Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 13,521 to 13,540 of 16,083

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano i can largely see that, hilariously. Though ps4 is still a thing. If ms hadn't discontinued x1x they'd have owned.

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia After that bit of leaked info on how Series S won't play all Series X games, I wonder how it's advertised.

Little Timmy: ''Mommy, I want a new game for Xbox''
''Here's Everwild, Timmy''
''But it's only for Series X''
''I thought you had the X''
''No, that was the Xbox One X''
''So what do you have now?''
''I have the S''
''The clerk at the store said the S was discontinued''
''No I have the Series S''
''Series X?''
''No Series S''
''Alright, I found this game for the Xbox 360, that surely is the newest console, right?''
> Little Timmy jumps off a bridge.

Octane

Anti-Matter

@Octane
I wonder whose idea to make Xbox names become very confusing to spell.
Name it Xbox Two and it will be understandable.
By naming with Series X, Series S, Series Whatever, it just wasting the electronic materials production.
More customers will get confused and ended by bought wrong products.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Octane Oh good grief. Who at Microsoft thought it was a good idea to copy nintendos way of releasing a console?

If Microsoft releases a $600 console and a $300 console that doesn't play gen9 games and has worse graphics than x1x, I'm starting with ps5.... Id get an x eventually since it upgrades my 300 game library..... But my x1x would remain the better place to play that old library than ps5 which afawk, doesn't enhance old games (yet).

Gen 9 is a joke and it hasn't even launched yet.

NEStalgia

GilbertXI

Don't know if this has been said before, but what do people on here think of the rumors that demon souls will be a launch title. If they're true, at least for me, I'll already be out the door.

GilbertXI

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Yeah, that makes it sound more like a revision of the One S. A digital-only console that won't get the next gen games. But how many people want that at this point? Just keep the One S on the market.

Octane

Anti-Matter

The more i heard about Xbox Series X and other confusing names series, the more i think Xbox Series X will be completely flopped. A DOA product in my opinion.
The best effort from Xbox for me was Xbox 360 E.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Octane one s is still going to be on the market. They discontinued 1x, not 1s, to compete with inevitable PS4 Milk Jug And Duct Tape edition.

It sounds almost like XSeS isn't actually a 1080p version of XSeX like it was assumed, it sounds like it's a relabeled X1X....... Makes sense, can play some but not all XSeX games...

Edit: i don't thing a relabled machine makes sense, just that it makes sense it would be that, based on it not running all games. I don't think it existing makes sense at all. We thought it was the same box with a cheaper gpu running lower res. If it's a different box overall, or a relabled 1x..... That's a mess and a half.

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

It sounds almost like XSeS isn't actually a 1080p version of XSeX like it was assumed, it sounds like it's a relabeled X1X....... Makes sense, can play some but not all XSeX games...

Well that would be pretty annoying. The idea of a less expensive 1080p version of the same console is incredibly appealing to me given that I only have a 1080 monitor.

Still, at the moment I can genuinely see their next gen console just being a complete disaster, and pretty much no-one buys it, so they retreat into the gamepass business model and just keep releasing games on the Xbone and PC as well. Which suits me, cos I don't need to buy another console.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Yeah. Maybe the rumor octane mentioned isn't true. Let's hope it's not. I had really high hopes for the XSeX. With 1x ms seemed to really straighten up and figure out what's what. But the more we see in the last 2 weeks, the more I go from excited to "xbone 2, how could they possibly screw it up twice??". It's not hard... These rumors sounds like Nintendo levels if "wtf, why would to DO that?"

Honestly I had minimal enthusiasm for ps5, and the ms rumors over the past two weeks are selling me into ps hype mode.

Seriously if Sony messes up on price I'm seriously going to be pricing pc for the first time in a decade....

NEStalgia

Octane

@NEStalgia Don't blame the messenger, it came from PureXbox

I don't think they're that stupid. But I criticised Nintendo as well when they revealed the Switch, and that turned out to be a massive success...

Octane

NEStalgia

@Octane switch was an obvious win. A short 5 powerful handheld from the monopoly of handhelds, that doubles as a wiiu or better level console couldn't fail.

What the rumors say about xb is unimaginable senselessness. XSeX is no doubt fantastic hardware, but if it's priced above 500 it's doa, and Sony dicless will undercut it.

XSeS sounds like it may not be even be a true 9th gen. Even if it is, it's a downgrade from x1x visually.... And they couldn't move that at 500. If XSeS is weaker than ps5 discless but not priced significantly lower... What's the point?

I'm a huuuuge fan of x1x but i can't help but think it was a mistake. A 3 year console before replacing it with....a worse one? And a far more expensive one? XSeS/SeX would have looked more appealing without probably

NEStalgia

Grumblevolcano

@NEStalgia I think we'll be seeing a reverse 7th gen. Series X ends up being the more powerful and more reliable hardware but lack of games (because Microsoft won't delay to holiday 2021) and a $599 price makes the system be a meme. Meanwhile PS5 is massively popular at $499 (disc)/$399 (digital) though becomes infamous for a technical fault of Xbox 360 RROD scale.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@Grumblevolcano
What are the faulty from PS3 Fat models and PS4 Fat models recently before predicting something wrong from PS5 Fat models?

Anti-Matter

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano ooof, you took my cynicism and raised me 400. . That $599 price tag.... Seeing it in print makes it even more absurdist than in my mind. Xbox Done indeed. They simply can not seriously intend to charge that. I know the fanboys, whom i now picture entirely as Audi owners, feel that 600 is a bargain to go with their $4000 TVs, but that's not enough of a market to hang Phil's hat on. And even he just has a Jeep.

$399 digital, I'm in. And there's less of a reason to even get ps5 at launch than XSeX.

But that hardware failure prediction...owww....

NEStalgia

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

Honestly I had minimal enthusiasm for ps5, and the ms rumors over the past two weeks are selling me into ps hype mode.

I really don't have any enthusiasm for the next gen at all at this point. I'll be forced to buy a PS5 for the exclusives at some point (I can't NOT play Demon's Souls), but that's not really hardware related at all. I'm just as excited for the next Zelda game, the next 3D Mario game, and Metroid Prime 4, as I am for new consoles.

I just need to see something that really seems like a technological leap forward before I get hyped. Like that Unreal Engine 5 demo but a full game like that. We haven't seen anything like that yet. It did take a while with the current gen though to be fair. Seeing the Uncharted 4 trailer was what made me finally buy a PS4, because it was clearly just way beyond anything possible on the previous gen.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic