Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,341 to 1,351 of 1,351

Shadowthrone

I've been playing Assassins Creed Origins. I haven't played one of these in quite some time (I played AC 1 and 2 and that was it), so I'm skipping a fair amount here. I'm quite enjoying myself.
The main draw for me was the Egyptian setting. I love that part of history, so being able to run around in it is fantastic. Historical inaccuracies don't really bother me, it's just fun to be in ancient Egypt.
Having skipped a bunch of AC, I missed the incremental changes that occurred, but I like where it ended up. For instance, I can actually run into people without guards losing their minds and trying to kill me. The parkour seems a lot better to control as well. The 'real world' stuff seems to have taken a back seat as well, which is fine with me too. I was always just wanting those parts to be over and get back to the Animus.

Edited on by Shadowthrone

Shadowthrone

Zuljaras

I have made a nice Christmas purchase for me. Some classics were heavily discounted on GOG.

Untitled

Zuljaras

BruceCM

I already have all of those, @Zuljaras .... Might even get around to playing them eventually!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

BruceCM

Lols or they were such a bargain .... ? I'll have to check what else I have on GoG, since I rarely get around to actually playing most of those

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

JaxonH

Aha! Figured out a way to put my PC to sleep from my Steam controller, and wake it with my Steam controller, and get around the 3rd party launchers that pop up in Steam that require a keyboard for.

1 Set my Bios to be able to wake from sleep via USB keyboard
2 Created a shortcut on my desktop with a command that puts my PC to sleep, then assigned a shortcut CTRL + ALT + FORWARD_SLASH (NLife wouldn’t render the actual slash)
3 Mapped that shortcut key assignment to a Guide chorded button press with Left Grip, which executes the shortcut from the Steam Controller (had to disable hibernation though)
4 Set right joystick on my DualShock 4 (which I use for half the games I play) to act as mouse in Big Picture Mode, so that when 3rd party launchers pop up (like for Ubisoft Games) I can navigate the cursor and click ok from the controller.

It’s amazing how the little things make the experience so much more smooth.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Rise demo
PC: -----
PS5: -----
EXCITED FOR
NS: Monster Hunter Rise

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

Every PC gamer should watch this video. It’s so good

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Heavyarms55

Gonna ask these here too.

Does anyone else ever use the Switch controllers here with PC? I had no difficulty connecting mine wirelessly the first time. But I can't get it to reconnect. It seems like I have to go through the whole Bluetooth connection process every time. But that can't be right, can it?

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

JaxonH

@Heavyarms55
Also, be sure to have Switch Pro support checked active in Steam.

Also, if you’re switching back and forth syncing with Switch, you’ll have to re-pair each time. If you only use it on PC it’s possible to get it to sync up with a button press.

You should also try installing this. First, uninstall the driver via device manager, then install this for the drivers.

https://github.com/Davidobot/BetterJoy

PLAYING
EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic