Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 121 to 140 of 3,602

kkslider5552000

XCX's localization got a lot of crap by people who have impossible and idiotic standards, but a return to NOE's approach would be highly appreciated. The voice acting really gave it a unique flavor, whereas X was much closer to "yep that's dubbed anime voices alright!". Not bad, but exactly what you expect, and not as good.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Grandpa_Pixel

@Operative2-0 The British accents! I miss them so much! I might need to play Xenoblade again now. I think that will be my next game

Grandpa_Pixel

Akropolon

I... I couldn't help myself.

Untitled

Edited on by Akropolon

Akropolon

My Nintendo: FreekR | Nintendo Network ID: Akropolon

Luna_110

They gave X's localization so much crap, and personally I think it didn't deserve it. The localization was good for me - I liked the VA's, dialogue was good, and aside from changing some terms, they tried to keep the same ideas in.
The "censorship" was the reason everyone was in arms... Let's hope we don't get any of that crap with XC2.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

rk3388

Controversial, but I also couldn't really get into XCX. I put in about 40-50 hours, but found I was dying from being hunted by high level opponents, the side quests didn't really hold my interest, and the story wasn't quite gripping enough to hold my attention. Also, the city area and some other places seemed like they were large for the sake of being large, but not really populated or having the feeling of life.

I am debating on whether giving XC2 another go (haven't played first though). XCX was enjoyable at times, so I don't know if it's worth going back to or not

rk3388

nf_2

On the topic of voice acting/localization, I think of the reasons why I liked XC so much was because of the voice acting. I get that it was goofy at times, but uhh, the game world is set on the bodies of 2 giants frozen in time and there's a kid with a laser-beam sword who saves the world. I'm not expecting it to be Morgan Freeman and James Earl Jones.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

kkslider5552000

Tsurii wrote:

The only thing I really care about in terms of voice acting in XC2 is that Fiora's VA doesn't return in an important role...call it bias because I hate the character but her performance was by far the worst of the bunch.

It is absolutely a bias, and I have the opposite bias. But regardless, her voice actress was in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright as a semi-important character, and she did an absolutely phenomenal job in that game. Because it's an original character in a crossover game, no one cares, but she was legitimately a highlight of that game for me.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

nf_2

I only demand that Riki return as the protagonist and the only voiced character.

nf_2

3DS Friend Code: 0774-4745-0158 | Nintendo Network ID: Sajak19

JasmineDragon

@Jajeongeo I don't think they'll do that for at least a couple of years. It's the flagship New 3DS game, so probably not going to happen before Nintendo stop supporting 3DS.

It's kind of a shame, since it's a brilliant game on N3DS but is seriously hampered by the graphics. I would totally buy it again on Switch.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

JasmineDragon

@Jajeongeo No idea if that is legal or how it works. I've never done anything with emulators.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

shadow-wolf

So Emily Rodgers says Xenoblade releasing this year is likely, and that apparently it's been in development for about 3 years. But I don't understand how that's possible since Xenoblade X was released early 2015 right?

shadow-wolf

kkslider5552000

shadow-wolf wrote:

So Emily Rodgers says Xenoblade releasing this year is likely, and that apparently it's been in development for about 3 years. But I don't understand how that's possible since Xenoblade X was released early 2015 right?

Monolith Soft has 2 different teams, so the idea is that the original Xenoblade team has been working on this while X was being made by the other team. I have no idea if that's true or not. I have my doubts because Xenoblade 1 came out in like 2010 in Japan. Even if they did help with Project X Zone and certain other Nintendo games. In theory, that means it obviously has to come out soon but that's such a long time that I really doubt it.

Also, quick Wiki look suggests the Tokyo team made both previous Xenoblades. So yeah, no. Regardless, this is not coming out in 2017, certainly not over here.

Dezzy

shadow-wolf wrote:

Got a link to her saying that?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@kkslider5552000 The studio expanded from 109 employees to 133 in just three years. So maybe they do have two separate teams in Tokyo? No idea though. I still think it's unlikely it's coming this year.

Octane

TuVictus

It's funny, I have never seen such unanimous disbelief at the supposed release year for a game, haha. I definitely agree that I highly doubt it's getting released this year, and if it is it will definitely be Japan only

TuVictus

GrailUK

Release dates are plausible given how quiet Nintendo was last year...or am I grossly misjudging how many hours went in to Mario Tennis and Animal Crossing Amiibofest. I am also inclined to think XCX was strategically delayed to pad out the Wii U release schedule. Basically, there would have been a lot of behind the scenes rejigging while the good ship Wii U was sinking.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

whodatninja

I'm just sitting here hoping they'll use the british dub cast again. i need it

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

FGPackers

Seeing a lot of people not trusting Nintendo on the release date. Instead i am. Remember when everyone was saying "where are games? Where are teams that leaved Wii U for Switch?" I think that this is an example. They're saying multiple times 2017 and i think that this can be the case with XC2 to be released in December, with Mario Odissey in November. Maybe it will be delayed to January '18, but that's the most delay i can think of it, especially if they say SMT will arrive in the first months of 2018 with the new Fire Emblem.

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

LinksMightySword

So hyped for this . A direct sequel to one of my favorite games . Chronicles was a massive Rpg packed with charm and action and great characters and story . Played it on Wii and still play regularly on my 3ds Xl. This is in my opinion exactly what Switch needs .. games like this sell more systems which results in more games for the system ( in theory).

Now we just need an announcement for a sequel to X! Loved that game too, just not as much as Chronicles .

Nintendo network Id : InRexwetrust
Switch / Nintendo Acct : HolyYoshi!
Switch friend code: SW-4296-5017-1714

Peek-a-boo

This may sound like a bit of a daft question, but who in this particular thread is the biggest Xenoblade fan?

From what I gather, @Tsurii comes across as the most excited about this sequel, would everybody agree?

Peek-a-boo

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic