Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,601 to 59,620 of 59,626

Magician

(making budget decisions)

With the September-October release schedule being as crowded as it is, I think I'm going to have to skip buying Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot day-one and just wait for a deep discount. And that's a tough call for a DBZ fan like myself. I own copies of FighterZ, World Mission, and Xenoverse 2. I love me my Dragon Ball.

Unfortunately, all the various boutique publishers and my upcoming Birthday import extravaganza have effectively torpedoed my budget for next couple months. Oh well, I suppose I can take solace in the fact that Bamco usually overproduce physical copies of their games. High profile Bamco physical releases in Murica usually reach 50% mrsp shortly after release.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 796 games (as of September 20th, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

Zuljaras wrote:

Are you getting the SRG Deponia collection?

@Zuljaras Yup. I'm keeping that complete-SRG-collection train moving. I threw down $150 on the newest bundle yesterday. Ouch. Then today we've got preorders opening for Love Esquire and The Letter via Play-Asia. Ooooof! And who knows what kind of preorders LRG will shadow-drop tomorrow?

These limited print companies have been working me over this month.
Untitled

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Zuljaras

@Magician I just hope they have the save files fix on the cartridge as many people are asking about it but SRG are not responding at all.

Zuljaras

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
The one and only.

And Waterworld is his magnum opus! If you haven't seen it, you really need to.

PLAYING
NS: Warioware, Cruis'n Blast, Ni No Kuni 2
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
Steam: Horizon Zero Dawn, Deathloop, Tales of Arise
PS5: Spiderman, Ghosts of Tsushima
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, Monkey Ball, SMTV

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

Welp sounds like Ni no Kuni II was a good port so that’s on the BF haul list. I just wish Bamco would give us a soul calibur game.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

@Ryu_Niiyama It makes me wonder who handled the port job? Game Engine was the development team responsible for the port of the first game, but I don't believe they were contracted for the sequel.

FragRed

@JaxonH ITS FINALLY HERE! Thank God I’m not working until Monday, can play Cruis’n Blast every day without work getting in the way!!

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

JaxonH

@FragRed
Pop the cork 🍾

A lot of us had been waiting for Cruis'n Blast to get a Switch port since it released in arcades in 2017

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

FragRed

@JaxonH Wow. Have all the arcade games had a home console release?

JaxonH

@FragRed
All the Cruis'n games have now, yes. And Raw Thrills recently hinted at a Switch collection with Cruis'n USA, Cruis'n World and Cruis'n Exotica all bundled together.

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

FragRed

@JaxonH Really hope they do. I just can’t stop playing. It’s the arcade racing I have been wanting for so long. It’s got to be my favourite game the year.

JaxonH

@FragRed
Yes yes yes! You get it. A lot of people don't get it. They don't understand the appeal. The hype. The unbelievable excitement.

I'm not sure it's my favorite game of the year- Monster Hunter Rise would certainly have to take that spot. But it's up there. And, it scratches a particular itch no other game has scratched or even could scratch. It's the best true arcade racing game I've ever played. Easily. All the best ones before have been indies or retro titles. We've been waiting so long for this. It's like having the arcade in your pocket, PLUS a World Tour with 24 additional tracks and difficulty modes.

I'll say this. Cruis'n Blast is a must-own on Switch as much as Zelda, Mario, Splatoon or any other high class exclusive. Not that it'll provide the same amount of content, or that it offers technical parity, but it's simply the absolute best of its genre. Simple as that. If you want classic N64 era arcade racing, no other game does it better.

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Anti-Matter

@Isashihtzu
I would like to see Animal Crossing Sports Festival (Sport games compilation like Olympic games) or Animal Crossing Chronicles of the Kingdom (JRPG style game like Miitopia) or Animal Crossing World Builders (Dragon Quest Builders style).

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

gcunit

I don't think a JRPG would suit the Animal Crossing IP very much. A major feature of AC is that there's no story, no drama, it's just aimless. To transpose the characters from that chill, aimless world into a random adventure just doesn't fit very well in my eyes.

Perhaps a spin-off based on the adventures of Gulliver could generate something though.

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
Since a lot of peoples like to make a recreation of movie scenes or video clip in ACNH, I think the best spin-off for Animal Crossing is Animal Crossing Superstar with gameplay like The Sims Superstar and ability to make specific scenes for movie shooting with tons of gestures. Think Animal Crossing + The Sims Superstar + Youtubers Life 2

Top 8 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. DrumMania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. KeyboardMania
7. Martial Beat
8. DANCE EVOLUTION

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

HotGoomba

Isashihtzu wrote:

@ Anti-Matter
A JRPG could fit Animal Crossing very well, if they keep it lighthearted that is. Don't want Timmy and Tommy being offered to a demon lord or anything like that. 😱

Untitled

Tom Nook sells Timmy and Tommy for 62 cents.

Please, for the love of everything, don't click on the link on my profile.

You've been warned

JaxonH

Yo!

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ryu_Niiyama

Magician wrote:

@Ryu_Niiyama It makes me wonder who handled the port job? Game Engine was the development team responsible for the port of the first game, but I don't believe they were contracted for the sequel.

Was the first game a bad port? I played it on ps4 and bought the Switch version in support but haven’t done anything with it yet because I still haven’t developed chronokinesis yet or immortality. Either or.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic