Forums

Topic: PC Gaming

Posts 1,201 to 1,220 of 2,134

6ch6ris6

@Xyphon22 i think creating a multiplayer world in minecraft is rather simple nowadays with the "realm"-feature, but i never tried that. as long as he doesnt give the addresse of his server to strangers or posts it openly online, it should be fine and only accessible to him and his friends.
i dont know if minecraft has parental controls. have you tried to google that?

he can also look for public servers in famous minecraft forums and such. overall the minecraft community shouldnt be an issue for a 9year old. millions of kids play that game every day and the adults who play it are you usually nice and calm persons, too. at least thats my impression from playing the game a few years ago.

tbh i think he is just super excited, but i doubt he will do all the things he is talking about; like making mods.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

BruceCM

Steam is having a HUGE sale ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

Built a modest new rig (sans the video card; I'll be upgrading that next year when the 3060 or 3050 Ti are in stock, probably) with a 1TB Sata SSD, 16 GB of RAM (up from 8 in my previous PC), and a Ryzen 5 3600 (up from an ancient i5-4460, lol). Hardly a supercomputer, but it's still extremely pleasant to use. I can play games AND keep Chrome tabs open at the same time!

Going back to older games, the SSD is nice. I'm playing DOOM 2016, and load times that took upwards of 30+ seconds are now 5 - 10 seconds. It takes 20 seconds or so to boot into the game versus over a minute.

Since my other components are upgraded, I've just got to hope my piddly GTX 970 can hold its own with Cyberpunk until the new gen cards can actually be purchased normally.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magonigal

Been upgrading my PC recently by selling old motherboard, CPU, cooler and memory so managed to get a Ryzen 7 3700X (should maybe have saved a little and got a 5 3600X instead but like to make sure everything lasts a long time) and 16gb memory. Now trying to get a graphics card with ray tracing and it's just ridiculous here in the UK. There's no stock of anything - I did order a 2060 Super but that might take up to 2 months to possibly be available. Nvidia and AMD are totally blowing the situation with their latest cards and can't handle demand

Magonigal

Zuljaras

Guys I would like to recommend to you an old game. It is called Rising Kingdoms. Think like Warcraft 3 but with 2D hand drawn style graphics.

It is made by Bulgarian studio and I am damn proud of that!

Also the same studio made Tzar The Burden of the Crown, Victor Vran and Tropico

Edited on by Zuljaras

BruceCM

Well, I've played Victor Vran ..... Heard about Tropico, so will have a look into the others

SW-4357-9287-0699

judaspete

Got an HP Envy with an i5 10400 and gtx1650 on Black Friday. Gonna party in 1080p like it's 2015

judaspete

My Nintendo: judaspete | Nintendo Network ID: judaspete

JaxonH

Horizon Zero Dawn gyro conflict is now resolved with the latest update. Works perfect using a Dualshock 4 controller mapping mouse to the gyroscope in Steam controller settings.

Also, this is the only Cyberpunk 2077 review you'll need to watch. SkillUp once again having the gall to call it how it really is in spite of hype and peer pressure. Not to say he rates it a bad game- far from it, but his review does serve to bring expectations down to reality a bit.

The Only Cyberpunk 2077 Review You Need

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH Only watched part of it, but it's an impressively detailed and well-articulated review. These youtubers are making traditional critics pointless.

The game was never going to bad, or even average. But the out-of-control hype was also blowing up expectations in a way that was always going to lead to disappointment.

I'm still excited for it, and I'll happily play it when I get a new GPU that won't choke on it.

Seems like the same youtuber was also pretty happy with Gods and Monsters.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

Eh, mine is almost ready to play, so .... I think I've kept my expectations in check, despite the hype! Most of us won't expect the patch to magically solve everything immediately, it's more the idea that they're clearly still working on it, so we do expect they'll sort things out eventually

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I have a fix for gyro if you’re interested. Turns out it’s a bug rather than an intentional attempt to block.

• Okay, assuming you have a hex editor (I downloaded the suggested HxD - https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/)
  • Right click on Cyberpunk 2077 in Steam, select properties, go to local files, then open up the folder CP2077 is in
  • Go to bin, then x64 - there is a Cyberpunk2077.exe in there
  • Open that up with HxD
  • Hit Ctrl+R - there are a few options for how to search through it - you want the hex one (second tab over from left), not the plaintext one
  • Find 8B 44 24 54 85 C0 75 26
  • Replace with 36 8B 07 90 85 C0 75 26
  • Save the file.
  • Exit HxD
  • Open Steam
  • Navigate to Cyberpunk 2077
  • Open Launch Options
  • Type in - - skip-launcher
  • Now launch the game and it should work

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

I expect they'll fix that, along with other issues people have reported with the kb/m controls .... It works fine with controller & since I can't shoot straight, anyway, I've gone for katanas as much as possible! They're pretty good, you just have to run up & hack enemies like a maniac before they shoot you too much but it works

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
I’m sure they’ll eventually fix it, but it’s a shame people have to wait for them to get around to it.

This fix works PERFECTLY. The downside is, because so few people will know about the fix or have the confidence to take the three minutes to actually do it, most people won’t have access to Gyro which means they won’t be making custom config’s to post in the community section of the steam controller configurator. Which means most controller config‘s are going to be mapping the joystick to Gyro. Which is going to make it a nightmare to find a good config.

So I just made my own for Steam controller, with haptics on right trackpad set to medium, low trackball friction, 75% vertical reduction to horizontal, few notches higher smoothing to reduce jitter when using the trackpad, gyro aiming, and then for PS4 controller also adjusted in game controller settings to reduce the turning multiplier that occurs after a time threshold (default 0.3 seconds), because it made it feel like you were turning very slowly and then suddenly turning super fast. I extended the delay until the multiplier kicks in, and lowered the multiplier, and it feels great now.

If anyone wants to use my Steam Controller config, let me know and I’ll post it in the Community Configs in Steam so you can apply it within game.

Edited on by JaxonH

BruceCM

Yeah, that's an unfortunate bug, @JaxonH .... Hopefully, you'll be able to enjoy the game, now, though?

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
Ya. I was this close to refunding it, but thankfully, once again the community came to the rescue.

It’s still buggy as heck and it still crushes my 2080 ti (I’m running at 1440p High Settings with Raytracing On, but at 30fps with DLSS set to Quality), but I can live with 1440p 30fps with Raytracing. Just expected more, since I can run virtually every other game at 4k 60fps using DLSS, aside from one or two exceptions like Assassins Creed Odyssey, which I have to lower to 1440p 60fps or 4k 30fps.

I like it so far though.

BruceCM

Yeah, I'm sure they'll optimize it better once they sort out the other issues, @JaxonH.... Where have you got to, anyway?

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

@BruceCM
Still dinking around early game. Maybe 2 hours in, give or take, tackling early side quests. Half my time spent was fixing the game, getting in game controls set up properly, perfecting my Steam Controller settings (which I update as I go... I’ll reach a point where I get tired of holding LB for scanner, so I change the mapping to the keyboard key for Toggle Scanner, but that meant not tabbing over in menus, so I use multi-button mapping to map to both CapsLock and Left Bumper simultaneously. Or, to give another example, I ran into reading text that you have to scroll through, and I couldn’t, so I map right joystick as a mode shift activator for clicking the right trackpad, since it’s only used for melee anyways and will not interfere for menu mapping purposes).

I think I’ve got a pretty solid config now, but it may require more fine tuning as I progress and run into situations where I realize I can’t do something, or can’t do it efficiently.

I’ll say this though. Night City is amazing with Raytracing. I’m running it at 1440p Ultra Settings with Psycho level Raytracing, but at 30fps with DLSS. Could perhaps hit 60 but, the PC is quiet as is, so I’ll leave it. Wish I could hit 4k 60, but that ain’t gonna happen lol, even with my 2080 ti. Not even 3080s are able to pull that off with Raytracing, even with DLSS.

BruceCM

Well, you basically only get the start credits at the end of Act 1, @JaxonH .... & there's already a fair amount to do in there but obviously a LOT more once you get into Act 2! Do keep us posted

SW-4357-9287-0699

JaxonH

Made some more progress today. Went through the BD investigation, and met with the client looking for her stolen chip.

Spent a lot of time perfecting the Steam controller config. Mapped a mode shift for left pad so that when I soft pull left trigger, it works as right joystick, so I can scroll through text (right pad acts as mouse camera control so that doesn’t work). I had mapped a mode shift to right pad click. But it turns out I need that to do right stick click for other things.

Already encountered several small bugs and glitches. Subtitles screwing up and glitching out, characters glitching out, etc. Nothing too bad... yet.

BruceCM

I've only noticed a few very minor things, like a girl who was sat at the bar, with her legs IN the bar ... From one angle, you could see them as the bar was transparent but it cut them off at another! Then, had some NPCs without lip-sync when I talked to them, which is quite common. Jackie walking through doors without opening them but that didn't cause me any problems
It's crashed to desktop 3/4 times in over 30 hours, which isn't as bad as AC Valhalla! Other than that, I haven't noticed anything serious, so I'm lucky

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic