Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 12,821 to 12,840 of 16,083

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia I get a little nervous when I'm summoned (also I still have notifications turned off. I only saw your post cuz I popped in here for a moment). Honestly I'm just hanging around the light topics for now. As an African American woman in the US (put so nobody thinks I moved), I'm tired of having the same conversations and just the ennui is a bit much atm.

Besides, I just wrapped up the very informative American Astronomical Society Meeting and I'd rather focus on all the current and future research that has nothing to do with Earth currently. (I'm not ignoring the long standing issues (cuz this isn't new which is the reason for the protests) but I'm not going to talk about them here, my family and friends are dialoging about this enough as is. Gaming is my happy place...mostly.)

Also you know my policy NES, so long as an argument (in the logical sense of the word, and not the shouting matches that is the modern interpretation) attempts to be well reasoned I try to meet folks half way. Doesn't always work in my favor and I'm sure it's going to give me high blood pressure one day, but I try.

Positive Ki to you all

Edit: I FINALLY took spiderman out of the shrink wrap. I think I was waiting until I got my tv back but at this point I said bump it. I still like the swinging in spidey 2 better but this is fun.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Haha, well I was more particularly taking about our discussions on the tribalist mentality, belonging to "groups", and so forth, as well as your view on the greater socioeconomic underpinnings at the root of everything over the more popular political battle cries of various groups, as opposed to referring to the particular tribal clash of the month.

Though from the handful of times you've mentioned your family, and given your views, I have amusing imagery of your family discussions on current events in my mind now

If you decide to leave earth to return only with a battle fleet to carpet bomb the surface, don't forget to pick me up on the way, k? Pinky swear (from 6 feet away)?

Also DANG, you only got to spider man just now? You were the brakeman on the hype train for that! Even i I gave it a spin a year ago. though i only played a chapter or 2 and p5 royal and XC;DE are calling to me...)

NEStalgia

Dezzy

In retrospect, I'm gonna retract my comment about it being silly for Sony to delay. I didn't realize the US would devolve into full on third-world chaos. I assumed it would be like 1 or 2 days of protest and then get back to normal.

Definitely a good idea for them to delay about a month or so.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy didn't realize you were from the other side of the pond. We expect this here.

A bad mix of existing tensions historic tensions, an election year with a recent political landscape that stokes this and other fires every time, the existing trend of creating a caste system via automation leading to growing unrest, and the sudden acceleration of it due to the plague where all at once, millions of jobs are never coming back.... And lots of those people are angry, unemployed permanently, and adding the fuel to the pile lit up a powder keg that sets us back to 1960.

Think this is bad just as a race war, wait until extended unemployment runs out next month. It'll make the Bolsheviks look like a bunch of bullies.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

I'm from the UK. Half of my family is american though, so I more or less consider it my second home, even though I don't have any kind of citizenship. I've been there like 100 times though, and probably been to more states than most americans have (about 20).

The entire thing is genuinely worrying. It looks like the US is basically dissolving as a country. Not just in terms of the violence (both by the police and against the police, as well as the rioting/looting), but in terms of all of the major institutions that hold a society together, are just completely corrupted by political agendas, and the ability of social media mobs to bully them into doing pretty much anything. I've seen mainstream journalists defending violent riots and looting, I've seen scientific experts claim that these protests aren't as much of a danger for covid because protesting racism is also a "health risk" (as if mass unemployment wasn't).

And one of the most telling things by far that this is a bad sign, every single american I know now owns a gun. Before last week it was only about 50%.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy yeah, I have to 110% agree with that assessment. Though I've expected it for a long time. Not specifically a confluence of race war, depression, and plague in that exact combination, but it doesn't actually matter what specifics it is. It's all a generic stand in for overall unrest at many things, but most people aren't aware of what they're really angry about or the intricacies of how the system broke down over the last 15, 20 years, so they're easily funneled into various emotionally charged focus points that work conveniently for the powerful.

Imo the county really dissolved around 1999. This has all just been a slow build up as the resources are siphoned off the ruins by an elite, and largely, an elite from abroad. Covid just crystalized the slow descent into a sudden plunge. The race war is largely a political/media theme of fanning existing flames whenever they need to redirect anger and unrest away from themselves and the real causes.... The problem this time, is in their bubble, they didn't get just how angry and desperate so many people are post "new normal".... For now they think they contained that anger to a single ethnic group based on the tried and true flame stoking. I don't think it will be ethnic for long this time, and the diverse looting mob shows. The real problem is the entire economic unraveling. One video about one abuse, even if emotionally plugs into a feeling of something systematic doesn't touch off all this. It's like WWI. Most people didn't give a hoot who archduke Ferdinand was. Most countries were itching to have a justification to go invade their border countries, for many built up reasons. An assassination just gave them a legitimized reason to do it. I see this similarly. Various anger and resentment for causes both real and imagined have been building (and fostered for political exploitation) and covid moved people to fury desparation. Making these huge issues a simple race issue may backfire. As now everybody resents everybody for making everything bad, worse.

Sony's problem is they rely entirely on dystopian apocalyptic survival stories. Now that reality has beat them, they've got nothing.

NEStalgia

Anti-Matter

I'm very sure i will get nothing from PS5 presentation. (99.99%)
It will be about rated 18+ games all the time and never have any chance for the kids friendly games get some highlight for first launch.
I will not watch the presentation but i just only want to know what kids friendly games that being mentioned from the presentation.

Anti-Matter

Octane

@Anti-Matter I mean, you've said that about a dozen times now. I think we get it.

Octane

Dezzy

@Anti-Matter

Most of their games aren't really 18+ though, they're more like 13+ kinda age range.
I bet there'll be 1 thing that's quite kid-friendly. They generally like to have some variety.

Edited on by Dezzy

Grumblevolcano

2018 onwards has mostly been 18+:

Ghost of Tsushima - 18+
The Last of Us 2 - 18+
God of War - 18+
Days Gone - 18+
Death Stranding - 18+
Detroit: Become Human - 18+

Yes there has been others that aren't 18+ like Spider-Man (16+) and Dreams (12+) but most have been 18+. Sony has gone all in on M rated open world games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Maaryotyme

@Anti-Matter I’ll let you know after I watch the presentation. Who knows they might have something like my virtual babies 😉

Maaryotyme

RR529

@Grumblevolcano, in addition to Dreams & Spider-Man, there's also the Shadow of the Colossus & MediEvil remakes, Tetris Effect, Concrete Genie, and the yearly MLB the Show releases for non-M rated fare since 2018 (plus the vast majority of their VR exclusive output, which includes Astro Bot, Everybody's Golf VR, & Iron Man has been non-M. I think Blood & Truth has been the sole M rated VR game recently), so it's all pretty even in the end.

Granted, their biggest budget blockbusters are more likely than not to be M rated games, but that's true of western (and western focused) game development in general.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dezzy

@Grumblevolcano

Heh, I didn't realise all of those were 18+. I guess I was wrong about that.

Anti-Matter

Meanwhile, my PS4 games so far.
Untitled
Still have no addition for my PS4 games due to my priority to build my PS3 games library quickly. 😅
My games will be always Safe for Kids and Teenager. 😊

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter What do you make of OverRide and Stranded Sails?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
I have unlocked some new skins for my Mechas on Override PS4. 😏
I still doubt to continue Stranded Sails due to felt quite disappointed after several minutes playing.
But, i have finished the storyline of Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 and Ratchet & Clank several days ago. 😀

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

gcunit

@Anti-Matter Sorry for your disappointment - what weren't you loving about SS?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Um...
Even on PS4 that running on 60 fps, i still saw fps drop to 30 fps on crowded place.
Cannot imagine if happened to Nintendo Switch version that running on 30 fps and probably 15 - 20 fps when being slowdowned.
The camera angle was locked from above (bird view) so i couldn't explore freely from different angles.
And the depleted energy was so fast, i could get panic attack when my energy starting goes to Zero.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic