Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 541 to 560 of 3,602

Late

@Inertiacreep Luckily, you can just ignore the season pass until the DLC you want comes out. I still haven't bought Zelda DLC since the thing I'm most interested in is not yet available and when all the DLC is out, people can say if it was worth spending money on or not. I get to keep my money until the story DLC arrives and everything's fine.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

TuVictus

@Zyph Well put, that pretty much sums up my feelings on it. Nintendo hasn't really given me pause with their DLC practices (save for Smash's), but it's still icky to find out before the game launches. But since this is story driven single player content, there's no penalty for waiting to see if it's worth it, where a multiplayer gamer that decides to skip the DLC can't play with anyone that has, and buying it later might mean there's no one even left to play with.

So in this instance, I'm sure it'll be relatively harmless, since there's really no penalty for those who wait.

TuVictus

JaxonH

@MegaTen
Woah for real?

@Tsurii
Ya they said new story content will be coming later in 2018 (like autumn)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Joeynator3000

So what did they censor?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

SLIGEACH_EIRE

I've read that the file size for XC2 is 13GB's. That sounded very impressive until I heard about the Expansion Pack. I'd be curious to see how big the game is in comparison to XCX. It's half the file size. I hope it's not sacrificing textures, sound quality, etc.

I have a fierce aversion to DLC or an "Expansion Pass" as they call this. And I'm also skeptical. This game seems to have been developed far quicker than XCX. Game companies just can't be satisfied with €60, they have to milk customers. I think they may have developed so much for €60 and now want another €30 for the last year of development. I also think it's a way for companies to offset to a certain degree the loss of secondhand game sales.

Like imagine XCX had released a year earlier, stripped down and released the last year's developed content as DLC for €30. Why is it that these companies always find a way to put a dampener on things? I thought the game looked fantastic, I switched off during the Direct as I didn't want it spoiled. And then I hear this crap. They're already charging 50% more for the Collector's Edition of this compared to XCX.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Haruki_NLI

@SLIGEACH_EIRE Xenoblade Chronicles 2 began development as early as 2014 according to the developers themselves.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Dezzy

I like how she says "Somehow you can change the time of day when out in the world"

Lol, couldn't think of a good lore-consistent explanation for that obviously.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

Thoughts:

• 13 GB for an entire game of this scope is INSANE.
  • The existence of an expansion pass is incredibly disappointing, and I'll probably just skip it. $30 is a big chunk of change for DLC.
  • The protagonist's outfit looks even worse on Link.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

Ralizah wrote:

Thoughts:

• 13 GB for an entire game of this scope is INSANE.

Yeah I thought that.

Unlike Zelda which is 90% wilderness, this game has several cities, hundreds of characters, and a lot more voice acting (I imagine).

Wonder how they've fit that all in. I'm guessing voice acting is only for the main cutscenes and a lot of the less important characters all wear the same clothes.

JaxonH

Not getting the whole "more great, completely optional content is disappointing" shtick.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone where gamers suddenly start hating having more great content to choose from to buy and play.

Perhaps we need Nintendo to finally make a game where they just drown us with pay to win microtransactions, loot boxes, half games sold off piecemeal via quadruple $40 expansions, etc

At least then people would just justified in disappointment. And perhaps that's what it would take for people to distinguish the difference between good DLC (what we have here) and bad DLC.

And not to say everyone should automatically be excited, but at worst people should feel indifferent. There's simply no logic in disappointment from something that in no way hinders your enjoyment by existing, and only offers more potential fun for those who so desire.

Edited on by Eel

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Dezzy

It only bothers me when it seems like it's something that should've been in the main game or something they made separately to release on day 1.

I don't see any problem with them just making more stuff after release date and then selling it later on.

All that really means is you're gonna get more stuff for the game you like rather than them going onto work on another project instead. It's especially good if it's a replayable or open-world type game. Stuff like the Dark Souls DLC was brilliant. Whereas The Last of Us DLC I never got round to playing because it's not a game I'd replay.

Edited on by Dezzy

GrailUK

I need this game

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Snaplocket wrote:

Anyway I didn't much of the direct but did they keep the ability to change armors? As in appearance?

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

MarcelRguez

QwertyQwerty wrote:

I would much rather Monolith Soft, a studio who have yet to make a poor JRPG (Xenosaga 2 was mediocre more than anything) start working on a new game and put all their devs, writers, designers, etc, on to THAT project

This is why I'm opposed to stuff like seasons passes in general. I'd rather see those resources invested in something else. If, collectively, all those resources can't bring another game into existence, I'd still rather see them used to either improve an upcoming game even further or to finish another project faster. This is especially true in Monolith's case, since I'm sure this extra content will be delegated onto the team that traditionally helps with other titles like Mario Kart or Zelda.

Then again, I'm sure the revenue brought by stuff like Zelda's season pass is then re-invested in making smaller projects happen in the first place, so I don't know. Guess it's a case-by-case thing, and we don't really know the logistics behind it.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

America is getting the slightly better Collector's Edition. Their artbook is hardback while it's paperback in Europe.

America

Untitled

Europe

Untitled

There's a lot more happening on the American external boxart too.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Namco

That american collector's edition looks much better if you ask me, the box and the cd look very nice compared to europe's

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

MarcelRguez

Europe's steelbox, artbook and sountrack cover are worse, box is miles better.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

America also got the better XCX special edition.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

TuVictus

Luckily I pre ordered mine back when they first announced the release date. It looks so beautiful

TuVictus

Ralizah

I preordered the XCX special edition and, as I've discovered, the extra stuff was a waste of money. The steelbook is nice, though. I'll look into nabbing the case on ebay if it's not too expensive.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic