Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 11,941 to 11,960 of 12,110

Ralizah

So it looks like we're getting TLOU Part II and Death Stranding news soon.

And the Pokemon Direct next week.

All right before E3.

It's going to be a busy few weeks.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

redd214

Rumor: Death Stranding, November 8th!

redd214

Grumblevolcano

If true it’s definitely feeling like PS5 is spring 2020 rather than holiday 2020. Sure the investor meeting rules out March but that doesn’t stop it being April for example.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Rumor is that TLOU Part II is delayed to 2020. Maybe it'll end up being a cross-gen launch title?

Sony's first party output is almost as critically acclaimed as Nintendo's now. It'd be a shame for them not to capitalize on one of their very biggest titles to push a new system on the market.

Ralizah

Octane

@Grumblevolcano If it is April (or May), you'd still expect a big increase in marketing budget. It isn't there. So it won't coms out before summer 2019, and a holiday release makes the most sense at that point.

Octane

NEStalgia

@redd214 I would assume that Ubi-Sub is a streaming service since Yves was the first to drag the whole streaming thing into the spotlight to begin with. I'd be shocked if it were a download service.

Then again with the rate Ubi turns around sequels, semi-sequels, and then discards them at the dump table, one could argue they're already a subscription service

NEStalgia

redd214

@NEStalgia great take, thanks!

Plus games for June announced, GREAT MONTH!!! Hundreds of hours of shooting and looting with Borderlands and can't wait to finally try Sonic, figured it was a plus game eventually, glad I waited!

Also Days of Play sale as usual. Nothing earth shattering it seems but still money to be saved!

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/05/29/days-of-play-11-da...

Edited on by redd214

redd214

NEStalgia

Speaking of Borderlands, anyone else try Borderlands 2 PSVR version? It's the first PSVR game that is slightly nauseating to me with the framerate, but it's pretty cool all the same! Just can't do it for long. It's clearly not game designed for VR, but it's a neat world to be first person in. And that's from someone who could never quite get into the game despite trying several times. I love the premise, but the gameplay never hooks me.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

My PS+ expires before November. I wonder if it'll require a sub to fully experience what the game has to offer?

Great selections for PS+ this month, btw. Glad I passed on Sonic Mania previously.

Ralizah

Dezzy

Well I'm slightly more interested than before now we've at least seen gameplay. Still no idea what's going on though!
Making random ladders and ropes looks fun though, lol.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

redd214

Year of Plus is 25% off on Newegg!! Use code EMCTAWT33

redd214

-Green-

Tbh, I can’t really bring myself to be excited for Death Stranding. Kojima generally just doesn’t vibe with me

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NEStalgia

@-Green- Same. Early MGS was great, but he got weird by 4 and just went off the rails after that.

NEStalgia

RR529

Think I'm about halfway through Tales of Zestria now (I'm closing in on level 50, and usually finish these things around the mid 70's). It's not a bad game, but man was everyone right in the sense that it's generic to a fault (probably doesn't help that I'm playing FFXHD over in Switch land).

Dungeons do tend have an engaging enough puzzle element, but aesthetically they're pretty bland (you can really tell this is the "Earth" dungeon because the brown hue of it's plain stone walls totally sets it apart from the blue hue of the plain stone walls of the "Water" dungeon. It's very much like a SNES JRPG in that regard). It also, at this point, sticks closer to a basic medieval theme than the past games I've played (Abyss & Vesperia mixed in magitech pretty openly), which doesn't help the generic-ness. Maybe they weren't yet comfortable developing a world for a fully controllable, behind the protag, 3rd person camera (Abyss & Vesperia had a kind of semi-fixed angle camera view going on inside cities & dungeons, that maybe let them put more thought into the environment since they had a better idea of what you'd be seeing at any given moment). Just a theory, though.

Oh, and don't get me started on the convoluted equipment system. Each piece of equipment, in addition to how they generally effect your stats, has 4 different effect slots, and it puts a focus on combining multiple pieces of equipment of the same type to mix & tweak their unique effects, more so than simply picking the piece of gear with the best general stats. Features like that aren't necessarily bad, but I've had a tough time grasping how it all comes together in this instance, and have largely ignored it (it's made even more convoluted by a sort of skill grid, that grants you yet even more bonuses if you give your equipment effects in the same family).

Seems like I'm doing a lot of complaining, but it's decent enough overall.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Magician

Really excited about the Borderlands 2 Handsome Collection being a PS+ game of June. I've never played the Pre-sequel. Heard that it's the black sheep of the series, but I'll give it a go for free. Besides, there's BL2 to go with it, and I wouldn't mind playing that again.

I still hope these games come to Switch eventually though.

Switch Physical Collection - 350 games (as of June 24th, 2019)
Currently playing: Okami HD (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

redd214

@Magician yeah the Presequel is by far the weakest of the 3 (4 if you want to throw Tales in there). Has some neat ideas but really just feels like an expansion rather than another game. Definitely worth a few playthrus though I think I spent 50ish hours with it.

I think the Collection has a decent chance of coming to switch, surprised Tales hasn't come yet as that would be the easiest. Doubt we will ever see 3 however.

redd214

Grumblevolcano

PS+ price increase happening August 1st in Europe, Australia and Japan.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

Keep in mind that's only 1 or 3 month subscriptions as far as I'm aware. Year-long subscriptions are untouched.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic