Forums

Topic: The Megami Tensei Thread

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,353

Losermagnet

Devil Survivor was my first SMT game as well. I wanted to play Persona, only had a 3DS, and figured it was a good compromise (that's what I thought at the time at least). I've had a lot of experience with SRPGs so I found the challenge fun. Also the story and the pacing really sold it well. The sequel on the other hand....much more difficult and much less interesting. Can't say I'd recommend either for somebody looking to get into SMT. Persona would be the one to go with if you have the option.

Edited on by Losermagnet

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

VoidofLight

@Ralizah I actually was told that Nocturne was another good starting point for the series, due to it not being that hard, unless you don't learn the mechanics of the game itself. I'm at least hoping V will be a pretty good place to start.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

JaxonH

SMTV Premium Edition up at Gamestop but you have to scroll down to games section and you'll see the pre-order button

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/nintendo-switch

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

That Kumbhanda render looks so nice

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ralizah

I love some of the enemy death animations in this game.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah I just noticed that by hitting enemies with their elemental weakness their death animations actually involve the effects of that skill like being shattered to pieces with the ice in a Bufu skill

The details are so on point

TheFrenchiestFry

Ralizah

@TheFrenchiestFry Yep. It's really cool looking. Small touches like those go a long way toward making battles feel less abstract and more like they're actually happening in-game.

It really feels like they're going all-out to make this feel like a proper home console experience.

JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Snaplocket
It's more about the CE box to display for me. All that extra tat just stays in the box (unless it's a steelbook, which gets displayed, or an artbook, which goes on the shelf).

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, I'm so happy that elemental deaths are back. Mudoon's looks awesome.

Hopefully Demon Whisper also comes back from the IV duology.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Ralizah

I'll be using all of my CE stuff. Might reduce the value of the set going into the future, but I don't really see the benefit of buying something and not using it.

Particularly looking forward to the demon handbook. It's like a printed compendium that comes with the game.

VoidofLight

@Slowdive Hey, at least you can just get poster paper and print it out, since the image is in pretty high quality here.

TheFrenchiestFry

And my order for the SMT V launch steelbook has been placed. My first Atlus steelbook after so many years of following these developers

TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

the fog breather

TheFrenchiestFry

VoidofLight

wonder if they're planning to reveal every demon before launch.

TheFrenchiestFry

@VoidofLight Considering this game is an HD entry I imagine to reduce the workload they also limited the amount of demons included since rendering the complete slate in one go would've probably increased development time or costs. I think Persona 5 went through a similar situation since that was the first HD entry in that series as well. I expect the demon amount in this game to be large, but not nearly as much as say, the 3DS games for example

TheFrenchiestFry

Wheeler

Maybe if the reception of SMT V is positive, Atlus will finally give Raidou a another game. Though the thought of Kaneko not being the artist is a scary thought. I'd settle for remaster as long it doesn't get the Nocturne treatment.

Wheeler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic