Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,861 to 11,880 of 16,083

RR529

Okay the final boss in Tales of Zestiria is a butt (self censorship there, lol).

He has an attack that wipes your entire team (regardless of how much HP you have, and it even overrides emergency resurrection/avoid KO abilities you may have), and the only way to stop it is to deal 20,000 HP worth of damage to him before he fully charges it (and you have to do this 3 or 4 times throughout the fight).

Haven't been able to beat him yet, but hopefully I have better luck next time.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

diwdiws

@Dezzy they may not have any right to dictate what you want to see but they sure do have the the right to dictate what they want to show you

diwdiws

Dezzy

@diwdiws

Having a "right" to do something is different than it being a good idea. Obviously a private company has a right to do whatever they want within a piece of fiction. But it would be incredibly bad for a company like Square, and gaming in general, if they really did have a centralized authority within their company dictating content restrictions.

I think people who've clarified this story have said "ethics department" just refers to the people who advise them on how to meet various different age ratings around the world though. So that's much less bad than it sounded.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

darkfenrir

By the way, about the Tifa thing... it's a mistranslation.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

Seems like quite a weird focus on realism for a game with swords the size of people, talking lions, and Tifa fighting groups of gun-toting guards with just her fists.

I was kinda willing to suspend disbelief on whether the details in the clothing would translate perfectly into reality.

darkfenrir

@Dezzy Eh, character designs are always like that from what I see. It's also possibly on the line on showing that she's more athletic, and those kind of outfits do help show it.

Her default outfit helps sell what is her focus supposed to be (Athletic girl with muscles), it's like a knight tend to wear armors and capes, etc.

darkfenrir

Dezzy

@darkfenrir

You mean games in general? Or Final Fantasy games? I wouldn't say Final Fantasy designs tend to be that practical at all. They've often been completely ridiculous and are designed purely to look kinda cool. I mean FFX/X-2 has both a skirt made out of belts:

Untitled

And the good old classic 'bikini with scarf', for people whose neck exists in a different climate from their chest.

Untitled

darkfenrir

@Dezzy A bit more like in general and anime / manga industries to be honest. (My FF exposure right now is FF 9 / 12 /15, and 9 follows the conventional costumes nicely iirc)

And wow, those are very bad lol, pretty much the "this is cool" category design and will be destroyed to hell and back if you are in class.

darkfenrir

DannyBoi

Got a question about PS Now. If I don't resubscribe to it for a certain amount of time, will they keep my save files?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

RR529

How are the .Hack RPGs? They currently have a big sale going on for PS+ members, and they have a collection of .Hack RPGs for $15 (it consists of 3 remastered PS2 games, and a 4th entry newly made just for the collection, though I'm not sure how big that last one is).

I usually prefer to grab previous gen remasters on Switch, but this seems like a lot of content for a great price.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

CanisWolfred

@RR529 I haven't played it yet, but the GU games were more positively recieved than their predecessors, and the remakes have similarly been praised for bringing some worthwhile upgrades to the mix. They're 3 (now 4) interconnected games, IIRC, so it feels more like one long game.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

darkfenrir

@RR529 The overall story is good, but be warned that you can definitely get burnout of seeing the same dungeon background...

I played it through in around a week just to get through the story, and holy shit if I'm 100% glad that I don't need to stare at those same dungeons once more. Overall the gameplay's not bad though (Although since I play the cheating difficulty I can't say much), and the growth of the characters are the shining moments for it.

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Oh yeah, forgot to ask this, anyone here getting Judgement? The new spin-off by the ones making Yakuza series?

I've been looking at the Let's Play and goddamn it looks like it'll play amazing (and looks amazing to boot!)

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Ralizah

I lost interest as soon as it became clear that it was a Yakuza spinoff, unfortunately.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

@CanisWolfred, @darkfenrir, thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it's worth a shot at that price, so I'll see if I can get it before the sale is over.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

JihyoFanboy

Ralizah wrote:

I lost interest as soon as it became clear that it was a Yakuza spinoff, unfortunately.

I mean, wasn't it obvious from the get go? Yakuza spinoffs aren't exactly hiding their relation to the parent series.

JihyoFanboy

Ralizah

@redd214 Worst month yet. I think I'm more interested in whatever old NES ROMs Nintendo dredges up next month.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

CanisWolfred

Hey now, Horizon Shift Turbo looked cool...3 years ago, when they first announced the Kickstarter page for it. It didn't shape up into anything worthwhile, replicating the basics of Outrun while completely leaving out the timer aspects that were core to the game's sense of exhilerating challenge. But at least they got their Kickstarter money...and their publisher money...and I guess Sony's compensating them for being the monthly free game...

Yeah, I think I'd rather have Ice Climbers forcibly installed on my hard drive.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic