Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,601 to 59,620 of 69,993

Pizzamorg

It is my Birthday today, which meant I got to start my Ringfit Adventure… and holy *****, lol. I am not a sporty person, but I am decently fit/active. I thought this would be targeted more at older people/really unfit people, so I set it to the hardest difficulty and it killed me in under 15 minutes. In the good way! The whole session in total was about 45 minutes, but they give little cut scenes and stuff which mask cooldowns I suppose, plus there are like warm ups and cool downs etc. Honestly so happy with this, I didn’t expect to come away feeling like I got a proper work out and especially not that quickly. Once I start sweating from the shins I know my workout is legit. Especially when fighting the monsters, the sets of exercises you need to do to take the monsters down were brutal. In the good way! Although bit of a nightmare as my dogs think I am playing, so they get around my feet and try to give me kisses when I did the exercises that put you lower or on the floor. Plus, all the data it collates and the way it gamifies all the exercise, plus giving fun little tips and factoids and stuff, I just think this is a great package. It is also surprising it is the same price as a regular Switch game but you get the ring/leg strap etc too. I can’t often say this, but on this occasion… Good guy Nintendo.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

JaxonH

Ring Fit is brutal. I set it to Hard and played 45 minutes, and I was aching for days afterwards.

It's definitely a legit workout, and much more entertaining than Wii Fit ever was

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Pizzamorg

JaxonH wrote:

Ring Fit is brutal. I set it to Hard and played 45 minutes, and I was aching for days afterwards.

It's definitely a legit workout, and much more entertaining than Wii Fit ever was

We should start a Ring Fitness club on the forum!

mjharper

If you do it right, Ring Fit can be a good work out routine. I played Ring Fit quite a bit during the pandemic times when the gym wasn't open. Overhead squats are brutal.

mjharper

Switch Friend Code: SW-1710-0829-4896

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
That's... actually a really good video. High quality post 👍

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@Pizzamorg Ring Fit is a surprisingly excellent workout.

BTW, happy birthday!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

reporterdavid

Happy birthday.

Have a nice day. Voiceactor: The Pirates! (Sony/Aardman 2012) - The Passion: A Brickfilm (Neema 2019) - The Torchlighters: The Story of John Newton (Vision Video 2022)

Pizzamorg

Thanks all!

I am very sore this morning from the Ring Fit! Haha.

Oh and I made a start on Crown Tundra, so far… so good! The rogue like twist on the Dynamax Raids is really cool, it looks like you’re guaranteed the Legendary from the end of Crystal when you do your first one. Crystal holds a really special place in my heart, so this was so ***** cool to me.

It also feels much less like it was just some cut content from the main game slapped into a DLC package. However, I have really only just begun, so I will touch base when I get to the end of the DLC.

Anti-Matter

@Pizzamorg
I don't have Ring Fit Adventures yet but I have Para Para Paradise PS2 with its infrared controller that keep me fit by dancing with hands. 😁

Anti-Matter

jump

CactusMan wrote:

@Pizzamorg When you are sore you need proteins and rest. When recovered you can get sore again by doing some more exercise and within a year hike like 40 miles.

Just to add to that...keep the protein intake to around 40 grams per meal as that's how much your body can process in one go so anything else just gets converted to fat, stretches are good on rest days to help recovery by keeping your circulation going as well as bananas for potassium, avoiding coffee (try tea instead as there's actually more caffeine in it) and drink water. Keep in mind if you're starting from inactive it takes around 3 months for your body to adapt/not feel sore with that specifc level of exercise.

To be honest rather than being a cardio bunny I'd suggest trying to include HIT or weights as well if you want to keep in shape long term, the more muscle you have the more calories it consumes rather than just having to clock up hours and hours to get rid of the fat.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Pizzamorg

Since I can’t go to the gym anymore, I do all my exercise at home but my options at home are very limited. I have a few kettle bells and dumbbells I do weights with, but they aren’t very heavy and can’t afford to keep buying new ones as I go along, so I only do weights occasionally now. (It used to be a core of my exercise when I was in the gym all the time but that just isn’t practical now. Plus when you’re doing it alone so no one can check your form your injury risk goes up by a lot).

Other than that, I alternate every other day (give or take) in either going for a long walk or going for a run (either outside or the treadmill), mixing in press ups as either a warm up or cool down. I wanted to slot Ring Fit in there to give me some variation and fun into my workout, since it’s just not the same when you’re home alone. This seems to suggest it will do that for me.

I also tend to not focus on weight, I think it takes losing a lot of weight to really notice you’ve lost weight but when you start getting fitter, you can notice that pretty much straight away. So I focus on the fitness and the weight will come.

Edited on by Pizzamorg

Snatcher

I'm loving AOC, Being my first warrior's game, I think I have a new series I love now.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

Pizzamorg

Did my second Ring Fit session same length, but turned the difficulty down and tried not to do as many squats this time around! I know you should take breaks, but the sessions aren’t long and I am just trying to calibrate it for me. Still seemed a little difficult even with them lowering it, so I might try calibrating it down lower again next time and see how I get on. I know this sounds like complaining but I love how much this kicks my ass.

JaxonH

There's .hack//G.U.

Finally. We saw the rating ages ago. Guess Bandai Namco got sick of the director pestering them to port it. Their original objection was sales forecast.

Like... come on. It's a niche JRPG. It won't do that well, but it'll at least match your PS sales.

JaxonH

@Ralizah
My guy just got back to me about the slipcovers for Monster Hunter Rise and Shin Megami Tensei V. He asked if this design was OK. I told him heck yes.

Untitled

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

Looks like the NSO Expansion Pack dripfeed is even more of a dripfeed than with NES or SNES for base NSO.

Paper Mario is coming to NSO Expansion Pack on December 10th.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@JaxonH Nice. I'm using those exact pieces of art for my current desktop/laptop wallpapers.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

I mean, Paper Mario is the easiest excuse to waste 20 hours, which would make it more time spent than nearly anyone gets from your average NSO update.

Tbh, I thought they were gonna wait until next year for any new game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic