Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,881 to 11,900 of 13,340

Octane

@-Green- You can customise your character in Cyberpunk 2077. What you saw in the trailer was just the default male character.

Octane

-Green-

Fair enough. Assumed it was gonna more along the lines of Witcher

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

@Octane Why is the default male character always a gruff, buzz-shaved white guy, though?

Also, and this is a serious question: what's the point of customizing the appearance of your character in a game with a first-person viewpoint?

Anyway, I'll be on the lookout for that new gameplay footage. Hopefully it impresses.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go continuing to hype up SMT V and Animal Crossing, two games with exactly zero minutes of actual gameplay footage between them.

#Hypocrite4Life #E32019

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Octane

@Ralizah Because they used the default female character last year? I dunno.

I believe it is because you can still see your character during cutscenes (and in mirrors/reflections I guess).

Octane

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

@Octane Why is the default male character always a gruff, buzz-shaved white guy, though?

Because if it looked like the most hardcore gamers in the audience, it would make no sense in any kind of action role.

Untitled

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

EvilLucario

Tales is taking the best of the GOAT Xenoblade finally :^]

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

Tales of Aris is pretty much what I wish xenoblade 2 could look like

TuVictus

CanisWolfred

PikPi wrote:

Tales of Aris is pretty much what I wish xenoblade 2 could look like

Agreed.

Anywho, Square-Enix killed it. Final Fantasy VIII Remastered was inevitable, but appreciated nonetheless. Two SaGa remakes that refine already decent games definitely has me excited as a fan of the franchise. Tokyo RPG Factory's new RPG looks stylish as heck, glad we got to see some gameplay of it this time.

Only major fault in terms of announcements was Outriders, in that they didn't really show anything concrete to get excited about, which is a shame, because "This is the game we've always wanted to make" has generally be a good thing to hear from a dev team...

And I gotta say, the new Marvel movie looks pretty sweet! I mean, Endgame's still gonna be a tough flick to top, but-

What's that? It's supposed to be a game?

...oh...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Octane

So I learned something new today. Remember the Kojima Productions logo trailer from a couple of years ago? Turns out, that's actually Die-Hardman from Death Stranding. So maybe we have been looking at another (short) Death Stranding trailer without actually knowing it.

''You will be to go wherever you want... Even the Moon.'' Makes a lot more sense now lol.

Untitled

Octane

TuVictus

I think that connection was made a while back. At least, I do remember articles mentioning how the Logo was connected to Death Stranding.

TuVictus

Ralizah

Tales of Arise does look genuinely fantastic, doesn't it? I like that you seem to be able to battle enemies without transitioning to a separate battle screen. That can be somewhat jarring, and I think fighting enemies where you find them works better with more action-based JRPGs like this one.

Although, based purely on the footage, I'd compare it more to NieR: Automata than Xenoblade 2.

I've wanted to get into this series for a long time, so no reason I shouldn't start with the latest and greatest. Especially if the combat is actually fun in this entry.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Octane

@PikPi Maybe, I hadn't made the connection myself, but now it's obvious.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Dezzy

YongYea says he's interviewing the CD Projekt devs later today and asked what questions people want answered.

The top question by far was "How much is Sony making you censor the game?". Lol, I'll be following this closely.

Edited on by Dezzy

Octane

@Dezzy He's doing a lot of interviews lately. Looking forward to that one.

Octane

Zuljaras

So my PS4 Pro can't be repaired and they will refund me Now I have to look for a new one. Probably I will try to get CUH-72xx

Zuljaras

Zuljaras

@Octane It is quiet when in dashboard. When I start a game and I am at the point I have control the console started to screech. It was like electronic very loud buzz. After that even if I go to the dashboard the screeching does not stop. I have to restart the console.
I sent it and today they told me that I will get full refund. So I will buy a nice bundle with some other game and get Spider-Man separately.

Damn I got the Amazing Red Pro console It was beautiful

Zuljaras

Dezzy

Finally finished God of War! Pretty great on the whole, although I definitely rate it a bit lower than many other people seem to.

It would make it into my top 10 for this generation but probably on the lower end. It definitely doesn't come close to games like Witcher 3 and Breath of the Wild for me.

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras You need a nice, safe hobby, like collecting coins, or wood carving. This video game thing just doesn't want to like you. I thought I had the worst luck in the world with this stuff. Listening to you is almost therapeutic....

@Raliza I'm playing Vesperia and really enjoying it actually. I tried YS8 and just wasn't getting truly into it for some reason so I decided to change the pace and open Vesperia.....I'm not too far in...E3 interrupted, but so far I'm really really liking it. And I never got along with Tales of the Abyss or Symphonia. I abandoned both somewhere in the first 3 areas. The new one looks stunning.

NEStalgia

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia No mannn. just no. They even told me they CAN'T repair the console so I am waiting for the refund. In the meantime I got Pro CUH-7216B with Spider-Man and AC Odyssey

Edited on by Zuljaras

Zuljaras

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic