Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,961 to 11,980 of 16,083

Ralizah

New Japanese Sakura Wars trailer. Gameplay looks very action-based for this entry. December 12th release date in Japan.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@WebHead

Why wouldn't they?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

RR529

Never played one before, but I'm loving the art direction and world presented in that Sakura Wars trailer.

Anyhow, I just beat Poison Ivy in Return to Arkham Asylum and am getting ready for what I assume is going to be the final showdown with the Joker. I'm going to try and mop up what few collectables I have yet to get first, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

RR529

I'm letting my thoughts on it digest (I'll post my full thoughts in the "Games You Revently Beat" thread later), but I just finished up Batman: Return to Arkham Asylum this morning.

I currently have School Girl Zombie Hunters downloading, as I got it in a sale ages ago & figured I should finally at least try it.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

So, I would be playing Wolfenstein: Youngblood, possibly with a friend, but thankfully I saw gameplay videos of it before it had a chance to ship so I could see how terrible it is. Bullet-sponge enemies with terrible AI, bland world design, obnoxious characters that I was sick of after only 30 minutes, forced online interaction, lazy co-op design that pretty much exemplifies the very reason I tend to avoid co-op focused games, story that is somehow worse than Wolfenstein II: The New Bay Movie, and even the gunplay seemed lackluster, though I think that might have been more due to the level structure from the mission(s?) I saw...

It's Rage 2 all over again. I don't know what I was expecting. Maybe I need to cancel my DOOM: Eternal pre-order, too, because I don't trust Bethesda at all at this point. At no point looking at the adverts and pre-re-release did I think this was going to be this bad. I thought it would be a fine game to play through with a friend whom I'd played DOOM II with, and was disappointed we couldn't play together in the newer games. Goddamnit, I gotta stop watching E3 presentations and floor show footage...what a sham...

...at least Amazon managed to cancel my order on time. I don't think I've ever gone from, "oh hey, this game is shipping soon. Looking forward to playing that" to "Oh no! This game is shipping soon! I hope it can be stopped before it's too late!" in such a short amount of time, and to such a drastic degree.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

MsJubilee

@CanisWolfred Bethesda has been going downhill lately, first started with 76 and now with YoungBlood. Will not be surprised if Eternal gets mediocre reviews.

I would not trust this publisher with anything to be perfectly honest.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Magician

PS4 crosses the 100m units sold mark. Fastest in console gaming history, 5 years and 7 months. The question now is how close will it get to PS2's 150m+ units sold? With the release of PS5 less than 17 months away it's hard to say. I believe it'll come close.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

WebHead

Since sony is said to be attending Gamesxon next month I suspect a State of Play is coming within the next 2 weeks.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

EvilLucario

@Magician PS2 lasted forever, all the way through the PS3 and like two years into the PS4. The PS2 was an anomaly in that the PS3 had a disastrous launch, PS2 was cheap, had a TON of support, was made in a different time for third-world countries, etc.

Idk if we can get 150m on PS4 but we'll see.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

August Plus games are Wipeout Collection and Sniper Elite 4

Lots of value in the Wipeout collection if you don't already have it. All terrific games on their own. Doubt I will play the other game but I think this is a solid month!

Edited on by redd214

redd214

RR529

Doesn't WipEout have VR support? Definitely be trying it if that's the case.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

EvilLucario

@RR529 Apparently it does, full VR support. That's what I saw on Twitter though.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

redd214

The VR in Wipeout is pretty intense. I'm usually pretty good with vr and don't get uncomfortable with it very often but Wipeout was a lot to deal with. The speed, the colors, the elevation changes on certain tracks was a lot. Looked amazing though, maybe I should give it another go

redd214

RR529

Just started School Girl Zombie Hunter this morning.

So far it's had much more of a schlocly B-Movie vibe to it (rather than the over the top anime sexualization of something like Senran Kagura), so I think it's a bit more palatable on that front (though TBH, I personally have no issues with SK or games like it).

There's a few technical hiccups here & there, and it's budget nature definitely shows with it's graphics, but it seems like it's going to be a fun enough time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Magician

Fired up Wolfenstein Youngblood yesterday because a friend of mine was interested enough to purchase the deluxe edition. I was the recipient of the buddy pass. So far I think the game is fine. I've played both better games and worse games in the first person shooter genre. Although I'd rather be playing Borderlands than this. Better story, better progression systems, open world, etc.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Trajan

How is Soul Calibur 6 on PS4? I've recently been playing 2 on OG Xbox with a friend, and have become addicted. Never liked a fighting game besides Smash before.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

redd214

@Trajan it's is very good. Doesn't reach the heights of 2 but definitely the closest the series has been to recapturing that magic. Really cheap now too, I'm sure you could pick it up for no more than 20 bucks now.

redd214

RR529

Ugh, School Girl Zombie Hunter is getting irritating.

I don't necessarily mind the kind of janky controls as it is a budget game, but near the end of chapter 2 they decide that EVERY mission needs infinitely spawning enemies (that can spawn pretty much anywhere, like right on top of you or in a doorway a second before you enter), and seemingly half of them are super fast ones that bum rush you.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic