canceled, although I imagine the controversy is only going to help the game in the end. Most people don't like being told what they can or can't buy or watch, so there's a lot of value in advertising through controversy.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

jump wrote:

@TheJGG There's all sorts of things. There's a waterboarding mini game where you have to keep pressing A just right, if it's too fast they die and if it's too slow they laugh at America's weak torturing techniques. One of the levels involves having to plant a nuclear bomb in Saddam Husseins palace, not to kill him though as you're planting evidence of weapons of mass destruction. Unarmed civilians are worth more points than the terrorists. People were complaining about the US troops keep shooting UK ones by mistake due to a programming error but it turns out it was intentional to mimic the real war.

That sounds more fun than what the actual game is.

Ralizah wrote:

Everyone is, indeed, outraged by everything these days. It gets SO tiresome. Online gamer communities, in particular, are ALWAYS upset about something.

That's definitely not specific to gaming at all. Go and follow the nonsense that goes on in YA fiction if you want a comparison. It's significantly more mental.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

I need help. NieR Automata or NieR Replicant? Automata's on discount on Amazon (17.99) but Replicant isn't. I know they aren't connected but which one is advised?

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Solaine

@TheJGG You can play both of them and they will both reference each other. You can really play them however you want, if Automata is on discount, go ahead and play it since it is cheaper. Chronologically Nier Replicant comes first but you wont enjoy any game less just because you didn't play the other. The main Story is always original and the important plot points have nothing to do with each other. Really, my personal verdict is: play automata first and the remake second(since some new stuff has been added to that as well)

Edited on by Solaine

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

jedgamesguy

@Solaine Thank you very much! That decides it then! While I was looking at Automata I also saw another game I'm relatively interested in at a low price; The Witcher 3. So that'll be a low price paid for two outstanding games!

Currently playing:
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic