Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,901 to 58,920 of 59,626

JaxonH

That’s 41-95 deg Fahrenheit btw.

Sounds like a fairly obvious statement. We don’t recommend using your device in below freezing temps, and oh btw, we also don’t recommend using it in Death Valley heat either. Try to keep it somewhere between the two

PLAYING
NS: Warioware, Cruis'n Blast, Ni No Kuni 2
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
Steam: Horizon Zero Dawn, Deathloop, Tales of Arise
PS5: Spiderman, Ghosts of Tsushima
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, Monkey Ball, SMTV

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

I for one like to live dangerously and therefore, play my switch in 96 deg F weather only.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

DarthNocturnal

brb playing in a frozen storage unit in the middle of the Sahara.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Ralizah

There goes my dream of playing my Switch in the arctic. "Play anywhere, anytime, with anyone" my butt, Nintendo.

Currently Playing: n/a

Upcoming
WarioWare: Get it Together! (NS)
God of War (PS4)
Tetris Effect (NS)

kkslider5552000

Ralizah wrote:

There goes my dream of playing my Switch in the arctic. "Play anywhere, anytime, with anyone" my butt, Nintendo.

My dreams of playing Smash Bros with polar bears, shattered. : (

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Grumblevolcano

I wonder what's going on regarding Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl and Legends Arceus, it's really odd for Pokemon to go 6 months with no info outside of a release date. Also the New Pokemon Snap which came out today is the kind of thing that would usually be revealed in a Pokemon Presents/Direct.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

@Grumblevolcano Well, Arceus has been indefinitely delayed because GameFreak were in the same boat as those suckas saying Switch Pro was coming.

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

DarthNocturnal

So that settles it then; the next Switch needs to be a Varia Switch. Playable while sitting right next to magma, or on the surface of Neptune.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Magician

I find myself checking the Japanese eShop almost on a daily basis, looking for confirmation of whether or not the Tsukihime remake will support English. I always enjoy different takes on the vampire theme and there usually aren't many Cero Z-rated games in the visual novel genre, as a majority of them are romance stories. But not this one. Murder, mental and physical abuse, etc.

It's due for release at the end of the month and yet there still isn't any news. The Japanese eShop usually updates in the afternoon on Wednesdays, so perhaps today's the day we'll learn more?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 794 games (as of September 17th, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Primo40295

@Magician as a huge Fate fan I really hope that they release this in the west or with English support; after all we are getting Melty Blood: Type Lumina at the end of next month. Fingers crossed.

Primo40295

Switch Friend Code: SW-0871-5798-7779

link3710

@Grumblevolcano At this point, I'm starting to think they might do the unthinkable: make those games the center of the September Direct.

link3710

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano the backlash over Pokémon Brilant Diamond e Shining Pearl visuals may have made Pokémon Company not show information regarding this games.

i like HD Rumble.

HotGoomba

@Ralizah @kkslider5552000 Just put a jacket on the Switch, problem solved.

Please, for the love of everything, don't click on the link on my profile.

You've been warned

Snaplocket

@gcunit There's no official statement from GameFreak saying the game is being delayed. There are leaks saying so but there's no way to know if they're true or not. If they are delaying it then quite frankly, GameFreak is making the right choice.

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Magician

@gcunit @Snaplocket Considering how rough that trailer was for Legends: Arceus was back in February, I hope it does gets moved off its January release date.

Switch Physical Collection - 794 games (as of September 17th, 2021)
Currently playing: Spiritfarer (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

GrailUK

@Grumblevolcano Aren't Japan still struggling with Covid?

Edit - I realise that sounds like it's not going to come back and bite the UK in the ass too.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

gcunit

@Snaplocket I was totally talking out of my ass earlier, I've no idea about Arceus, I was just riffing on the pre-OLED period when people were insisting Arceus was being made to coincide with Switch Pro.

Want in on a family group for cheap NSO membership? Email [email protected]

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

I don’t think anyone had the confidence to insist anything given it was all speculation, but releasing a Pokémon game two months after another Pokémon game is certainly odd, and the fact that game looked to be struggling only made it seem even more odd. I was hoping switch pro would release for Arceus because it would nullify the concerns over performance.

Unfortunately, it seems GameFreak is just gonna have to iron it out. Not even sure a delay is enough. I’m not very confident they’re capable no matter how much time they spend on it.

What they need to do is swallow their pride and admit that despite owning one of the worlds most premier franchises, they’re not very good with development. They should ask Nintendo, their major investor and stockholder, to assist them in technical training and engine support. After all, that’s what investors are for. Acknowledge the issue and go to Nintendo for help. Designate money and resources into helping them, perhaps give them access to the BotW engine and send some of their top experts to assist in mentoring and teaching them tricks of the trade.

My company was bought out last year by a large investment firm, and do you know what they did? They earmarked 12 million dollars to fix broken equipment, paint the walls, buy new technology, etc. because as our largest investor that is their role. You get what you put into it. Nintendo needs to do the same for GameFreak. Bankroll their transformation into a world class studio capable of developing games meeting expectations of a AAA Nintendo title.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Warioware, Cruis'n Blast, Ni No Kuni 2
3DS: Metroid Samus Returns
Steam: Horizon Zero Dawn, Deathloop, Tales of Arise
PS5: Spiderman, Ghosts of Tsushima
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, Monkey Ball, SMTV

Jesus is Lord.

kkslider5552000

I do agree its highly questionable, but I've had a theory on why Gamefreak is doing this, which if I'm right, I kinda get why they would do it.

So one of the reasons Sword and Shield was so divisive is that it was way too similar to previous Pokemon games, to the point of not feeling like an epic HD 60 dollar adventure, but instead a 3DS game with somewhat better graphics. But then you have the wild area which is...not that, but also has its own issues and looks kinda janky and instantly dated. AFAIK anyway. So if you wanted the classic style Pokemon game, they clearly compromised some things so they could add the wild area. And if the wild area is what you wanted, its only part of the game.

So I kinda wonder if their idea to appeal to all their fans and/or to see how they should approach the series going forward...is to create two games in the same region. One of which is a very safe, familiar, one to one remake of 4th gen. The other is a fundamentally different take and a far riskier, more ambitious game in the same region. And because they've separated classic Pokemon from this wild area take on it this time, and they've put out 2 HD games already, in theory it should not take as much time to get this right. And even if you don't want one of them, you might want the other! (and some will buy both anyway)

I don't have a better theory anyway, unless they're doubling down on releasing games quickly.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic