Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 4,041 to 4,060 of 4,673

NintendoByNature

@Tasuki never played a diablo game. Want to see what all the fuss is about after hearing the hype surrounding IV. If I like it, maybe ill try IV.

NintendoByNature

Zuljaras

@Tasuki With Blizzards decisions on Diablo IV I just can't get excited for the game. It is just a darker Diablo 3 with 2-3 different features, but you are forced to be on a server playing with other players.

Only the main "story" quests will be "single" player according to Blizzard.

I am sad that one of my favorite franchises is going that "modern" Path of Exile path.

At least StarCraft is forgotten, and they can't ruin it. They tried with WC3 Reforged but the old game is still available

Magician

@NintendoByNature

Diablo IV, other than being tonally darker, isn't much different from III. III is easier because you get to a point where you don't have to pay attention in combat, almost like a cookie-clicker. In IV you actually have to mind your health bar because potion pickups don't auto-heal you as they did in III.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Tasuki

@Zuljaras I am a bit excited for it and looking forward to playing it with a few buddies. I can see where some people would have a gripe about it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@Magician That was one of my problems with Diablo III is it just felt too easy with the automatic health pickups and after awhile combat just got so monotonous, especially in the end game. It was just a matter of hitting your skills in the right order and really didn't require that much strategy. The most mind numbing build was the Whirlwind Barbarian. My friend and I use to joke that with that build and the right gear you can just literally use one button to move around killing everything and could be doing something else at the time like watch TV or something lol.

My Backlog

Zuljaras

@Tasuki Most people have gripe with the gameplay, on the other hand I loved 3 as well as 1 and 2. My only disappointment is the damn online world I will be "playing" it on YouTube for the story

NintendoByNature

@Magician thats good to know. I'll need a guy that sticks with me for a while after finishing totk. I've heard the gameplay loop of diablo isn't pretty addictive, so we'll see if it holds my attention once I dive in.

NintendoByNature

Tasuki

@Zuljaras Oh don't get me wrong I love 3 too in fact it's the Switch game I have the most playtime in not to mention the countless hours I put in the PS4 version as well. Online world doesn't bother me, I am use to it after playing WoW for many years and other MMOs. I am looking forward to having a whole world to explore, rather then an area.

My Backlog

ZeldaFan83

Borderlands collection. I have all the games in this collection on Steam. But wanted to try out a FPS on the switch. Other than how bad the joycons are, it’s a joy to play on the switch.

ZeldaFan83

HammerGalladeBro

From the current "Big Sale" by Hamster, which has a few Namco Arcade Archives and ACA NEOGEO on sale, I decided to get ACA NEOGEO: The King of Fighters '97.

Before the sale ends I also want to get Real Bout Fatal Fury, Art of Fighting 2, Super Pac-Man and Mappy.

EDIT: One day later and I also got one of the two most recent Arcade Archives releases in Arcade Archives: Tetris: The Absolute - The Grand Master 2 Plus

Edited on by HammerGalladeBro

Rusty's Real Deal Baseball is now a hidden gem of the Nintendo 3DS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0197-9566-9983 | 3DS Friend Code: 2251-9732-5870 | My Nintendo: AlexHGB | Nintendo Network ID: AHammerGalladeB

RubyCarbuncle

Apart from Zelda I bought a copy of Puzzle Bobble Everybubble.

RubyCarbuncle

Switch Friend Code: SW-4433-3410-1346 | 3DS Friend Code: 4270-7103-3376 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkNebula | Twitter:

AnVold

I ordered a copy of Fatal Frame: Mask of the Lunar Eclipse for SWITCH from Aliexpress in May 28. Basically I wanted to get a PS4 version, but it's more pricey.
Untitled

Edited on by AnVold

GOIDA!
I hear ZOV.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1060-2447-4147 | 3DS Friend Code: 1092-0244-9690 | My Nintendo: Sunstrider

Magician

The Pathless
We Love Katamai Reroll + Royal Reverie
What Remains of Edith Finch (70% off Japan eShop)

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

FishyS

On the Switch eshop,I just bought:

Them's Fightin' Herds on sale for $9.99 and 7 horizons for $1.99.

Both are fun so far.

Edited on by FishyS

FishyS

Switch Friend Code: SW-2425-4361-0241

Jhena

Nintendo Switch Sports. Now I should take a break from buying games and concentrate on beating the ones I have. This game should not take too long.

Jhena

Switch Friend Code: SW-2361-9475-8611 | Nintendo Network ID: Traumwanderer

Allspice

Steamworld Dig (Digital)

It's only $1.99 right now. I really like Heist and Hand of Gilgamech and reviews are very good so even though I'm not the best at platformers, I decided to go for it anyway.

Allspice

jdrocks89

Capcom Arcade 2nd Stadium (Digital)

jdrocks89

AndrasLOHF

Double dipped on TOTK. Been playing it digitally since launch weekend but scored a special edition this week for the shelf.

AndrasLOHF

Magician

Hell Pie
Islets
Atomik: RunGunJumpGun
Raiden III x Mikado Maniax
Super Mega Baseball 4 (trade)

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic