Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 561 to 580 of 1,353

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano That's the biggest reason I think PC will be the platform Atlus allows Persona to "break free" to first. For whatever reason, Sony doesn't see the PC market as competition, so I think it'd be a way for Atlus to build their audience for this series without threatening the cozy relationship they have with Sony.

The excellent sales for Golden make that all the more likely to happen, IMO.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

I think PC generally isn't viewed as competition because it's already probably more widespread and not locked to specific demographics like console gaming is

PCs are the closest gaming devices to just regular everyday commodities so everyone owns one, and not specifically just gaming PCs but even performance-oriented PCs and laptops that happen to be capable of light-medium gaming like the Dell XPS line or the Asus Zenbooks or even Macs and Macbooks are more widely adopted by people compared to a console specifically dedicated to gaming like a PS4 or a Switch. There's more of a natural overlap between people who own PCs and consoles as a result.

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

TheFrenchiestFry

Finally

English release date right around the corner

TheFrenchiestFry

jedgamesguy

Awesome news. I had almost forgotten that this game was coming to Switch, or rather, has already. Strange that Atlus is making SMT 5 a simultaneous worldwide release, but Strikers took a year to come to the West. Very differing strategies.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

TheFrenchiestFry

@TheJGG I think Strikers was a special case considering COVID in conjunction with the PC port probably being a last minute decision that SEGA made as a result of Persona 4 Golden doing extremely well on Steam for them

There's even datamined evidence in the JP release files for Nocturne HD suggesting that game is coming to Steam as well

TheFrenchiestFry

JoeDiddley

Now the release of Strikers is out of the way, and now I’ve beaten it - I’m eagerly awaiting the Nocturne date.

Another reason I’m interested is because I’m expecting SMT V to get pushed to next year, and the date for Nocturne might all but confirm it.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

TheFrenchiestFry

@JoeDiddley If SMT V doesn't show up in some form at the Online Concert in a few weeks then I'm going to assume it's getting delayed as well

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@Balta666 Awesome! It really is a legendary release.

My main (unsolicited) advice would be:

• Play on Normal difficulty. The newly added easy difficulty is too easy, and will ruin the experience for a first time player. It's easier anyway because you can control which skills your demons inherit in this version. The game will still give you a black eye from time-to-time, but the bosses are difficult for a reason: they force you to understand and exploit the game's excellent battle mechanics.
  • Level grinding is rarely the answer. If you're stuck on a difficult enemy, the reason is almost always because you need different skills and/or demons that take advantage of the enemy's weakness and account for their strengths, not because your level is too low. That's assuming you don't run from most random encounters, of course.
  • Never get too attached to your demons. They can't die, but fusing them with other demons is how they grow stronger. Fuse intelligently, fuse often.
  • Go for a physical/magic hybrid build for your MC early on, but transition into pumping as many points as possible into your strength and agility stats mid-to-late game. Demifiend's best late game abilities will be primarily physical.

Edited on by Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

@Balta666

Ralizah wrote:

@Balta666 Awesome! It really is a legendary release.

My main (unsolicited) advice would be:

• Play on Normal difficulty. The newly added easy difficulty is too easy, and will ruin the experience for a first time player. It's easier anyway because you can control which skills your demons inherit in this version. The game will still give you a black eye from time-to-time, but the bosses are difficult for a reason: they force you to understand and exploit the game's excellent battle mechanics.
  • Level grinding is rarely the answer. If you're stuck on a difficult enemy, the reason is almost always because you need different skills and/or demons that take advantage of the enemy's weakness and account for their strengths, not because your level is too low. That's assuming you don't run from most random encounters, of course.
  • Never get too attached to your demons. They can't die, but fusing them with other demons is how they grow stronger. Fuse intelligently, fuse often.
  • Go for a physical/magic hybrid build for your MC early on, but transition into pumping as many points as possible into your strength and agility stats mid-to-late game. Demifiend's best late game abilities will be primarily physical.

I second that last point about aiming for a physical build in Nocturne for your party. Physical is just way more rewarding than either pure magic or mixed magic/physical

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

The Nocturne remaster has been PEGI and ESRB rated for PC. While it is also coming to PS4, the fact Atlus went for a PC release of Nocturne means SMTV may be coming to PC as well like most 3rd party Switch console exclusives.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano Nah. Atlus is pretty good about keeping their exclusives... well... exclusive!

They might as well put a multiplat on as many relevant platforms as possible, though.

You could use this same logic to say Nocturne HD going to PS4 is evidence that SMT V will also go to PS4, which is obviously not going to happen.

Edited on by Ralizah

TheFrenchiestFry

These PC ports were probably way fast tracked due to P4G anyway. Same with Persona 5 Strikers launching on PC worldwide in tandem with the English release

I doubt SMT V will be getting that same treatment but older Atlus games are definitely not out of the question. They might even have something ready for the PC Gaming Show again this year

It's just insane that PC so far already has a mainline SMT game, a mainline Persona game and a Persona spinoff and it hasn't even been a year since P4G came out yet

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

jump

I’m not really sure why they would do pre-order DLC for a remastered game and I ain’t gonna get the digital Deluxe edition but the Dante pack if sold separately could tempt me.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

BruceCM

There seemed to be a retail version likely to appear as well.... If so, I'll probably stick to getting it on Switch to go with SMT V

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TheFrenchiestFry

@jump Dante's probably being sold seperately since that was the case in Japan

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

Not a fan of this early access for digital deluxe purchasers nonsense again, but at least we have a date now. And it's not too far away!

There were some other games I was going to pick up in June, but so much for that. I'll want at least a month of space between this game and anything else, lol.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic