Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 59,621 to 59,640 of 60,221

DarthNocturnal

I guess one of those moderate surprises will be that new controller? The other will probably be Smash Fighter #6 for FP2.

Maybe a reminder that the Zelda G&W is still a thing.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

chapu2006

Just got back from school to find there's a nintendo direct.
Can't stop smiling...

Hope you're having a good day.

Ralizah

Good lord, I don't need more games added to my pile at this point.

Currently Playing
n/a

Upcoming
The Great Ace Attorney 2: Resolve (NS)

TheFrenchiestFry

This holiday is stacked for me as is with Metroid Dread, my Final Fantasy playthroughs, SMT V, WarioWare and some PS5 stuff like Solar Ash

I really didn't need more games but sure go ahead lol

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Pizzamorg

I am in the same position. Like on the one hand, more games is always good but on the other, it seems like after quite a quiet year for games overall, we're just gonna be hit with an absolute avalanche for like the next five months. I guess they couldn't spread them out better because of Covid disruption or whatever, but my wallet is already screaming and the avalanche is still basically just starting at the top of the mountain. I guess at least next year won't seem so dry, as I am going to be catching up on games from the end of this one/start of the next one I think well into next year.

My @ handle everywhere is Pizzamorg.
My Friend Code is: SW-6997-6872-4381
Switch games currently playing: I am Setsuna, Splatoon 2, Cruis'n Blast.
Non-Switch games I am currently playing: Far Cry 6, Life is Strange: True Colors.

RR529

Yeah, I currently have no shortage of stuff to play, but am still excited to see what's announced anyway.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

It's possible we see Resident Evil Switch in the Direct. Then again it could be a Tokyo Game Show announcement.

That's assuming it hasn't been delayed, of course. In which case we may not see it revealed until 2022.

But, there's a chance.

PLAYING
NS: METROID DREAD (10/10 muah!)
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

BruceCM

Being the sucker I am, I do vaguely hope for something new & unexpected .... I don't particularly expect anything & it won't matter if there's nothing I want but that would be a surprise

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I think it'll be saved for the Game Awards, feels like a better fit.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Could be.

Then again, one could have said the same for Monster Hunter Rise, and yet they announced it beforehand and simply followed up with a new trailer at the Game Awards. So... maybe, maybe not.

PLAYING
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: SMTV, Bayonetta 3, Splatoon 3, Triangle Strategy, MH Rise Sunbreak, Zelda BotW 2, Metroid Prime 4

Jesus is Lord.

TheFrenchiestFry

I just want Bayonetta 3

That's literally the only thing that will get me over the moon hyped at the Direct tomorrow if the new Smash fighter isn't someone crazy like DOOM Slayer

At least an image of Bayonetta's new hairdo. Anything

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Ryu_Niiyama

Somebody tell Nintendo that I am on a budget. I’m afraid for my bank account.

As always no expectations and I think I avoided the rumor pile on so I just wanna kick back and enjoy.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Budda

By just looking at the push that Nintendo is doing for Metroid Dread, I've got the feeling that the last Smash DLC character will be a Metroid character. A Chozo maybe?
But really, I have no idea. It's just a feeling.

Budda

BruceCM

Hey, Nintendo, @Ryu_Niiyama is on a budget.... Perhaps she'd like to say what games she'd have to buy if you announced them so you know which ones not to?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ryu_Niiyama

@BruceCM snicker you got jokes I see… I’m sorta doomed anyway. My Best Buy cart has been full since the last direct and I’m just waiting on BF so I don’t have to drop over a grand in games. I would like to keep it under 6 hundo if possible. I’ll be in the purchases thread crying in two months anyway.

That being said so long as BOTW 2 doesn’t suddenly have a super smooth dev cycle and launch in the next six months, I am good.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

A Switch-focused Resident Evil game would be pretty exciting.

As would a new Monolith Soft game, new 3D Mario, new Donkey Kong, new Pikmin, new Atlus JRPG, Zelda remake, etc.

If they're feeling really wild, they could show us that mevieval action rpg Monolith has supposedly been developing for years.

But I'm not expecting any of that.

I AM expecting an N64 Classic console, though. And my interest in that would be heavily contingent on whether they could convince Microsoft to play ball with certain Rare games on the system, because Mario 64, OoT, Majora's Mask, and Star Fox 64 are all better on other devices.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing
n/a

Upcoming

JaxonH

I am actually somewhat expecting Xenoblade Chronicles 3. That game has been heavily rumored for a while so I wouldn’t be surprised if they revealed it. At the same time, I’m not going to be disappointed or anything if it’s not shown. I don’t think their new fantasy IP is going to debut before XC3. But, who knows.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Bayonetta 3 was shown. Then again, I feel like that’s a game that would be revealed next year at E3 with an October release.

Resident Evil Switch, decent probability. I’d give it at least a 30% chance.

N64 games, like 85%. The stick calibration being changed from clicking to moving sideways also makes sense given the N64 controller analogs couldn’t click.

Kirby game… 40%. It’s been 3+ years. We’re overdue.

Wii port or Wii U port. We’re also overdue for one of those. No idea which one, but they’ve gotta have something.

Maybe a few 3rd party game surprises? Perhaps Alan Wake? Provided it’s not going to release quite a bit later, in which case the announcement likely wouldn’t come until after the initial release.

Unfortunately, with Dread just weeks away, I think we can safely scratch Metroid Prime Trilogy off the list of probables. They are not going to do anything that interferes with the hype leading up to October 8th.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
3DS:
Steam:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

Alan Wake and that Castlevania Advance Collection are totally gonna be there.

Currently Playing
n/a

Upcoming

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

I AM expecting an N64 Classic console, though. And my interest in that would be heavily contingent on whether they could convince Microsoft to play ball with certain Rare games on the system

You just described exactly one of the main reasons I'm not expecting it (lack of Star Wars is also inevitable and a huge omission). Also because the Classic console thing was years ago, it'd just be random to bring it back now.

I'm honestly not even expecting N64 on NSO. Like have any of you seen how few 3rd party N64 games they had on VC? They had four! FOUR WHOLE GAMES! Two on Wii, two on Wii U.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

Regarding mario party superstars, do we know all the mini games available yet? The one mini game that springs to mind is the boo bicycle mini game with the joy stick where you rotate it insanely fast. If your joycon hasn't drifted by now, it sure will after lol

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic