Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 841 to 860 of 3,602

Hughesy

@YummyHappyPills It’s a joke if even the official Nintendo store doesn’t deliver it on time. I’ve had dispatch emails really late in the evening before, so there’s still hope for you.

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Grumblevolcano

@Hughesy It has happened plenty of times before, the first game that was common to be delayed by them was Color Splash last year. It's all gone downhill from then, there was even a giant thread on these forums regarding Switch delays.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Tsurii I get it too, I mean the leaks p*** me off too, and it makes sense to, but this is...this is insane.

They did this with Pokemon, well the Pokemon Company did. XY had a worldwide release date. Got broken in the EU. Guess who got ORAS and SM a week later than the rest of the world?

Honestly I wouldn't be shocked if the EU starts getting games late again.

@Grumblevolcano Don't remind me about that Switch launch mess. That was most online retailers ballsing it up.

@Hughesy Nintendo doesn't run it themselves, just licenses it. Honestly in the past 13 months I've had more games be late from ANYWHERE I ordered, be it GAME, Nintendo UK Store, Amazon, whatever, than on time.

I got Pokemon Moon a day early, but it was about 5 days after the US anyway...

I got Colour Splash late.

I got my Switch and BOTW late.

I got Samus Returns late

I got Crash Bandicoot late

I got Sonic Forces late

I got Ultra Moon VERY late

Xenoblade is most likely late.

See a trend with physical games in the UK?

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Hughesy

I’d hate to be you, I haven’t had a late delivery since Mario 3D world on Wii U, which came a day late.

GoldenGamer88

I‘ve long stopped preordering games over sites like Amazon. Years back, the mailman just didn‘t do his rounds when not enough packages or mail was in, forcing me to wait until Monday to get games. Luckily, that guy was fired and our new mailman shows up every day in the exact same hour. But ever since, Amazon would sent EVERY package through Hermes, who always bring the packages late evening at 8 PM, have the stench of cigar smoke and are rather hot in the summers, still on time and I know this is nothing compared to before, but still.

I‘d much rather take the trip into town and buy games from the local GameStop, which I’ve done for years now. These guys at least know what they‘re selling and have a general knowledge of games. I just have to step in and they already know exactly why I‘m here. And they‘ve always been reliable with preorder and reservations alike. Honestly, all these comments make me a tad worry they won‘t have it tomorrow but I‘m known to always be the pessimistic and paranoid one - to save me from disappointment and make success oh so sweeter.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

8Darky

amazon NA has been late on shipments w 4 of the last 5 games ive ordered,
when i complained i was offered no compensation whatsoever, not even a shipping charge reduction
will never order from them again

follow your heart <3

JaxonH

I challenge anyone to watch this Xenoblade Chronicles 2 GameXplain review and not rush out to preorder when it's done.

Game looks really impressive in handheld mode too.

@Ralizah
See, I knew it was gonna look fine. I know you posted the video already but I think it deserves to be posted again for anyone who missed it. There were too many people spreading word that it looked horrible in handheld mode and even "unplayable" to the point people were literally going to not buy the game. It's crazy how irresponsible opinions of reviewers can sway the minds of hundreds of thousands of people. You (not you you, I mean the general you) should never use words like "smear" and "blur" describing a video game unless it is exactly matter of fact. Not only does the game not look like a blur (and definitely doesn't look like a smear), it looks stunning! It just boggles my mind how even sites like Nintendolife hopped on the bandwagon to include such language describing the game, a game which looks dang near as good as Zelda on the portable screen imo.

This is why I don't listen to reviewers and I only listen to my gut instinct. I know Xenoblade games are some of the absolute best RPG's ever made, and I knew they were not going to put out a game that looked unplayable. And even if they did, I still would've bought it just to play on the TV, which is no less than we got with XCX on Wii U (awesome TV experience, 480p handheld experience that couldn't extend beyond 20 feet).

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@JaxonH The image quality is softer than it was in Zelda, but if Xenoblade 2 is consistently turning out visuals like this in handheld mode and still managing to last five or so hours on the battery, then I can only say that I'm pretty impressed. "Blurgate" turned out to be fake news, thankfully.

This is a great illustration of how easily people can fall victim to groupthink. Same as the way everyone turned on Yooka Laylee at once (speaking of which, I hope people give that one another chance when it comes to the Switch) after the negative vibes from the JonTron thing poisoned the well, so to speak.

BTW, I have to thank you for helping to ease my concerns on this front! I know my fixation on handheld performance might seem neurotic, but it's an important aspect of the system to me. I appreciate you and everyone else who helped keep me up to date with information on this aspect of the game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah

Well, I hate to see someone who genuinely loves video games miss out on an incredible experience (what's more, one of the most incredible experiences ever!) over something that is overblown, exaggerated, or in some cases not even true at all.

And ya, I'll be grabbing Yooka Laylee myself. I'm very cautious about the whole... well as you put it, "groupthink" thing. I come to my own conclusions based on evidence and never let the hive mindset affect my judgement. At least, I try my best anyways.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

My copy has been dispatched. At near midnight via Yodel.

Here within 3 days. Oh boy.

JasmineDragon

@YummyHappyPills My bad, I thought you had mentioned Amazon. Looks like it's a systemic problem this time. I guess it's a good thing I hadn't planned to play this at launch!

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Haruki_NLI

@JasmineDragon Yeah its a UK issue for nearly every game ive ordered in the past....5 months consistently now.

I get it. Nintebdo wants to stop leaks.

Inertiacreep

For anyone who preloaded, how long did the download take?

I just found out the game is already live in Aus so even though I really wanted physical and was going to head to walmart at midnight... If i can download this right now im seriously about to.

Edit... Ok, well after reading it will only accept credit cards from their country of origin I thought I could just use Paypal, but that seems region locked too as well as the eshop cards... After all the talking everybodys done about this thing being region free, I thought you could buy games from different regions, but apparently not... only download demos.

Guess I am sticking to the original plan of getting a physical copy at Walmart at midnight.. 5 hours to kill before I leave the house............................................................................insanity.

Edited on by Inertiacreep

Inertiacreep

Hughesy

@YummyHappyPills Yodel, 3 days? Are you sure it didn’t say 3 weeks, as you know, Yodel. Funny story with them, I used to work for them in customer service. I got let go by them because I spent too long with customers trying to get them their packages, that tells you all you need to know about them. They’d rather me get through as many calls as possible, rather than actually help customers.

@Ralizah

I said it looked good in handheld, but as always a few overreacted.

Haruki_NLI

@Snaplocket I have no idea...all I know is some cosmic force enjoys my frustration.

@Hughesy it said 3 days. We will see though.

Hughesy

Well Goodluck, I can’t believe they sent it out so late and then used the worst or one of the worst couriers. The only people Nintendo are affecting is fans, when people preorder online they expect to get it on release day. It’s not our fault some rouge shops ignore street dates.

JaxonH

Idk why, but Amazon has done a complete 180 lately when it comes to stock and delivery.

They used to be so good but now they are the absolute worst place to order from. 4 of the last 5 items I ordered from Amazon I had placed a preorder 2-6 months in advance. Then, come day of release... it says it's temporarily out of stock and my item is nowhere to be seen. Sine More EX? I waited a month then finally cancelled and ordered elsewhere. LUMO? 2 weeks late. Nyko kickstand? A month late after release and I finally cancelled and ordered elsewhere. It's ridiculous.

I know BestBuy isn't perfect- but gosh dang it all my Xenoblade stuff is arriving tomorrow- 2 special editions, 2 Xenoblade Pro controllers and a normal copy of the game. Screw Amazon. BestBuy is where it's at nowadays.

SKTTR

The wind blows hard in December
Our last fight, do you remember?
Counting the days since we left
You and I slipping away

I don't watch that review. Don't need it.
Probably spoils too much anyway.
I will get it today and play it the rest of the month.
Don't need convincing. It's on its way.
I know it will be awesome.

Who's traveling to Elysia with me today?

Happy Christmas!

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

JaxonH

Edited on by JaxonH

Haruki_NLI

So let the saga begin.

As of midnight on December 1st (Launch day): according to tracking my parcel is "With Sender" and estimated 3 days.

@Snaplocket I feel part of it is Nintendo cracking down on broken street dates in the UK. We already know retailers get stock later here now, no reason they cant be shipping late too.

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic