Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,353

boop23

the atmosphere is also entirely different in every way, i figure most fans who got into megaten that started with persona might not like mainline all that much but i think everyone should give it a try regardless. if youre in the mood for a game that will constantly put you down but rewards you for getting up every time i cant recommend the mainline smt series enough.

boop23

Ralizah

@urrutiap It's worth mentioning that SMT IV: Apocalypse is probably the best 'bridge' between Persona and SMT, given the more balanced difficulty curve, QoL improvements, and increased focus on humor and character development versus the very dour and self-serious SMT IV. The story can also be appreciated separately from SMT IV.

SMT IV is good as well, but it's important not to be put off by the initial few hours of the game. The first major dungeon in the game will likely grind your face into the ground more than once, but the game becomes much more approachable as you play further in.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

I'd say IV and IV Apocalypse compliment each other in the same way Persona 2 Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment compliment each other

They can be perfectly enjoyed as two standalone entries by themselves but their merits are really exemplified when you play them together. IV Apocalypse even has a similar set up with it taking place in an alternate reality adjunct to the previous game much like how the Other Side works in P2IS and EP

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

mr_somewhere

IV is as decent an entry point as you're going to get. I'd go with that over IV A just because, gripes aside, you'll get more out of IV A if you play it after IV. There's a definite learning curve, but in all honesty things'll have clicked by the time you get through the first major dungeon, they do a good job of beating the fundamentals into you by that stage. You'll probably experience a fair few party wipes by that point but if you stick with it it'll be worth it in the end.

Switch ID: SW-5759-3188-0977

boop23

id say p2 is way different, you should absolutely do innocent sin first or most of eternal punishment will not make sense.

boop23

TheFrenchiestFry

Today on Nintendo Switch Online Z, We get the short end of the stick again

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

The fan translations have been around for years, so I'm not that worried about it. Same thing happened with Fire Emblem and Genealogy of the Holy War in Japan.

We really do need more ports of some of their older games, though. Primarily the PS2-era games. There's no reason DDS1&2 and the Raidou Kuzunoha games shouldn't be available on SOMETHING semi-modern.

Edited on by Ralizah

BruceCM

Hopefully, @Slowdive .... The official Nocturne HD site says 'spring', so we should hear about that one soon, at least!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

TheFrenchiestFry

The SMT Online Concert is coming up a few weeks so I'd be shocked if they don't show something from SMT V there, since they usually use concerts as venues to detail new game information or even for new game reveals outright

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

I just want to see gameplay. I have so many questions.

Ralizah

@Primo995 It'll be a pain in the butt, but you could always format your Vita, create an American PSN account, attach it to your newly formatted Vita, and then buy and download the game from American PSN.

Not sure if you'll be able to use your current payment method or not in a different region's PSN, though.

The ultimately more convenient solution would be to hack your Vita, install CFW, and then either use PKGj to download it directly to your machine from Sony's servers, or install a PSP emulator and download a PSP eboot of the game, but that's all a tad involved and, obviously, would require the use of computers. It also strays a little closer to piracy than a lot of people would feel comfortable with.

I guess there's also the pure retro gamer approach: buy a PS1 and a physical copy of the game. But that seems... expensive.

Edited on by Ralizah

boop23

for hacking vitas youll need a bigger sd card but the payoff is an incredible backlog of ps1, psp, and ofc vita games. but if youre just looking to download eternal punishment then you might not need a big sd card

boop23

Ralizah

@Primo995 Nocturne HD Remaster. It should be releasing in the first half of the year, and Nintendo likes to push SMT.

SMT V could possibly get a new trailer, although I'm not personally expecting them to announce a release date at this juncture. Seeing some footage of it would be amazing, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

boop23

nocturne remaster fo sho, not expecting anything on smtv but my god i would appreciate it

boop23

TheFrenchiestFry

Nocturne HD Remaster is probably showing up tomorrow. It's definitely first half of 2021 and given SMT's constant presence at Nintendo events it's probably going to be where they debut some sort of trailer announcing its release date

SMT V I can see Atlus holding off on until the Online Concert happening in March given it's probably not a Q1/Q2 title so it's less likely to show up in this particular Direct

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

There will NOT be a Shin Megami Tensei III release date trailer in this Direct and the game will NOT be confirmed for Steam after the Direct on Atlus' YT/Twitter

I really hope this reverse psychology works

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

Slowdive wrote:

That's exactly what I think as well. Finally a date for a polished rerelease of one of the finest games - ever made!

Not sure I'd go that far, considering its issues. At least we got demon skill inheritance patched in, though.

TheFrenchiestFry

Yeah the framerate on both console platforms is still extremely rough

PS4 is slightly better but not much better and Switch is still stutter central

But with it probably coming to PC now those problems will be allieviated at least and we'll also get to mod in stuff like better looking FMVs and uncompressing the damn music lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

The Nocturne HD Remaster release date will get revealed by Twitter. Twitter is the real Nintendo Direct now. The presentations are just for F2P shovelware developers with deep pockets, I guess.

TheFrenchiestFry

Was just watching the Persona 5 Strikers launch stream and the live chat was 60% Switch portbegging, 30% spamming pancake emojis and 10% other lol

It's nice to know Haru's VA has a P2EP poster in her room though

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic