Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 14,761 to 14,780 of 16,083

Grumblevolcano

Sony is starting early with announcements as there's a Horizon Forbidden West State of Play on May 27th. Makes me wonder if it's launching earlier than we expect as game specific State of Play has generally been around 2 months before launch (e.g. Ratchet & Clank State of Play in April, Returnal State of Play in February)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dezzy

Well this was probably their biggest feature of their "not-E3" event, so I guess this is it 2 weeks early?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

jedgamesguy

I’d say it’s the most important Sony title this year. So the more we see the better.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Dezzy

@Octane

Pretty much everything so far is still a PS4 game, in principle, if not in practice.

Ratchet & Clank looks like the first game that actually couldn't run on the PS4.

Octane

@Dezzy Well yeah, but they're going to draw a line at some point, and I don't expect them to carry on with cross gen titles in 2022.

Octane

Dezzy

@Octane

I don't think Playstation will. 3rd parties will though. Those usually continue for about 2 years into a new gen to some extent.

Zuljaras

Guys I just noticed on The Last of US Part 2 that the graphics are little grainy. In God of War is not like that. But after trying couple more games like Resident Evil 4 I noticed the same thing.

The in-game graphics have that grain tint on them.

Anyone notice this when playing?

Octane

@Zuljaras Could be a filter, but I didn't notice it while playing. Are you saying both RE4 and TLOU2 have it?

Octane

Octane

@Dezzy Yeah, obviously, but Horizon isn't third party

Octane

Zuljaras

@Octane I just googled it and it turns out it is Firm grain effect that is used to "stylize" the game. Also many other games use it to cover some resolution limitations like the 1440p rez on TLOU2.

Also many people complained about it being too strong in the game

And I thought that my console was failing

Octane

@Zuljaras No idea to be fair! It's been a while, but I don't recall anything too extreme.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Release date wasn't revealed, maybe they're waiting for Nintendo to announce the new Switch revision to avoid releasing close to BotW 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Something about the aesthetic of this game (on PS5) rubs me the wrong way. It looks... wrong somehow.

I was expecting to be blown away, and certain aspects ARE very pretty (underwater environments, in particular, look fantastic), but the look of the game doesn't come together for me.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Looks pretty much the same as the first but with 10% nicer graphics, Lol.

Not meant as a criticism really, although I am starting to feel the samey-ness of a lot of Sony's big exclusives. I do think Xbox will make up the difference between them this generation, simply by having a more interesting variety of games.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Ralizah Melee combat looks miles better than in the first game.

Octane

RR529

Picked up God of War III Remastered, MediEvil, the Pedestrian, & Unravel Two in the current sales. Just over $40 for the bunch.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jedgamesguy

I saw a PushSquare article on Aloy’s character model and it reminded me of the particularly disgusting and misogynistic comments made by people when The Last of Us: Part II released, and people commented on Abby’s jacked physique. People asked if she was transgender, because they couldn’t accept a woman looking like that. Here we are then now I suppose... So what if Aloy isn’t subjectively attractive to one person, doesn’t have “curves” and looks masculine? Nobody complained back when the original came out...

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Zuljaras

@TheJGG Well what do you expect from todays gamers? They like eye candy. This is why there is achievement to look under the skirt in Nier Automata. For me sex appeal in video games brings zero ... no ... below zero value!

Aloy looks just fine. She is definitely not ugly! She is an adventurer like Link. She is not some dumb influencer that throws butt photos on Instagram to get some dirty dollars

Abby on the other hand is ... let's say unappealing to me It hurts just to look at her Some people may like her and good for them but I am not of those people!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic