Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,353

Ralizah

Live chats almost always suck, and attract the worst sort of people

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ralizah

@Slowdive I didn't tag you in my response, so you wouldn't have been notified.

It's unfortunate, but non-random demon skill inheritance, on its own, is going to make Nocturne a way better experience than on PS2. It's the biggest QoL improvement that needed to happen in the remaster. Rather crazy to think it had to be patched in after months of being out in stores in Japan.

TheFrenchiestFry

Thank you Koei Tecmo for remembering the superior Persona 1 battle theme

Thank you

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Losermagnet

I saw a vid comparing the Persona Strikers load times on Switch/PS4/PS5. Woof are those Switch load times rough. I mean, if it's your only option it is what it is but it has me thinking I might wait and pick Strikers when I (someday) get a PS5.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

Ralizah

@Losermagnet For what it's worth, I've heard that the load times in the Switch version now are less egregious than what they are in that video.

Although it obviously won't match up to the PS5 version, and is probably still the one that takes the longest time to load. Which is no surprise: there's not a single game in this world that won't load faster on a PS5.

As usual: Switch for portability, modern systems for performance. I'm just really happy it's a solid port that performs well.

Edited on by Ralizah

Losermagnet

@Primo995 @Ralizah I don't mean to disparage the Switch port, just that side-by-side the difference was much more palpable. Good to hear it's been improved and that the game performs well. I rarely use handheld mode, so lately if it's a game I can get on my PS4 I just go that route instead.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

TheFrenchiestFry

@JustMe Really? I watched previews of the Switch release and it definitely takes something more like 7-10 seconds to transition between areas in the Jails. It also still takes like an absurd amount of time to enter and exit the Velvet Room or transition from the real world to the Metaverse. Granted it's better than the vanilla Japanese release but still pretty distracting from what I've seen

TheFrenchiestFry

boop23

lmao harus va has a ep poster? nice to see that game isnt entirely forgotten about

boop23

JoeDiddley

I played Persona 5 on the PS3 and I was fine with the P5S demo on Switch.

I’ll be playing it probably 50/50 handheld, so although it won’t be the best performing version it doesn’t put me off.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

TheFrenchiestFry

@JoeDiddley That's ultimately what it comes down to

The Switch version really only should be an option if you either don't have access to other platforms or you just really make use out of its hybrid nature. I am neither of those people, thus I went for PC which is basically like the best possible option out there now for someone like me who does probably as much PC gaming as console gaming these days in addition to wanting to support Atlus' games on that platform as much as I do on PlayStation and Nintendo

TheFrenchiestFry

JoeDiddley

@TheFrenchiestFry that makes sense too. If I did have all options available, PC is the way to go.

Hopefully supporting on Switch and PC will help Atlus continue to support multiple platforms for future releases (where they can).

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

urrutiap

Today is the day. Persona 5 Strikers should be in stores by now but you can also get it off of the Nintendo Switch eshop which I am planning on doing.

That and Taxi Chaos is on the eshop right now

urrutiap

TheFrenchiestFry

Happy P5S release day everyone

Whether you're on PS4, Switch or Steam we're all Phantom Thieves today

TheFrenchiestFry

crimsontadpoles

I've reached the end of SMT IV: Apocalypse. It was very good. Overall I had a lot more fun with this than I did with SMT IV. Partially that just due to me being more familiar with SMT these days, knowing the game mechanics and what to expect better. The quality of life improvements also helped.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Krull

@crimsontadpoles Ah, it’s great, isn’t it? I had a ball with Apocalypse. What difficulty did you play on? And how many tries did the last boss take you? (Think I got it on the fourth go...)

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

crimsontadpoles

@Krull I played on medium difficulty for nearly all of it. The only time I lowered it was for that final boss. I defeated it on my second attempt, though that was on the super easy difficulty.

I wasn't too far off defeating it on my first attempt on normal difficulty, but some bad luck and a minor mistake messed me up. After such a long and gruelling attempt, I didn't really want to go through all that again, so I lowered the difficulty.

My Anime List
I want you to make contracts with me and become magical girls!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5487-8712-2210 | 3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889 | Nintendo Network ID: crimsontadpoles

Krull

@crimsontadpoles Yeah, that last fight takes a while. First time around, I didn’t really understand the weakness mechanic from Flynn’s attack, then I realised I needed to beef up my backup demons. Think I had a strong team of four or five on my first couple of attempts, but that wasn’t enough. Got there in the end!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

jump

It's that time of year again when you can spam Atlus questionnaires for Persona ports. Link and translations is below for those that want to join in.

https://personacentral.com/atlus-2020-online-consumer-survey/

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheFrenchiestFry

The last question of the survey also asks for you to explicitly ask them what you specifically want from them in the future in 300 characters or less

Very interested in what they take from this. There's a lot more questions pertaining to PC than last year's

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

@TheFrenchiestFry You'd naturally expect more PC ports between Persona 4 Golden PC being a success last year and Sony delving more into PC on the 1st party front (Atlus' relationship with Sony not being affected by Atlus doing PC ports because Sony's doing it).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic