Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 101 to 120 of 628

darkfenrir

@Pahvi I don't think that battles will take that long to be honest, if this harkens back to the old time JRPGs (PS1 era ish?) then yeah, the only time you'll spend long should be on bosses with the random encounter not too bad. (The only problem at that time was kinda, more on the amount of random encounter and not the how long you defeat them)

Not to count iirc you can make your walk slower to avoid battles I think? (Don't quote me on this, I don't really remember the exact words).

Anyway, I have no clue how long the story is, and how they'll spin it together... But I'm willing to give it a try. I'm hopeful it'll be around 10~ hour ish per character for unique story content, and you'll end up changing to the other characters for their story content for a while before everyone is pulled for the combined story parts.

But nonetheless, I have high hopes and hopefully it can fulfill it

darkfenrir

Bunkerneath

Anyone know when the "Octopath Traveler: Traveler's Compendium Edition" of this game will be able to pre-order?

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

FX102A

@Bunkerneath I preordered mine from GAME yesterday (although still considering the US edition instead cos of the CD unless we get a confirmed OST release in Japan). Unfortunately they tend to be the priciest.

Amazon either has a placeholder or currently taking no more preorders. Nintendo UK store tends to be the last to put up preorders.

FX102A

FragRed

@FX102A I found that Amazon are becoming increasingly worse when it comes to putting up pre-orders for games, and not just with Nintendo but other platforms too. Still can't pre-order Spiderman.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Swordsman83

played the demo. loved it.. the music, artwork, graphics.

i like the feature path action.. challenged a 5 star npc and got whacked.

the combat is not a cakewalk, need to exploit weakness to break enemies shield.

when to boost skills or just normal attack.

Its a shame i couldn't get my hands on the wayfarer's edition.

Looking forward to this rpg.

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

Swordsman83

darkfenrir wrote:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/17/octopath-traveler-introd...

Holy [removed], it's looking really good!

There's also Sub-Stories, and then you have ways of doing things that are 'Noble' and 'Rogue'

I wonder if the Rogue ways are able to be savescummed...

i suppose seduce is the rogue path ?

the noble path would be persuasion ?

Edited on by Octane

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

darkfenrir

Swordsman83 wrote:

darkfenrir wrote:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/04/17/octopath-traveler-introd...

Holy [removed], it's looking really good!

There's also Sub-Stories, and then you have ways of doing things that are 'Noble' and 'Rogue'

I wonder if the Rogue ways are able to be savescummed...

i suppose seduce is the rogue path ?

the noble path would be persuasion ?

Might be, I'm not in a habit to do too much guessing I'm afraid.

(Just being hyper excited and hope July will come quicker!)

Edited on by Octane

darkfenrir

FX102A

@FragRed Rumours are that Amazon are having problems with suppliers / distributors. Probably Amazon wanted a bigger discount or maybe other retailers have complained to suppliers to stop giving Amazon special rates or something?

FX102A

Neoguardian86

This is like one of the top games i want to play on the Switch. love the look of it.

CURRENTLY PLAYING
Switch: live A Live
Playstation 5: Assassins Creed Origins
Xbox Series X:
iOS: Final Fantasy 6 Pixel Remaster
3DS XL:

PSN : Neoguardian86
Steam : GhostinShell86

Switch Friend Code: SW-5194-5130-4929 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-0557-6118 | Nintendo Network ID: Neoguardian86

Cynas

Not sure if I'm late on this, but the box art was finally shown off.

Untitled

I'm a huge fan of it

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

darkfenrir

Not posted yet but I personally like the cover art! It looks really nice

(Although secretly surprised it's at T and not M

darkfenrir

Spoony_Tech

@darkfenrir That M rating was only in Australia and it doesn't even mean Mature. It was always going to be a teen rating in the west.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

darkfenrir

@Spoony_Tech Ah got it, I didn't even remember the Australia rating anymore, just that I thought it'll be slapped with M rating hue.

Anyway, still excited for this game nonetheless >:3

darkfenrir

hirokun

Big fan of Bravely Default/Second. Looking forward to this one from the same team. Kind of an interesting twist to give each "class" its own story and way to interact with different NPCs.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Grandpa_Pixel

I seriously can not wait for this game. It is going to be a fantastic summer title and it deserves any success it gets

Grandpa_Pixel

SKTTR

I played through the demo of the second character now and it reawakened my interest.
Primrose was shorter and easier to play but her story was more enganging than Olberic's.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Tibob

@SKTTR That's funny : I started with Primrose and I spent way more time on it thant on Olberic. Maybe the two demos are about the same length but getting used to the mechanics make the second game quicker.

I agree that Primrose's story was way more interesting and a bit more original.

Tibob

SKTTR

You're probably right. Second time around I was used to the mechanics of when to boost effectively and what weapons to use against certain enemies. Still, Olberic's quest felt more challenging, due to the fact that outside of normal battle you could duel some high-rank npc's.

I'm still unsure how the eight characters are intertwined. Is it better to play through one's story and then advance to the next, or can you switch between characters on the go in the final game?
In the demo there are just 3 save slots, but every character seem to take one slot.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic