Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 60,241 to 60,260 of 70,011

IceClimbers

So random thought, but is it safe to assume that the Switch ports of Pillars of Eternity II and Elder Scrolls Legends are canceled?

The latter was announced at E3 one year (2018 I think?) for a release that fall, was later delayed indefinitely and then never heard from again.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@MarioLover92 A lot of PS2 sales were purely as a cheap DVD player as well, so the PS3 didn't replace it in that aspect of the market

@IceClimbers Didn't Elder Scrolls Legends flop hard? I know development was discontinued super quick at least. They wanted it to be an ESO size phenomenon and that clearly didn't happen.

Edit: I need to stop posting in the comments on Prime 4 articles for my own sanity. Just had someone tag me to say that Dread was just dusted off the shelf and released to distract people from it being in developmental hell... Like, how do people think a game with a documented 4 year development time was made to cover for a game that hasn't even been in development for four years bangs head

Edited on by link3710

link3710

BruceCM

Well, PoE 2 is still available to pre-order for Switch in several places here, @IceClimbers .... So, it's certainly not officially cancelled
They were probably hoping for a Switch pro or whatever it'd be called for it, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

Well it took a couple weeks, but I finally updated the collection on my new 1TB SWOLED. 870 physical games, 350GB of post-patching, about 400 gold coins collected. Now I have over 2500 gold coins burning a hole in my wallet. So I wonder what'll happen first. Will Rebel Galaxy Outlaw get a discount or will I get another 500 gold coins so I can acquire the game for "free"?

I've had my eye on the game since it arrived on Switch but I don't recall ever seeing it on discount.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I have a lot of physical games, and it's just too many icons for one system. Makes it a pain browsing for something to play.

I keep a separate v2 Switch where I install all my physical games, as a physical only system (except for games digital only- but always physical install if there's a cart). My OLED is not only purely digital, but also carefully curated to only the top 25% of games. Otherwise there's not enough space, and there's way too many icons of games I'm probably not gonna play.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Giancarlothomaz

@MarioLover92 yes, in a interview Shuntaro Furukawa stated that Switch will have at least 5 year left for his lifecycle, i believe Switch is gonna have a similar lifecycle to 3DS, so anyone that worrying that 2022/2023 could be Switch final year, don't need to worry, because, Switch is gonna have a long lifecycle and will become the third best selling hardware of all time.

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

Pokemon Legends Arceus is so good.

Oh my gosh.

I've tried and tried and tried to get into Pokémon. And every time I quit playing after a few hrs (even less for Brilliant Diamond- that game just didn't hit like I thought it would).

But this is exactly what I've been wanting. The game is soooo much less tedious, way more fun with excellent movement mechanics, gyro aiming, it's just a joy to play.

I'm taken aback by how much I'm enjoying it.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH what I love is for me Pokemon feel dangerous now (it always struck me as absurd that a 10-15 year old child can just capture literal forces of nature even when I was a child) and the pokedex has meaning. All the tasks make me feel like I am observing these creatures and cataloging them. It would have been cool if you had been required to take their pokedex picture as well. And I find Hisui to be charming.

I haven’t felt compelled to finish a pokemon game since Gold (although I am nearly done with sword), yet I can’t put this one down.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
I had the exact same thought- I wanted to take pics to catalog them and replace the stock drawing of them in the Pokedex with my picture taken, like in Monster Hunter Rise.

But I guess that might make Snap irrelevant. Still think it would be an excellent addition to the core gameplay.

And the game feels more purpose driven- right off the bat they tell you to complete the Pokedex. Previous games never felt so focused.

JaxonH

And, the biggest difference I've noticed about Arceus, is the game is actually fun now.

In every Pokémon game I've played, it wasn't fun to move around. It was tedious, if anything. It wasn't fun to explore. That was also tedious. It wasn't fun to battle. That was also tedious. The only thing that ever kept me playing was the intrigue of catching Pokémon, something that made me persevere despite the game not being fun in any other aspect.

Yet in Arceus, everything is fun! Movement is fun. Exploring is fun. Throwing Pokeballs is fun. Battling is fun. Everything you do in the game is actually fun now.

Arceus feels like a top tier Nintendo game whereas previous Pokémon did not. All of Nintendo's in house games are built around fun movement, exploration and mechanics. Everything else is secondary. They also include celebratory jingles which are trademark Nintendo. Legends Arceus has that so much, it just oozes Nintendo charm through and through. Even just catching a Pokémon, seeing the little fireworks shoot up and crackle is extremely satisfying.

Idk what their dev team did- if they took lessons from Nintendo devs or if someone assisted them, but whatever it was, it's working. Keep doing that.

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

I prefer the traditional Pokemon games but find Legends Arceus to still be enjoyable, best outcome would be that both styles of mainline Pokemon gameplay coexist which I think has a decent chance of happening given the competitive side of things (Sword/Shield is still used for tournaments).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

I wonder what do you think about Pokemon games with the clones on Switch / PS4 (Nexomon for example) so far ?

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

I do hope a lot of the QoL improvements make it into the next dual game. Game freak has been experimenting a lot in small ways.

That being said I will work on sword a bit more while I am in the mood for Pokemon. I’m less interested in BP now though. As it will have less QoL changes. I abandoned Diamond pretty early back in the day.

@JaxonH I think it has more to do with audience balance. The pics sound cool to us but plenty of the pokegang would find it tedious. Which would start a new batch of complaints.

Edit: wait. You can do what now with pics in Rise? Man you may have given me reason to go back.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

gcunit

The lack of a photo mode is a pity. The photo system they did provide is slow and clunky, and has limited options.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

link3710

@Grumblevolcano What GameFreak needs (and won't happen) is separate teams for each style, so they can have longer dev times.

link3710

Fizza

@Grumblevolcano I'm very intrigued as to what happens next in the series. People really like PLA so naturally it would stand to reason that they would want to repeat that success again. However, like you said, there are plenty of people who prefer traditional Pokemon instead. Especially competitive players who are basically just waiting for Gen 9/the end of the pandemic to kick back into gear. The remakes are fine since they can just pawn it off to ILCA now but as for the main series? Who knows.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Fizza

@JaxonH The conversion is complete.
Also, I think Monolith Soft helped out as well so you're right on that front!

Edited on by Fizza

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Extreme-G (N64)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
Oh ya! It's one of the most addicting things to do in Rise- cataloging every large monster, small monster and endemic life with self taken pics. I love it because I have a knack for photography and centering shots with the perfect background.

I spent soooo much time taking pics in Rise. Every time I'd hunt a new monster, first thing I'd do was have the action bar toggled to the camera first, so all I had to do was press D-pad Up to activate it (usually while riding my palamute for better mobility). Gyro aiming helps too.

@Fizza
Monolith Soft aren't the best at optimization, but they're a heck of a lot better than Gamefreak. So if that's true... it makes perfect sense.

Ryu_Niiyama

Anybody else feel bad about just smacking Pokemon in the back of the head with those balls made out of stone and iron and wood (look at the ingredients for making a pokeball, you are hurling wood and metal at them)? I feel like every one I catch has a small concussion. Also I love the idle animation of the player character. When I saw mine shivering in the rain I did a doubletake. Not every dev pays attention to that so I always like to see immersive idle animations.

@JaxonH sigh. I guess I will go dig out my Rise cartridge. That does sound fun.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Pizzamorg

I am very much in the camp that if I had say a Pokemon Shield/Sword with Arceus' QoL changes it'd be my favourite Pokemon and probably one of my favourite games ever.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic