Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 3,602

CroRock

Just wanted to share some advices from ign guide regarding getting new Blades..

“Luck is one of the most important stats in the entire game. As you progress through the game, you’ll unlock the ability to use core crystals in order to bond with new blades. The quality of that blade is determined by your lack stat, meaning you’ll want to boost it as much as possible before you use a rare core crystal. Each character has a skill on their affinity tree that can grant them a boost to luck. Unlock these as early as possible to get the best blades you can. Before bonding with a blade, equip any of your existing blades with aux cores that add luck for the best chance.”

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

jtmnm

@Knighty_IX Ah, so you're saying the quest doesn't even appear until Chapter 8? It won't show for me.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

CroRock

@RR529
Let me tell you I never take Switch outside my house. Playing 90% docked and 10% handheld on couch or in my bed or when kids want to watch Nickelodeon. And that was before XC2 came out. Now I play 60/40 in favor of TV which can tell how much handheld resolution DOESN’T bother me. Just can’t get enough of this game.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

I'm in chapter 3, inside the cave like area (don't go into detail beyond that for fear of spoilers, But people should know what I'm talking about).

I'm level 21, and there's this green acid lake with a Level 23/24 boss down there. I can almost beat him if I use my HLR blade instead of Pyra, but the fight always ends up moving over to the acid and my crew lose their health. I lure him out but 3 times now that's happened.

Am I under leveled for this part of the game? After getting wrecked up by Dawnview Grotto, I'm beginning to think I should be gaining 10 levels per chapter.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TuVictus

Man, that guy seems so open and honest. It's refreshing to see him speak matter-of-factly about his game, even acknowledging his own limits. Gotta say, whether I end up enjoying the game or not, I respect the developers immensely for being so honest with us.

TuVictus

Anti-Matter

Btw, how many Male characters can i use in the game, both Main Roles and Blades ?
Because i'm Not Fan of Lolita or Moe girls,
Especially Pyra, Tsuki (Ew... her big boobs, tho...)
Except KOSMOS.She's look Cool.

Anti-Matter

buddakeks

Having a great time with the successor of an already great game.

One question regarding the blades affinity chart though:
You can level up your special abilitys (I,II and III) in the affinity chart (the red dots with the sword). My question ist: When do these upgrades apply? Always when your character attacks? Only when your blade attacks with exactly this special? Some Upgrades say something like "critical attacks do 20% more damage". Does this in this case mean, the upgrade only works, when this specific special attack is critical?

Some of the mechanisms of the game are not explained very well I think.

3DS-FC: 4511-0483-5718
Wii-FC: 5710-9774-9328-9640

Starburst

@Anti-Matter 3 males including Tora. @JaxonH Provided a pretty nifty chart with all the blades a few pages back. Beware though one of the blades on that page is a pretty big spoiler.

Side note: We get you it, you don't like boobs. its in pretty much every post you've put in here.

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

kyleforrester87

@buddakeks err so I think that when you use the ability the buff is tied to, it comes into effect. I.e, use Flame nova and the damage dealt to beasts for the duration of the battle will be increased by 60% (or more, if you have upgraded it further).

I don't think it's enabled by default at the start of each battle.

Anyone know why there are random drivers around that show up as enemies? There is one by the notice board in Torigoth. And I've just run into a group in the middle of the field. Just wondering plot wise why it would want me to pick a fight with these guys.

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Late

@JaxonH I entered that area yesterday and died to the flying enemies who were level 17-20. I was 14... I battled one monster in the lower part with the acid and decided to skip it for now. I'm currently level 17 and just left the town which you'll be entering very soon. I can still hold my own against monsters but I hope I don't have to stop to grind later. Of course there's always the inn too, I haven't used it to raise my level yet and I'm avoiding it as long as I can.

@kyleforrester87 The notice board had wanted posters on it so the driver in front of it is most likely interested in catching criminals for money. Nia's face was on one of the posters and people are also trying to get their hands on the Aegis.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

kyleforrester87

Errr another question.. what do the "idea +" signs on some of the abilities on the affinity chart mean..?

kyleforrester87

JaxonH

@Late
Alright cool. Maybe I'll leave it for now. Finally unlocked Poppi's 3rd ringed tier of the affinity tree, so I'm well on my way to getting the right Field Skills in advance.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

SKTTR

@Anti-Matter No problem, booby.. erm.. buddy.

It's better to talk about the fear of boobs than hiding from the fear of boobs because hiding from the fear of boobs will never get you courageous enough for the boobs, but going through the fear of boobs and talk with us about the fear of boobs will get you to understand your fear of boobs better and it will finally make you accept the boobs as a part of life with their own right to exist.

It's great a game like Xenoblade Chronicles 2 can make you overcome your fears.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Hughesy

How many times can you fit the word boob in a single sentence.... 🤣

Switch friend code: SW-3225-7165-4815

Anti-Matter

@SKTTR
Um...
About boobs.
I have no fear to see that but i don't like when sexy girls exploited too much, especially their boobs. It's much like Naughty girls that appeal for typical Adult male gamers.

Generally, Adult male gamers will definetely adore those sexy bodies with very big boobs, sexier means more appealing. But, it's different case for me.
My reaction was Totally Opposite. Instead of being interested, i felt Yucky. Ew...!
I would rather see Muscular Male body with Great pecs, Very Big Biceps & Triceps, Very solid Six pack, Handsome face, Short & Spiky hairstyle, Nice attitudes, great smile, i can die by those Handsome males.

But, don't think i have no interest with girls at all. I like to watch America's Next Top Model, watch a lot of Girlie situations, High Fashion, Catwalk, Cosmetics, Editorial / Commercial / Beauty photoshoot, Crossdressing (Like Ms J. Alexander did), Makeovers, etc. In this case, i'm okay with Beautiful girls because they put on different situation. Let me explain this.

If the Female characters targeted for Girls audiences like Barbie or Style Savvy, they have Appropriate looking and non Seductive outfits. But if targeted for Male audiences, i see the females are like Playboy or Victoria Secret models, Sexy and Naughty. In this case, i prefer Appropriate looking girls.

Back to Xenoblade 2 case.

There are some Cool looking Female Rare Blades but only very few that caught my interest. The Male Rare Blades are so few compared with amount of Female Rare Blades and kinda unfair since not all male gamers adore Moe girls as usual. I might not hunt for all Rare Blades if they are not really necessary to be unlocked. Only a few Rare Blades caught my interest. This is the video of 27 Rare Blades.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 I believe that they increase your chances of getting unique blades when opening core crystals.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic