Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,221 to 60,240 of 69,995

FragRed

@rallydefault That’s correct. It’s really just the base game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TommyTendo

I don't like GamePass because I heard games get removed after a while?
Like, you can't play the games forever or something.

Anti-Matter

@TommyTendo
Yeah, that's why I despise the Gamepass idea.
It just convenient for short time but it will be regret after certain time passed.
I always thinking about long term satisfaction so playing the games in physical is way worthier than playing games from Gamepass.
It isn't about convenience / cheaper price, it's about owning the things legally.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter You still own the thing legally until you remove it from you HDD. It is not illegal.

With that said I do not like online crap as well.

BUT just like you said many times, there are different kind of gamers. Gamepass is not for gamers like us who love physical media. Just like there are gamers that buy physical and when they finish the game they trade it for another.

I understand that Gamepass is extremely valuable for such kind of gamers And it doe snot hurt the physical media in any way

Pizzamorg

TommyTendo wrote:

I don't like GamePass because I heard games get removed after a while?
Like, you can't play the games forever or something.

There is rotation, but they usually give you a chunky discount to purchase the game if it is leaving their service, so it isn't all doom and gloom.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Grumblevolcano

@TommyTendo Xbox Game Studios games stay on the service indefinitely except Forza which has an awkward licensing situation where the game must be removed from all digital stores (and cannot be sold new at retail) 4 years after launch. 3rd party games rotate which usually ends up being removed from Game Pass around a year after its been added to Game Pass.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

dmcc0

@TommyTendo There have also been a few that have actually come back to the service at a later date too. GTAV, My Friend Pedro from memory and The Outer...Wild? or Worlds? 😂 Can't remember which one - they're both on Game Pass, but one left and came back.

dmcc0

Ryu_Niiyama

Well looks like Arceus is doing ok. I think I'll nab this one on friday.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

FragRed

@Ryu_Niiyama I have tried several times to get into Pokémon but I just can’t get on with them. I’m kinda curious about trying this one at some point, see if this style of gameplay gets me interested.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

Gamepass also offers value to physical/digital gamers who like to purchase for long term ownership, by letting them demo games from a constantly refreshed and updated portfolio of games. Some you may play and say ya, I wanna buy this. Others you may play and say nah, I'll save my cash. While still others you may play and say ya, I love it! But it's an online game so it's not worth buying a physical copy, I'll just play it here instead.

Speaking of which, I just got the Xbox-licensed Razer Turret keyboard and mouse combo for Xbox Series X, and was playing some Gears 5 on Gamepass with it from my recliner... oh man, that's the stuff! I'm new to KB/M but am learning it now because I'm tired of games not offering gyro on PS/Xbox (can play with gyro on Steam but its a more streamlined experience on Xbox, which has KB/M support for a fair few games, so its time to learn how to use it). Don't care if it's gyro aiming, KB/M or a freaking power glove... I'll learn anything if it helps me escape the analog aiming console ghetto I've trapped in my whole life.

Pokemon sounds like this is the one. If Legends can't get me into Pokémon, nothing will.

BTW, don't forget to update KOTOR to get rid of the large text boxes.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@Ryu_Niiyama
Yea, I'm kind of Pokemon'd out after Shining Pearl, but Arceus does look pretty different. I'm not a good Pokemon player at all, but from what I'm reading Arceus is really a different beast. I'll probably use some of my Gamestop coupons and give it a buy.

rallydefault

Ryu_Niiyama

@rallydefault I got a 50 dollar gift card from work so that will knock the price down for me. Kinda excited!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

Now that the Switch is firmly in the #5 spot for all-time best selling platforms (behind PS2, DS, GB/GBC, and PS4)...when will the Switch pass GB/GBC for the #4 spot? Roughly 119m. This Fall perhaps, October/November/December?

PS4 is still selling, so it'll probably end at #3, until the Switch passes it next year.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioVillager92

@Magician Didn't I hear that Sony discontinued the PS4? I could be wrong on that, but I recall hearing about it.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

BruceCM

They were going to but with the PS5 being so difficult to get, they're continuing to make them for awhile, @MarioLover92 ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

MarioVillager92

@BruceCM @Magician
Oh, gotcha. That's totally understandable. Thanks, you two! I remember being really surprised when I heard that and I saw that all the PS4s were sold out, since they used to keep the PS2 around when the PS3 was current. Though, I think it's because the PS3 sold poorly in its initial years. Going back on topic, I'm pretty sure that Nintendo's gonna keep the Switch going for a few more years before they're ready to announce their next console.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic