Forums

Topic: Your Latest Switch Purchase

Posts 3,761 to 3,780 of 3,797

CFarris419

My answer, as I'm sure is the same for most of you, is Pokémon Scarlet. I know it's buggy and they made some lazy choices to push it out such as not having building to go into in towns, the eating animations, etc., but I'm having an absolute blast with it. I'm well aware of my bias as I'm a huge Pokémon fan and have been since childhood. The open world and having the freedom to go wherever you want and the absolutely massive map really add to the experience. I really like the designs of the new monsters as well, with the exception of the starter lines.

Other than that, I've picked up Persona 5 Royal to play again because it's just that good and now I can play it portably. I used to use remote play with my PS Vita, but this just feels better. I always love having massive RPGs and open-world games on the go.

CFarris419

ophone

Picked up the following games recently at the eShop while they were on a discount:

• Golf Story
  • Disco Elysium: The Final Cut (currently playing it and adoring its fishy story and its peculiar way to present an RPG)
  • Contra Anniversary Collection
  • F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

waddle_dee

oneshot world machine edition was the last game that I bought

waddle_dee

TioRogerio

Recently, I´ve got

*The Great Ace Attorney - I only played the very first case so far

• Moving Out! - I am surprised with this multiplayer game. I was looking for something similar to Overcooked to play with family/friends and Moving Out is really, really enjoyable
  • Bayonetta 3 - actually ... I got this for my niece as a birthday gift, but she promised that she will lend it to me when she finishes the story.

TioRogerio

themaskedjackal

Just picked up Dark Souls and TMNT The Cowabunga collection for 40 euros. Looking forward to checking these out.

themaskedjackal

Kermit1Pineapple

Layton's Mystery Journey: Katrielle and the Millionaires' Conspiracy - Deluxe Edition

Hypnospace Outlaw

Disney Magical World 2: Enchanted Edition

Edited on by Kermit1Pineapple

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

My current profile banner is the pizza I will order on News Year's Eve.

JokerCK

The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword HD
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

JokerCK

ophone

Bought the digital versions of #Drive and the Castlevania Anniversary Collection.
I'm in the process to sell the physical copies I've got of those games.

Since January 2021 owner of my first real Nintendo "home" console.

jdrocks89

Arcade Archives Donkey Kong (Digital)
Balan Wonderworld (Physical)

jdrocks89

Magician

Sifu
Atari 50
Foretales

Switch Physical Collection - 1,050 games (as of December 3rd, 2022)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Hayter

Way. Too. Much.
But I couldnt resist because of my impulses that I need to own a complete collection before I can enjoy any of it... yeah I know its a terrible habit.

Bayonetta 3
Ultra Street Fighter 2
Shin Megami Tensei V
Luigis Mansion 3
Repurchased Mario Odyssey because I sold my physical version about 5 years ago
Star Wars Pinball
Dragon Quest XI

And I didnt play any of them yet, because I rather enjoy wasting my time with the terrible Pokemon Scarlet.

Hayter

Ralizah

Metroid Dread. It was on sale again, I needed another item on Amazon to qualify for free shipping, and I don't forsee it going much lower in sales down the line, so I went ahead and picked it up. Will hopefully be getting to it at some point in 2023. Probably entirely undocked on my Switch OLED.

Hayter wrote:

Shin Megami Tensei V
Dragon Quest XI

There goes the next year of your life! Two of the best JRPGs on the Switch. Enjoy!

Edited on by Ralizah

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794

KAIRU

Picked up Super Mario Odyssey on sale for £25. Figured why not go for it considering I’ve not played it and it has a very good reputation of being one of the Switch’s best games.

Edited on by KAIRU

Can usually be found doing something. Often seen wearing clothes. Blocking is for the weak.

Always wondered why a frisbee kept getting bigger the closer it gets. Then it hit me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5654-2661-1612 | Twitter:

StarPoint

@KAIRU ooh, you are in for a treat my friend!

"Science compels us to explode the sun!"

Currently playing:

Splatoon 3
Crosscode (PC)
Monster Hunter: Rise (PC)

KAIRU

@StarPoint Thank you! I’m looking forward to it! I don’t think I’ve played a 3D Mario game since Galaxy! (Not counting earlier this year when I played Super Mario Sunshine.😅)

Can usually be found doing something. Often seen wearing clothes. Blocking is for the weak.

Always wondered why a frisbee kept getting bigger the closer it gets. Then it hit me.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5654-2661-1612 | Twitter:

Barbiegurl777

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze nintendo switch. The lady at Walmart thought I was asking for the DBZ game next to it in the glass case even I said Donkey Kong. I told her: no the game that has the Apes on the game cover... 🤦‍♀️ Not sure how they can mix up Donkey Kong & dragon ball z / super but go figure... 🤦‍♀️ Got the game for my dad as his Christmas present since he's a big DK fan~ 🤣✌️

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

The Beatitudes: Matthew 5:1-12

Switch Friend Code: SW-4995-4179-4294 | Nintendo Network ID: Barbiegurl777

Kermit1Pineapple

@Barbiegurl777

D onkey Kong Tropical Free z e

D ragon Ball Z

Currently playing:

#TeamSlime

Known to be quirky on occasion

My current profile banner is the pizza I will order on News Year's Eve.

NeonPizza

Splurged. Sales up the ying yang.

Mortal Kombat 11 - (Solely for handheld play on Switch OLED)
Sonic Origins
Art of Fighting 3 - Neogeo Arcade Archives
Mutation Nation - Neogeo Arcade Archives
Ubran Champion - Arcade Archives
Ice Climber - Arcade Archives
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - (SEGA AGES)
Fantasy Zone - (SEGA AGES)
G-LOC Air Battle - (SEGA AGES)
Sly Spy - Johnny Turbo's Arcade
Nitro Ball - Johnny Turbo's Arcade
Shoot Out - Johnny Turbo's Arcade
Two Crude Dudes - Johnny Turbo's Arcade
Joe & Mac Returns - 'Johnny Turbo's Arcade
Fight'N Rage
Nickelodeon All-Star Brawl
Wheel of Fortune - (A South Park Wheel of Fortune would of been of amazeballs)
South Park: The Stick of Truth
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition - (Blame it on Sega Saturn Nostalgia!)

Untitled

That puts me at 243 Games, with around 76 more on the Wish List, plus a ton of soon to be released titles and a landslide of unknowners’ slated for 2023 like LOZ: Tears of the Kingdom, Pikmin 4, Bubble Bobble Everybubblel Super Bomber Man R 2 etc

Yeah, I'd say the Switch has surpassed the Gamecube, N64 & Wii U for me personally. Nothing will ever top my NES & SNES memories and the pop culture that engulfed the toobular two that’s a given. It’s impossible. Wii gets smacked in 3rd for being an innovative/industry shaking whimsical little Virtual Console box of white wonders, and Switch takes 4th place…

because it allows me to watch Saved by the Bell reruns and play Metal slug 3 in tandom

Other than that, I'm happy with everything on that list with the exception of Nick' All stars Brawl. It lacks polish, feels a little lifeless, Environments are barren, and i hate that you can't dash/roll when on the ground like you can in Smash Bros. I don't know, it just feels too frantic and incredibly easy to get hit. Maybe it's the lack of animation frames or over sized character hit boxes. It's just frustrating. Why settle for so much less when Smash Bros. Ultimate exists?

Edited on by NeonPizza

NeonPizza

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic