Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,901 to 11,920 of 16,084

Ralizah

@WebHead Reminds me of Microsoft's strategy with the 360. Most of their "exclusives" eventually ended up on the PS3 anyway, though.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

EvilLucario

Timed exclusivity is super annoying. Microsoft sucks with it, Sony sucks with it, Epic Games sucks with it.

But it works so companies are gonna spam it. Bah.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Good to know Sony has learned absolutely nothing. I'll probably wait 5 years before I grab the PS5, between their self-righteous desire to tell other companies what is or isn't appropriate without actually making clear guidelines, going all-in on expensive future-proofing hardware that will limit purchases for the average consumer (myself included, $400 was pushing it for the PS4 ffs. I looked online and I can't get even half of what they're saying they're putting in the PS5 for under $600. Even if they lose-lead for a few years, it's all but guaranteed to be a rerun of the PS3's launch), and now they're going to focus on big-budget AAA titles, while doing little to nothing to highlight the smaller titles that bring genuine creativity to this industry?

Yeah, no, call me when they've come back down to Planet Earth, please.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

I now have the PS4's biggest exclusive killer app downloading!

Of course I'm talkin' Knack(!), which I got in one of the sales for $4 or something earlier this year.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

WebHead

I bet Street Fighter VI will be a PS Console exclusive.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CanisWolfred

WebHead wrote:

I bet Street Fighter VI will be a PS Console exclusive.

Dude, if Capcom continues on the trajectory they've taken SFV in, it could be a mobile exclusive for all I care...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WebHead

Dauntless is fun but holy crap is it choppy. Literally a slideshow in the hubworld.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Anti-Matter

It's ironic for me to see upcoming PS4 games that match with my criteria.
I only can get these so far :
1. The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition & Cats + Dogs bundle in physical.
2. Portal Knights Gold Throne Edition
3. Dragon Quest Builders 2
4. Override Mech City Brawl

And with these games that i considered the Switch version instead of PS4 version.
5. Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
6. FF XII TZA
7. World of Final Fantasy
8. Overcooked Gourmet Edition
9. Overcooked 2
10. Penguin Wars
11. Little's Dragon Cafe
12. Yonder the Cloud Catcher Chronicles
13. Youtubers Life OMG Edition
14. Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon Every Buddy
15. Crash Bandicoot N'sane Trilogy
16. Dragon Quest Builders 1
17. Poi : Explorer Edition (PS4 version doesn't have physical release)
18. 99 Vidas
19. Puyo Puyo Tetris
20. Lost Sphear
21. LEGO CITY Undercover (But missing Mario / Nintendo franchises due to licence copyright)
22. Super Bomberman R
23. Street Fighter 30th Anniversary
24. My Time at Portia

If i considered those 24 PS4 games above, it will make my PS4 slim very worthy. But alas.... I choosed those 20 titles for my Nintendo Switch. 😅

Anti-Matter

RR529

I've recently started up Knack, which I got on sale for $4 months ago.

I'm actually finding it to be a pretty nice time so far. It's no God of War or Spider-Man, but it's not a bad game, IMO. It looks pretty nice, and gameplay, while simple, is responsive & solid. If I had any complaints, it's that I think Knack's design is a bit ugly, and the medieval troll civilization doesn't fit the rest of the world, which has more of a sci-fi vibe (almost like they're leftovers from a time when the game could have had a different theme).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

@RR529 The story is also terrible, the combat is repetitive, the main gimmick is either shallow or under-utilized, and the level design isn't very good, especially as you go along. $4 sounds about right for it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

redd214

@RR529 I enjoyed knack for what it was also, just a throwaway launch title. Was an overwhelmingly mediocre game but I had fun playing with my kids. Was one of the first games they beat! The sequel is definitely an improvement and is constantly on sale too. Not loads better but fixed some issues the first had.

redd214

Dezzy

Are you telling me this isn't an iconic and identifiable platformer mascot?

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

So, in a surprising move, Sony changed the soccer PS+ game to Detroit: Become Human Deluxe Edition. That comes with Heavy Rain.

So instead of soccer and Horizon, we get Detroit, Heavy Rain, and Horizon.

Makes it a much better month for the service overall.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NEStalgia

@redd214 I swear you're such an optimist you make @JaxonH look like a pessimist.

@Ralizah I don't think it's possible for Sony to not get slapped hard. They've gone on full arrogant mode again, they've flipped off most of the industry. Even freaking Capcom debuts stuff on Microsoft's stage now, Squeenix made the entire legacy of FF multiplat the moment Sony sold their shares, the entire "core gamer" internet sphere is aware of Sony's crossplay and censorship shenanegans, and now the indies comment. I don't even like indie games more times than not and I'm offended.

Meanwhile Good Guy Phil has been handing out "everyone gets a new game!" Oprah style platitudes and buying up gamer cred in spades, and has now united Nintendo, XBox, and PC Master Race gamers as one happy friendly people while Sony walks around with double middle fingers and a tongue stuck out.

PS3 Repeat Awaits!

@RR529 Hey, I really liked Knack, but I still love Knack 2. I still don't get the internet fire breathing over it. It's a fun action brawler, better than Skylanders, has some modest puzzling...it's just a fun romp. It's not a seminal title people talk about for years....but it's just fun to play.

@Ralizah: That's a really great list....remind me never to buy Sony exclusives again

NEStalgia

redd214

Displeased with their decision to change the game out. Maybe if I whine loudly enough they'll change it back lol.

@NEStalgia being an optimist takes less effort. The amount of time and energy people waste by getting all working up over something as trivial as video games is astounding.

redd214

NEStalgia

@redd214 The amount of biting of one's tongue that most occur to be an optimist in the modern world is more effort than telling it like it is. I'm starting to picture you wearing one of those We Happy Few masks

NEStalgia

funnyman420

What are the chances of Spider Man 2 coming out on the PS4 versus the PS5?

shut

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic