Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 621 to 640 of 1,675

Dezzy

They should do FF1-6 as a single package. That'd be good!

Or FF13 trilogy. I might give Lightning Returns a second go if I had it on Switch.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Why do that when you could offer them individually for 10 dollars each though

Aw that reminded me that they absolutely made a 3D enhanced remake of the first game for the 3DS and never released it outside of Japan. I don’t think they even made it available for purchase there either, as far as I know it was a preorder bonus for a weird spinoff nobody played. Now I’m sad.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

BruceCM

How about Dimensions, @DarthNocturnal .... ? 1st is a good game that really should be on consoles It'd be awesome if they brought the Chaos Rings games to them, as well

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Xyphon22

Hooray! I finally beat FF VI. Thanks for all the help and advice that everyone gave. Now I wait for VII to go on a good sale, and then I think I'll be done with this series.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

Damn this is looking unbelievable. The production values are some of the best I've ever seen:

The ONLY thing that stood out for me as a bit of a problem is that all 3 of the female voices sound very very similar. I struggled to know which was speaking without seeing moving lips.

Edited on by Dezzy

Magician

FF VII Remake looks good. Although I'm not sure how I feel about turning the first third of the game into an alleged sixty-hour romp, but I can't deny that I'm interested. Chances are I'll just wait until the game is one complete package on PS5 in 2024, or whenever all these games are officially done.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Dezzy

@Magician

Lol it's a lot less than a third. It's about 1/5 of the game at most.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

The only thing that stood out for me is the lack of an XB1 logo at the end.

It looks awesome, but it's kinda hard to get hyped when a game you want is coming out on the one platform you don't have.

Hopefully the exclusivity period is brief.

They did explicitly confirm it was only PS4 at launch a while ago. I wouldn't expect Xbox any time soon.

Edited on by Dezzy

BruceCM

Magician wrote:

Chances are I'll just wait until the game is one complete package on PS10 in 2077

FTFY....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Bunkerneath

Holy Crap that video for FFVII remake is bloody amazing. Looks like they have played around with the storyline a little, but my god.

I might just have to buy a PS4 for that game (once all of them have been released as they said it would be a 3 part game right?)

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Nah FF VII Remake. 🙄
I will re-experience the Epicness of FF VIII PS1 on my PS2 USA next month according to my shopping list.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Bunkerneath

I think they had to play with the storyline in order to make the Midgar part 50 hours long. It's only like 5 or 6 hours in the original.

Daniel36

FF7 Remake looks great and all, but have you ever thought about an FF6 Remake?

Daniel36

Dezzy

I've thought about it a lot. They should remake 6 with the Octopath Traveller style.

Daniel36

@Dezzy I like the way you are thinking, yes!! Very much yes!

Daniel36

ryobi85

Ff7 is The top game for me

it's smash time people

Daniel36

@ryobi85 Haha, it will always be 6 versus 7. Though, I must say, lately I spotted a LOT of FF8 lovers on here and places. That one got a lot of hate way back when, but it seems is a favourite to many folks as well.

Daniel36

Dezzy

@Daniel36

Given that no social media existed when it came out, it was harder to find people who hated something back then.
I don't remember any negativity about FF8 when it came out. The reviews were extremely positive and everyone I knew who liked 7 also liked 8.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

@Dezzy

Yeah, they said “play it first“ on PS4. Not “only on PS4 for good“.

Yeah I do think it will come to Xbox, but it'll probably be at least a year later.

The inconvenient fact is that they don't sell that much on Xbox. Look at the sales for FFXV. It was massively skewed toward Playstation.

The data I saw suggested it was like 70% PS4, 15% Xbox, 15% PC
(PC obviously coming out a lot later so shouldn't be expected to be as high.)

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

I'm really in awe at how good this looks. My only issue is that everything looks so realistic now that it seems kinda weird that Tifa is just punching a kicking a giant monster and somehow damaging it. Lol that would do zero damage:

Edited on by Dezzy

Dezzy

@BruceCM

That's literally the same video I just posted dude!

BruceCM

Oh, sorry... @Dezzy; deleted my post now

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic