Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 101 to 120 of 3,602

kkslider5552000

TheLZdragon wrote:

Speaking of which, my main complaint for Xenoblade was that it was too big. I don't need to spend 40 minutes walking from Point A to B in EVERY area! >:[

I disagree. Mostly. I felt like the game usually did a good job of having story segments happening consistently enough that you could always get a break, even if you focused on story. The only times that happened were for finding certain rare items for quests, which WAS the worst part of the game, easily.

Though ironically, my favorite part of the game was the part with the least story or sidequest interruptions when climbing the Mechonis. It was just this incredible journey, destroying an army of Mechons and climbing this impossibly large structure. Made the party (especially the main person I used for it, Fiora), seem like the most badass awesome characters. Loved it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Bezbot

Buying it as soon as it comes out for sure.

Bezbot

Switch Friend Code: SW-4750-8467-7698 | 3DS Friend Code: 0147-3539-2436 | Nintendo Network ID: nobboysbro

Dezzy

TheLZdragon wrote:

Speaking of which, my main complaint for Xenoblade was that it was too big. I don't need to spend 40 minutes walking from Point A to B in EVERY area! >:[

Lol, I was annoyed it wasn't bigger and a longer story. I was so annoyed they left out the Bionis Shoulder area. That looked so cool!

Did you not try the speed gems that made you run faster? Those were pretty good for backtracking and exploring.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

crimsoncavalier

In regards to affinity, I think Xenoblade was on the border of being tedious, and Xenoblade X stepped over the line, then came back and burned the line, and then spit on where the line used to be before going on its merry way.

I really hope that if they do affinity quests and many different characters for your party, that they err on the side of Xenoblade and not X.

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

nf_2

I didn't mind affinity missions much with either game, the problem I had with the mechanic was more so how they were unlocked. Especially in X, it didn't make a ton of sense to use other characters when Elma and Lyn were pretty much always required, and getting beyond 2-3 hearts took an absurd amount of time. At least in the original there was a point in trying out different characters, and more often than not when a character would join your party they would be well suited for at least the area you currently were.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

FGPackers

nf_2 wrote:

I didn't mind affinity missions much with either game, the problem I had with the mechanic was more so how they were unlocked. Especially in X, it didn't make a ton of sense to use other characters when Elma and Lyn were pretty much always required, and getting beyond 2-3 hearts took an absurd amount of time. At least in the original there was a point in trying out different characters, and more often than not when a character would join your party they would be well suited for at least the area you currently were.

Agree. Maybe it's the most (and only) urgent and important problem that they have to solve. I don't feel there are any other issue of this size.

By the way Nintendo confirmed Xenoblade 2 for west release in 2017 also, same as Japan

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

Xyphon22

I haven't played X yet (it's next on my list once I finish Citizens of Earth), but I honestly didn't do any of those peripheral things in Xenoblade. I didn't bother with affinity, never crafted gems, didn't even really change party members (except for 2 or 3 bosses) or gear until I ran out of slots and had to sell older stuff to make room so I put on all the newer gear. None of that stuff is ever really necessary.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

nf_2

If anything, the biggest issue with the two titles so far has been something that is literally too small - the in-game text. I understand they're trying to fit a lot on screen, but the text size has been just terribly small.

I guess my only other gripe is how unoriginal most of the side quests actually are. I'm glad X had a mission hub to at least make the bulk of them easy to find, but man, some of those missions in XC were just impossible to track down, especially if you were somewhere like the Nopon village.

nf_2

SKTTR

I finished both games, Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii (209h) and Xenoblade Chronicles X on Wii U (330h), and while I thought the first game was pretty good, and definately worth it, the second one was masterpiece, a one of a kind RPG. And I played hundreds.

Since I can get Zelda on Wii U, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is the SWITCH system seller for me.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

ianl579

I just received my Xenoblade X special edition today, can't wait to play! 😆

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

FGPackers

@LegendOfPokemon Enjoy it, AWESOME (to say the least) game. I spend 200+ hrs with it, limited edition for me also!

FGPackers

ianl579

@FGPackers Thanks! (Still waiting for the Data Packs to download though...)

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

nf_2

Once you pull up the music on that awesome flash drive you'll definitely want to look up the rest of the game's OST. The drive you're given only has a couple good ones, and it's missing the best songs.

nf_2

Grandpa_Pixel

Being honest I got really bored of XCX. Controversial I know but I just could not get invested in the game like I did for XC. Xenoblade (the original) wowed me with a fantastic story that hooked me and made me want to continue. And the gameplay was both simple and complex.

But with XCX, I was overwhelmed. The open-world made me get lost and confused many times. The story did not hook me. I was tired of grinding and hunting for items. And the gameplay felt really unbalanced due to the open-world nature. Maybe I am playing it wrong? I even started the game again using the easiest class and I still got bored. Is there an art to liking that game?

Grandpa_Pixel

FGPackers

@Grandpa_Pixel I think the most important aspect to consider is the difference from a story standpoint. It's clear that on XC the story is the central piece of the experience, instead in XCX it's not. Maybe this was the difference for you

FGPackers

Eric258

I'm hoping they're going to release the original xenobalde chronicles on the switch. I never had a wii u and don't have a new 3DS so I haven't had the chance to play it. From people whom have played the original, do you think I will need to play the original to play this new game or does it look mostly unrelated and just set in the same world (or something like that).

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

CrazedCavalier

The head of 8-4 (who localized X) recently confirmed that they aren't working on 2. Nintendo caving to pressure and having NOE do it seems more realistic now.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Eric258

@FGPackers Hey don't worry. Probably a bit too early to ask that question! XD

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

TuVictus

I would be over the moon if they had NoE do the localization. It'd make the game consistent with the game its a direct sequel to, at least. Bring back the British accents!

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic