Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,353

Wheeler

Was hoping for Gene from God Hand instead

Wheeler

Ralizah

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2021/06/27/exclusive-shi...

New screenshots courtesy of Game Informer.

This straight up looks like a game developed for the PS4. Which is probably why a lot of the screenshots have a softness to them, because I imagine this is going to be low-ish res even when docked.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

It may look low res-ish when docked but honestly as someone who plays almost exclusively in handheld mode on my Switch I'm prepared for this game to look really damn good on that screen

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry I'm expecting adaptive 720p/540p for this game, with regular sub-native dips even on the TV. SMT V is going to hit this hardware like a ton of bricks.

As long as the framerate doesn't crap out like Age of Calamity, though, I'll be OK.

Edited on by Ralizah

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket Eh, I doubt that. The graphical ability of the switch, while impressive for the handheld, is on par with the ps3 in terms of graphics I'm pretty sure. Either on Par, or a bit above it. The PS4 is still leagues above the switch.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Ralizah

@Snaplocket It better not. The game was fine when docked (720p with some sub-native dips when things got hectic; absolutely fine, given the hardware and how pretty the game was), but handheld performance was a bad joke when you entered any even vaguely open areas.

It's inexcusable that an exclusive for the system runs worse in handheld mode than The Witcher 3, which shouldn't even be running on the hardware.

Edited on by Ralizah

VoidofLight

@Snaplocket But saying the Switch is on par with the ps4 or a little bit stronger is literally just lying to yourself. The Switch is a bit more powerful than the Wii U, and the Wii U wasn't that powerful to begin with, maybe only topping ps3 by a slight amount.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch is just powerful enough to handle 8th gen games but that's pretty much as far as it goes. I wasn't expecting it to look graphically as great as a PS4 game, even like Persona 5, but the art direction goes a really long way in making it look stellar for the hardware

It's probably the best looking UE4 game I've seen on Switch so far

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

SMT MUSIC ON SPOTIFY. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry Hopefully they upload the actual OSTs as well. These live renditions just don't sound as good.

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah Dante's boss theme sounds so

Empty

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@Snaplocket I dunno. This one is more like Nocturne and doesn't seem to feature the heavy sci-fi influence found in the other mainline games, so no demon summoning program, I imagine, and no smart device with unlockable apps. Maybe they'll fashion some equivalent unlockable magic skills, though.

Atlus West clearly wanted to invest as little money as possible into those last couple of 3DS games, which explains why SJ Redux and PQ2 both only featured Japanese vocals. A bit of a shame, really.

TheFrenchiestFry

Jesus P4G nearly broke a million in a year on PC

Didn't it take the Vita version like 6 or 7 years to do the same thing lol

Man thank god that PC port happened. A game this good shouldn't be locked to a handheld that dead lol (I still love my Vita but yeah)

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

If SEGA is stressing the importance of Persona games doing well overseas this better translate to P6 getting a simultaneous worldwide launch like SMT V is getting this year

Hell Sony should be taking notes on how Nintendo is publishing the game in Europe so they don't get screwed over waiting months on end for that digital only BS. I'd honestly be completely fine with P6 being PS-exclusive if Sony does a Nintendo and is more hands on with marketing, distribution or even localization efforts with this game with how much bigger Persona is by comparison

TheFrenchiestFry

Magician

I'm about five hours into SMT III HD. Really enjoying my time so far. Just got the yen bill, making my way through the Ginza Underpass to the Mantra Army. And although I'm not the biggest fan of games built on Unity (usually the load times are worse than games built on UE), but I think the dark and eerie vibe the series is known for comes across really well in this remake.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic