Forums

Topic: General Final Fantasy Thread

Posts 601 to 620 of 1,675

Eel

@Xyphon22 I can give you vague hints!

The soul of thamasa is kept by the leader of the Cult of Kefka, in a place where the spells Rasp and Osmose are your best friends. Depending on the version of the game you can also steal it from an enemy, although I'm not sure which.

The celestriad is a rare drop from a certain long-necked dinosaur.

Sabin's old house is a single lonesome house at the foot of a mountain.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Xyphon22

@StableInvadeel Cool, thanks. And I'm pretty sure I actually have that spell that is my best friend, although I've never used it. I almost never use magic except for healing. It sounds like I need to start, though.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

BruceCM

Shame about the 1 you lost, @Xyphon22 .... You definitely can complete the game with any people, though & at least you have enough for 3 full parties Cyan isn't that bad, IMO; I prefer him in one of the teams to Gau & Umaro
You'd be recommended to complete everything you can do before Kefka's tower, obviously For Ultima, you need Ragnarok esper from a guy in Marsh. Although you can manage without it if you got sword instead
Post if you want more

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

kkslider5552000

I need to get back to playing VII. I stopped playing nearly a year ago. Some random enemy insta-killed my party in that one ice cave mountain whatever place in disc 2, and it was way too long since the last save point and I just never went back to try again.

But seriously, that sort of scenario is way more dated than the graphics ever could be. Awful, never put into a game again.

After that it will probably be either XII or Tactics. Those are the other two I really want to play again. (...I mean I'd love to play Tactics Advance again too, but games I didn't beat take priority). But I'm expecting it will be quite a while until I get to both of those games.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

that one ice cave mountain whatever place in disc 2

Lol that's how I remember it too.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Xyphon22

Wow. So I went around and did a few things, then headed for the dinosaur forest like @StableInvadeel suggested, both to level up and to get that relic drop. I used my mostly most powerful team just because I heard how hard they are. It took me forever just to find a Brachiosaur instead of a Tyrannosaur, and as soon as the battle started it turned my entire team into dizzy imps with one move and then proceeded to destroy me. I eventually found a second one, finally defeated it (it was much harder than the Tyrannosaur), and I didn't even get the drop. This is going to take awhile, especially if I want to level up my lower characters, I'm not sure I can defeat these guys with them. At least one character has almost learned Ultima now.

Xyphon22

Eel

@Xyphon22 haha yeah they're fun times!

Just make three strong fighters babysit the one weaker character until it's useful, you don't need to train four weaklings at the same time. Eventually it will be babysitting someone else!

Just remember to go all out and kill it quick... You can also train on the other dinosaur if you want, it also gives lots of exp.

Also save after every battle you win.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Xyphon22

@StableInvadeel Yeah, that's basically what I've been doing. I could do better, but I've got Strago equipped with the Cursed Shield in order to try to break the curse, but he also has the Heal Rod so he basically just heals a random person every time it's his turn. But the T-Rex isn't too bad except when it does Meteor. I just wish I had a way for more than 1 person to learn Ultima at a time.

Xyphon22

Eel

while you level up, I'd recommend to focus on the stat bonuses, not so much on the spells themselves.

Each time you level up, your character gets the stat bonus specified in the esper, so put the correct ones. This way you can make sure your units are balanced (or highly specialized).

As far as I remember, Ragnarok does not have a stat bonus. So I'd recommend using it on characters that you feel are good as they are.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

BruceCM

FFVIII Remastered is up to Pre-Order on XBox One ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Anti-Matter

BruceCM wrote:

FFVIII Remastered is up to Pre-Order on XBox One ....

In physical ?

Anti-Matter

DenDen

We need physical!!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BruceCM

Well, it's currently up for pre-load digitally, @Anti-Matter .... I'll keep an eye out for any actual info on physical, though I'll probably get Switch version, to go with the others on there, myself, anyway

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

Offscreen footage of the FF7remake demo. I dunno why we still haven't seen this in proper recorded video yet. Or got the demo ourselves:

Dezzy

Lol.
My video seems to now lead nowhere too.

Bunkerneath

@BruceCM However much I love FF VII, from what I have seen of the remake, I dont like it at all. The battle system looks stupid.

Also I'm pretty sure they have not confirmed Switch release. But as FF XV was only a cut down pocket version. I doubt they will.

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

BruceCM

I didn't say anything about a Switch version, @Bunkerneath .... My main concern is how many more parts there'll be & how long they'll take

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@Bunkerneath

Switch version seems very unlikely. Although it is made in the Unreal engine, which is very Switch-compatible.

CurryPowderKeg79

i will be getting VIII when it releases but me personally i won't be buying it until it gets a discount. I do this for every game i'm forced to buy digitally.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic