Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,353

TheFrenchiestFry

Yeah I wasn't expecting anything too crazy for the first announcement. Maybe some big stuff will drop at the live concert since concerts usually coincide with Persona game information as has been seen in the past

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

VoidofLight

Ah, so it's not going to just all be games then. It'll be a combo of games, merch, and other announcements. November and December seem to be the months to look forwards to more I guess.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

MsJubilee

Atlus pulled an Atlus.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

TheFrenchiestFry

@MsJubilee I wouldn't exactly call it an "Atlus pulling an Atlus" moment if only because Persona at this point is way more than just the games. Stuff like this usually tends to precede the bigger announcements that apply worldwide rather than just Japan. It works a lot like Pokemon in that way

TheFrenchiestFry

Grumblevolcano

I felt no presence at the Playstation Showcase was a hint that the first announcement was smaller scale as for the most part Persona is a Playstation franchise. Similarly, given the December timing for announcement 2 I feel if there's nothing at the Game Awards that it'll also be smaller scale.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheFrenchiestFry

https://atlus.com/the-persona-25th-anniversary-celebration-be...

Atlus West has now dropped a version of the Persona 25th Anniversary website specific to English players as well as a selection of celebratory wallpapers for PC/mobile

A distinction with the English site is that it doesn't list concrete dates for each announcement, which makes me think that if something announced during one of the Japan slots has worldwide crossover, they'll just update the site instead of teasing it beforehand

TheFrenchiestFry

Alex90

Only Prime Video Japan? Oh no...

Playing
(Via Steam/Steam Play):
Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne HD Remaster
Disciples III Reincarnation

TheFrenchiestFry

@Alex90 Yeah all the anime content is Japan exclusive in terms of streaming for now.

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

The only thing I wished was that Royal would get an anime, which would be effectively a do-over for the persona 5 anime, covering the base game and the royal content, with better animation.

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight Honestly I've lost pretty much all faith in A-1 Pictures after P5A. The previous team doing these Persona anime series were so much better and more consistent, and really the only thing of note A-1 did right was the Persona 3 movie series

A Royal Animation would probably end up feeling even more forced and arbitrary at this point than Golden Animation was

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

@TheFrenchiestFry I was thinking that if they did a Royal series, then it should've just been by another team, given how A-1's adaptation wasn't great at all. I just remember seeing shots of the anime, and everything was inconsistent, with weird zoom ins on places that shouldn't really be zoomed in on.

Ralizah

Japan got a new trailer in their version of the Direct.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Ralizah

Can't wait to be disappointed tomorrow when that Soul Hackers reveal turns out to be something lame.

A modern-gen remake, or a third Devil Summoner game, would be super exciting, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Well, the lack of a Switch version is pretty lame (seriously, how is this unable to run on the Switch!).

On the other hand, the game itself looks fantastic!

BruceCM

Yeah, I'll be getting that on Steam, @Ralizah .... I missed the original on DS, so I hope I'll be able to jump into the sequel well enough!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@BruceCM I'm guessing it's just Devil Summoner 3, even if they dropped that branding. Gameplay looks more reminiscent of Persona than anything. I doubt you'll have any issues.

Edited on by Ralizah

BruceCM

Well, Devil Summoner didn't make it over here, either, did it, @Ralizah ....? But I'm sure they'll try to make it accessible to people who haven't played them! & it doesn't usually stop me plunging in if I like the look of a game, so I do want to see more but I'll probably get it

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

@BruceCM Yeah, it's pretty obscure. One of the few Jp-only MegaTens that hasn't even received a proper English-language fan patch.

I believe the same was true of Soul Hackers, which is one reason why the 3DS port was so significant.

BruceCM

Yeah, shame I missed that 1, @Ralizah .... Tell us more about them, if you want I wasn't so keen on P4G & only got the SMTs on Switch but have heard about them

SW-4357-9287-0699

Matt_Barber

At least with Atlus, their PC versions tend to run on an absolute potato, so you won't need to upgrade unless you're running an eight year old craptop.

Matt_Barber

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic