Forums

Topic: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Match-ups

Posts 701 to 720 of 10,277

RDB

On now for a bit if anyone wants to join. Also got all the added names updated.

[RDB]
Console Code - 3252 3655 0847 4313
Goldeneye FC 2497 8891 1365
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/ryanbuckenmeyer
[Wii] Clan - http://gerwiiclan.webs.com/

intiruna

Going on now.
Just 4 a few.
I havent play in a week.
Might b a little rusty.

Conduit 2 FC 2880-9964-9326 + Headset
0052-7694-9168-4185 wii fc
Goldeneye fc 2387-1711-1063 Name same as my profile
3DS FC 0259-0292-3624 Linkco
Psn.Linkco

intiruna

I am lagging unbelievable.
Still did well though.

Conduit 2 FC 2880-9964-9326 + Headset
0052-7694-9168-4185 wii fc
Goldeneye fc 2387-1711-1063 Name same as my profile
3DS FC 0259-0292-3624 Linkco
Psn.Linkco

RDB

not on my game tonight... going off now. Sorry Nerrel, not much help from me, we did win though.

Edited on by RDB

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

grenworthshero

Alright peeps, I'm back on again. Hopefully some people will join me. I played a few hours ago and no one was online, so I got stuck with crap teams when I played Heroes, Goldeneye, and Black Box.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

romulux

it wasn't your fault, RDB, i was doing pretty poorly. i don't know if my playing was off or if it was a connection issue but my guns felt totally ineffective, it just seemed like i couldn't kill anyone fast enough no matter which one i switched to.

i had some better luck with the other nintendolifers, though. what a mess the four of us made. i noticed some hackers when playing with tech. one guy had the ivana spec, another the masterton, and both were using proximity mines... at level 20. yeah, that's not right, but at least they weren't invincible.

so far the only guns i've really bonded with are the hawksman and the terralite. everything else feels too unbalanced or has become obsolete, but those two are just perfect for what they do. maybe the strata and ivana spec will be better, but i won't know that for another eight years.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

grenworthshero

Man, there were some good and bad games in there, today. I'm still trying to get my groove back from not playing for almost a week, but after you guys left, me and romulux tore it up in the Jungle, until the host ragequit. I'm not used to sucking that bad at outpost, but it might be because the other Nintendo Lifers were taking my kills before I could get to them.

Chris720

Oh my god, this game lags like crazy, why can't it find a proper host that doesn't make the game lag like crap? Its almost a game breaker for me... but this is just insane, and what makes it worse is that it doesn't even search for a new host when the game is lagging so bad that your literally having spasms with the controls and walking into walls.

I personally think Eurocom did a really awful job with the online, its so laggy that it destroys the whole experience...

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Aviator

xDemon720x wrote:

Oh my god, this game lags like crazy, why can't it find a proper host that doesn't make the game lag like crap? Its almost a game breaker for me... but this is just insane, and what makes it worse is that it doesn't even search for a new host when the game is lagging so bad that your literally having spasms with the controls and walking into walls.

I personally think Eurocom did a really awful job with the online, its so laggy that it destroys the whole experience...

BTW Chris, I may be able to play about 10ish your time tomorrow, PM that is.
My online is really good, don't know whats wrong with yours. Try putting region lock on.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Spoony_Tech

Yeah nice matches everyone! We had a few close ones so I changed my strategy on a couple of those. Man sniping with you guys is so easy. No one even cared about me since you guys were tearing it up. Either that or didn't realize I was even sniping cus they were getting killed left and right anyways.

Yeah I noticed those goldeneye matches where they were using proximity mines but that's all I noticed. Didn't realize they were using better weapons also. With that soar we still did pretty good against them except the one time viper and I had to go against nerrel. We almost had a tie and I noticed time running out when I was protecting someone and said oh shoot we are about to loss we need another hub. Before I got to one we had already lost. Those goldeneye matches were brutal on our kill to death ratio but as long as we were winning I didn't care. All I want to do is steal away their hub or at least make it neutral. I like when we have 4 players. It will more then likely give us the host since its hard to find 4 open slots in some other game.

Sorry Gren on that one match we went up against Zane and nerrel. I tried sniping but though they were going to be to smart to fall for that and was right. I should have just switched weapons.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

romulux

Tech101 wrote:

Sorry Gren on that one match we went up against Zane and nerrel.

i remember that match. if i recall correctly, both of you guys scored better than we did but still lost because your other teammates sucked... always funny when that happens.

goldeneye- 5447 4748 5174

composerzane

great games last night/this morning for me - i realized that playing with 'lifers not only can drop your kill count (kinda makes me wish they tallied assists - that'd show how well your team worked together), but can dramatically increase your death count if you are used to playing with strangers - i noticed two things on that subject:
1) the routes i usually take are almost always clogged with nintendolifers, picking up kills i might normally have (and vice versa), which can leave you emptying bullets into dead bodies sometimes because you don't see the +5 on the screen, or what have you, and
2) more rapid killing = more rapid spawning, which can allow them to get behind/flank you in a hurry if they are familiar with the maps at all
of course, the counterargument is that when team-killing as an actual team, you are less likely to die, due to the increased firepower and the unlikelihood of most of the strangers working together effectively, so - heh

edit: one more thought is that usually when i play with strangers, i just run routes, see someone, kill, repeat - there is much more of a tendency to want to stay (relatively) stationary to protect spots (like the long hallway/stairway/turnaround combo in nightclub) when playing with a decent team that can actually sweep - but then of course the enemy has an idea of where you are.

Edited on by composerzane

GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Friend Code: 1903 1484 4201 - tag: [NL] Zane
check out my music @ www.myspace.com/meauxdal

Spoony_Tech

I'm on for some early fraging!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

OK we are really really good or the competition was really bad. Sorry Tomas and random for those first two matches.

MERG said:

ThomasBW84

Tech101 wrote:

OK we are really really good or the competition was really bad. Sorry Tomas and random for those first two matches.

Good games with you earlier tech. You and the other NL guy were doing really well. I'm currently using some of the crappier weapons to boost proficiencies and get some XP, because I haven't been online much in the last couple of weeks. Those goldeneye matches flew by, I'm not sure our opponents were fully sure of the best way to win the round, but it was nice to have a winning streak!

ThomasBW84

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3469-6599 | Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter:

ThomasBW84

grenworthshero wrote:

Here's the latest update to the list:

John Wahlgren --------5012 4106 5700
Tech101 -------------------0772 3740 5185
Gameday -----------------3353 9872 7228
ballkirby1 -----------------1498 3680 3433
irken004 -------------------4575 7799 5777
SilverBlacktail ----------1178 1770 7871
Oregano -----------------5150 0048 9425
nescro --------------------5265 9403 2591
grenworthshero --------4603 4818 2293
composerzane ---------1903 1484 4201
Aviator ---------------------4468 2220 2883
gaminguy -----------------5144 3943 2409
RantingThespian -------2314 6759 9160
Tasuki ---------------------4578 4912 4599
CoffeeWithGames ------2043 7355 3797
ThomasBW84 -----------3067 0736 4651
2D ---------------------------3933 1198 0911
Wesus ---------------------3659 1451 2434
TheLastBaron -----------0091 0717 1871
Super Peach -------------0143 6545 0982
SUPERZELDAMAN ----0199 2875 8086
Xkhaoz ---------------------4491 2764 5705
RetroRich ------------------2677 6094 0090
intirusu ----------------------2387 1711 1063
Tycoon ----------------------0084 2979 1576
romulux ---------------------5447 4748 5174
RDB -------------------------2497 8891 1365
Arigner ---------------------0079 8601 0876
OBI-001 --------------------1479 3524 9876
Rik ---------------------------1473 1684 4140
Jango Forest -------------4717 3622 7476
Quikman -------------------0457 2025 5629
briunj04 ---------------------0990 6659 3346
Crazygamerfreak ------1244 1039 8836
xDemon720x------------3120 8178 6412
Valle -----------------------5188 0651 7736

Don't forget, @everyone, add "[NL]" before your name, so that our name will become synonymous with death on the battlefield.

I've added everyone up to intirusu so far. Will add the rest next time I go online. Of those I've added so far about 10 haven't added my code, so please do if you get the chance (see FC in signature).

Edited on by ThomasBW84

ThomasBW84

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3469-6599 | Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter:

composerzane

grenworthshero wrote:

xDemon720x wrote:

And I have to say this... Memorial is by far the most crapiest map on GE... its dark, its small, and its usually always a camp fest...

Really? I like Memorial, because everyone tries to snipe and I just run around and try not to let them do that. It kind of sucks when everyone's sniping, though, and you're the only one on the ground.

ha, memorial is my favorite map - i love the interaction between the snipers and the run-and-gunners. not to mention that there are plenty of viable counter-strategies in that particular map to combat snipers (use the bunkers to get around, stay out of the open and off the hills). i actually think it's one of the larger (maybe the largest?) maps, which can be a detriment to the snipers because you can't let your guard down when zoomed in - too many avenues of attack to defend.

edit: you know what? i actually am starting to really believe the level design might be better in this game than the N64 GoldenEye... they really did their homework, there are so many well-thought out options. one exception: what's with that dead end back alleyway in Docks... that could have been awesome if there was a back window in the sniper loft you could jump out of and get to that back alleyway, because as it is, i see no point for it to even be there. even in the madness of conflict i don't ever see it get used.

Edited on by composerzane

GoldenEye 007 (Wii) Friend Code: 1903 1484 4201 - tag: [NL] Zane
check out my music @ www.myspace.com/meauxdal

Chris720

Well, I'm nearly Lvl 21, just 3880 exp to go.

And the silencer on sniper rifles REALLY helps, they all run around like headless chickens when I kill all four of them.

And I do agree with peoples points on Memorial, I was using a silenced Sigmus and an unsilenced Pavlov (pick-up) running around the map running and gunning and then snipe when alls clear. When I get a kill or two with the sniper I move on... I went flawless with 23 kills.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

grenworthshero

composerzane wrote:

one exception: what's with that dead end back alleyway in Docks... that could have been awesome if there was a back window in the sniper loft you could jump out of and get to that back alleyway, because as it is, i see no point for it to even be there. even in the madness of conflict i don't ever see it get used.

I wondered that, too. No one ever goes back there, unless they're spawned there, first. It's the only place like that I've noticed in the whole game. Maybe there was another use for it at an earlier point in development, or maybe they had to cut back the size of the map to make the game run more smoothly.

RDB

I'll be on in a few hours, for a few hours. Grenworthshero, I don't see you (viper 04) in my list. I'll get the other one or two new ones updated also.
Hopefully some others are on this evening. I really like Heroes and Goldeneye, but it's so hard with strangers after playing with lifers. Most people just stand around and wait to kill in GE, instead of capturing and moving, capturing, moving, etc... It drives me crazy. I see them standing around waiting to kill someone. I've been really close to shooting them just to get them to move, but lifers know the game and play to win. In Heroes, we play as a team and try to stick together where many others will just run around and try for kills. I haven't seen that process work yet, unless it was like a lvl 40 or higher, which I'm sure the nicer weapons help. Can't wait for lvl25 and the Terralite. I've picked it up a few times and I do like it, just waiting till it's in my loadout.
Romulux, agreed on the Hawksman, the other pistols are garbage.
What's the trick to destroying the black box? I played with a high lvl once (38) and he could destroy it in less than 30 seconds, same thing for download... way too fast compared to anything else I've seen. Hacker?

[RDB]
skype - ryan.buckenmeyer

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.