Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,901 to 58,920 of 69,962

JaxonH

You guys gotta see this. Jaffe gets absolutely roasted, and deservedly so…

And then again, for his new take, it gets even more embarrassing lol

This is comedy gold, and will go down in the archives of gaming history for us all to laugh at for years to come. He’s a one of a kind meme generator lol

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

Those videos just make me afraid of getting older. Remind me to stop playing action games by 50.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

rallydefault

Who is that dude? I kinda stopped caring about all this social media stuff.

rallydefault

Ralizah

David Jaffe has gone from being an influential game designer to a has-been clickbait youtuber who can only get people thinking about him again by saying outrageous things on the internet.

Case in point:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/09/twisted_metal_creator...

However, he then shifts focus somewhat to claiming he could damage Sony by sharing dirt on them. In some fairly bizarre threats, he says: "I know things. I know where the bodies are buried. Hell, I know who pulled the trigger before they buried the f*cking bodies. I’m not saying I’m going to give sh*t away that’s going to hurt people, because I don’t want to be a dick, but… you should’ve called. You should’ve called."

The Twisted Metal creator then goes on to stress how he made two franchises for Sony and claims what he has said on YouTube has always been "honest and accurate". "Let’s say this — and I would never reveal these things — but let’s just say that you’re morons Sony if you think that a lot of your meetings are unrecorded and unshared out in the world, because that’s not the case. But I would never share that."

The guy going full DarkSydePhil on Metroid Dread was designed to get a bunch of angry nerds to make videos about him to spread his name and channel around, I'm sure, so... mission accomplished?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Haha ya, maybe. But he made himself the laughing stock of the gaming community to do it, so… 😁

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Gamer83

David Jaffe created some of my favorite game series in Twisted Metal and God of War. Disappointing to see what a moron he really is.

Gamer83

FragRed

This isn’t the first time influential game designers have revealed who they really are to the world and it won’t be the last.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

skywake

@JaxonH
Your's certainly makes my collection look pretty small. I probably have a similar number of Wii games as you, maybe half the number of Wii U and DS games. 3DS and Switch but.... oof...

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

JaxonH

@Giancarlothomaz
Was probably waiting for a QTE to break the ceiling with a cutscene 😉

Oh, did you see how he was jumping and shooting horizontally like it's 1987 lol? You'd think he was playing Mega Man.

@skywake
Even half that amount is still a pretty sizeable number. I try to only buy good games I have interest in (no interest in buying a game just to have on the shelf- there are certainly games I've bought and never played, but all of them were games that I was curious about or had at least some interest in). The question is where the line gets drawn. Do you only buy the top 10%? That would amount to around 1,000 games. Top 5%? That would be the top 500 games. Given how many games I have, I'd estimate the line was drawn around the top 5% mark.

But the lower you move that threshold the more purified your collection becomes. The top 2% (200 games) or top 1% (100 games) will have a higher average score (not necessarily MC though probably that too, but I mean personal scores you ascribe).

Nothing wrong with keeping it pure. There's probably a good 50 games or so, the bottom of the barrel of my collection, that I feel I could sell and wouldn't really miss.

Edited on by JaxonH

Banjo-

I have a Switch Lite. I am tempted by Switch OLED but since Switch is over 4 years old and was outdated back then, I expect its successor to be released in 2022. What do you think (honestly) about the upcoming Switch Advance (I like that name). 2022...?

Banjo-

JaxonH

I don't see it.

We know a new Switch will eventually release. But at the bare minimum I think we're looking at 2 more years

2017- Switch v1
2019- Switch v2 + Lite
2021- Switch OLED
2023- ???

If it's another revision, it'll release fall 2023 and last another 2 yrs until Switch 2 in 2025. If it's the next system, I expect a fall 2023 announcement (just like what they did with Switch) and a March 2024 release.

I think expecting a new system next year is wishful thinking more than evidence based. Not only would a 2022 release mean a 5 yr cycle which is extremely short and bordering on Wii U cycle length, when Nintendo specifically stated they want to increase lifespan of the Switch, it also contradicts the 2 yr revision lifespan pattern we've observed to date.

But, who knows. That's my take. I'm sure I'm not changing anyone's mind anyways- ppl will think what they want regardless.

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Switch launched in March 2017, a holiday 2022 release would be closer to 6 years than 5 years and GB is the only Nintendo system where a successor has launched more than 6 years after a system came out.

I think it'll come down to BotW 2, whenever that launches being when the new hardware launches. If it stays on track for 2022 then holiday release for both, if it needs extra time then around March 2023 for both.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

If I had to bet, I wouldn't bet on 2022. While I don't think any single factor affects Nintendo's ultimate decision of when to go next-gen, the Switch launched almost right in the middle of the PS4/XB1 cycle, and this seemed to work as well as it could in terms of giving it the market attention. When Wii U came out people were already anticipating the PS4 which came a year later, immediately relegating Nintendo's 'next-gen' console to 'last-gen' status in a lot of eyes. 2022 is still inside the PS5's growth phase when Sony will be pushing. Wait another year or so and PS5 buzz will have steadied (I know console sales continue to climb into yr. 4 typically, but the buzz phase comes before that).

And the Switch has been selling too well for them to commit to jumping in 2022.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Banjo-

Many interesting replies. @Grumblevolcano That's right, late 2022 would be six years later and I also think that the date might be related to BotW2 somehow, even if the game has a "Switch" version as well, like Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild before it.

@gcunit, Yep, Wii U was the first home console of last generation but one year later consoles that were a generation ahead were released. Nintendo released three different consoles last generation, wow.

Banjo-

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
3DS lasted more than 6 years and that was the last portable, and Nintendo said they wanted to extend. So take 6 years and extend it and you're looking at 7-8 yrs. 2024 earliest, maybe March 2025.

@gcunit
Precisely. Switch will still be topping 20 million units next year. It's one thing to strike before disinterest ensues, its another to strike prematurely.

Edited on by JaxonH

aresius

after have seen the port of dying light being so great now I have more hope for the port of kingdom Come: Deliverance (pretty sure all of you have forgot about this game coming on switch) and will be handle by SABER INTERACTIVE they are good in porting staff to Switch

Edited on by aresius

aresius

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Both the 3DS and Wii U's successor is the Switch which launched March 2017 (6 years after 3DS launch). Successor launched with the old system still being supported for some time (similar thing happened with GBA -> DS and DS -> 3DS). I do think the crossgen window this time would be both systems get the same 1st party games for a certain amount of time and then the Switch dropped rather than Switch getting games that aren't playable on the successor.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

At least if, as I expect, any Switch successor is fully BC, it would make it much easier to trade-in the Switch towards it ...

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic