Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,081 to 58,100 of 58,813

JaxonH

Mario Golf drops tomorrow alongside Tony Hawk, right?

I'm ready. Mario Golf World Tour on 3DS was surprisingly excellent, and this one does it bigger and better in practically every way. The fact we now have motion via gyro is such a nice addition, though button controls are still viable. It's how I played on 3DS.

This Fri-Sun is gonna be a sporty video game weekend, with Mario Golf and Tony Hawk skateboarding, oh, and Monster riding. That's a sport, right? Pretty sure that's a sport.

And there's Neo: TWEWY demo, which also drops tomorrow it seems. Wow.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: MH Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Neo TWEWY
3DS: MH Stories, Metroid Samus Returns
PC/SteamDeck: Mass Effect Legendary Ed.
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast

Jesus is Lord.

Blooper987

Just finished the girl who stands behind.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I loved it so much!!!
From beginning to end it had me hooked! Can’t wait to start The Missing Heir!!!

NYEH!!! Prepare to be amazed. Fall to your knees. I am Himiko Yumeno, the Ultimate Mage. But... I'm officially called the Ultimate Magician.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Most reviews I'm reading of this Mario Golf would definitely disagree with your "bigger and better" adjectives as compared to World Tour. Sadly, this game seems to be smaller and meh...er.

rallydefault

DarthNocturnal

Didn't Aces start off that way or something? I remember it being kind of a mixed bag at launch, according to others. It's what made me pass on getting it until the MAR10 sales this year (and I like most of what I've played of Adventure so far).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
I loved Aces. Never understood the hate. Maybe people expect RPG sized campaigns? Not really sure.

The one thing Mario Golf seems to lack is number of courses. Pretty sure World Tour had more. But that aside, everything else looks great. Even more compelling than Aces (and in a sport I find far more entertaining to play).

But ya, it's getting free characters and courses which hey, I'm all about it. Even if we just get 2 extra courses, that puts it much closer to being in line with the last entry. Hopefully they'll drop a season pass on us though. I'd love to grab an extra 6 courses on top of all that like in World Tour.

PLAYING
NS: MH Stories 2, Zelda Skyward Sword, Neo TWEWY
3DS: MH Stories, Metroid Samus Returns
PC/SteamDeck: Mass Effect Legendary Ed.
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Dread, SMTV, Monkey Ball, Cruis'n Blast

Jesus is Lord.

rallydefault

@DarthNocturnal
Yea, I think so. Aces never really grew from that, though, and I played a lot of it (even played some
yesterday, actually). It's a bit dead online now depending on time of day and type of tournament you want to play. Definitely not one of those success stories where a game grows and finds new legs after it releases and sees some added free content.

I know Aces added some weekly-type "missions/quests" and they did an admirable job with adding some characters, but the actual game didn't expand unless I'm forgetting a new mode or courts or something other than those rotating missions.

Aces was definitely better than the one on Wii U, though. But based on reviews, it just seems Super Rush is semi phoned-in as well, which is disappointing. And I'm totally off the Jaxon hype and hyperbole train lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

Looking back, Mario Tennis on console never really did campaigns anyway. It was mostly just the portable games (and I think even that stopped eventually). So, Aces is already kind of ahead in that sense.

They should add a Zelda BotW-inspired course. Let Link hit the links for once.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Ryu_Niiyama

Has anyone seen the Sakuna thread? I am guessing it was removed? Wanted to discuss post game with the three of us that play it lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

TheJGG

@Ryu_Niiyama If you've seen the NL feedback and suggestions thread Ant just added a new feature; if you have a thread with 50 or more replies, and the OP's account is deleted, NL's account will take control of the thread and nothing'll change. It could be that the Sakuna thread had less than 50 replies and the OP's account was deleted. In which case start a new one.

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Ryu_Niiyama

@TheJGG Aww, I think the thread went away before this change but still good to know. Sucks though cuz I wrote a book in there. I might make a new thread but not sure if it will move as much as the first one did. Thank you!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

TheJGG

@Ryu_Niiyama Sorry to hear that; I'd hate for longer posts to get deleted as well. You can make it up by writing another novel as the OP for the new Sakuna thread! Hope that goes well.

Nintendo Fan Soundtrack II - Xenoblade Novel

NintendoLife’s number one motorsport fan.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Ralizah

Good time to be a Falcom fan on Nintendo consoles. Both of the Crossbell games are getting localized on Switch in 2022 and 2023. Additionally, the next Trails game, Trails into Reverie, is also confirmed to be coming to Switch in 2023. And some spinoff RPG called The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails is also confirmed for 2023.

So that's one Trails game next year and three (!) Trails game in 2023.

Most Anticipated Games
Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch)
Breath of the Wild 2 (Switch)
The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles (Switch)
Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re-Boot Camp (Switch)
Metroid Dread (Switch)

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault There was that interview where Nintendo said the gigantic success of Animal Crossing New Horizons was going to change the way they approached games in general (not just Animal Crossing).

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/04/nintendos_president...

So I'd guess multiplayer games in general will use the New Horizons model.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@Ralizah Seeing Nihon Falcom commit more games to the Switch makes me warm and fuzzy. Better late than never I always say. And to see a publisher usually synonymous with the Playstation brand showing the Switch some love feels good.
Untitled

Switch Physical Collection - 766 games (as of July 24th, 2021)
Currently playing: Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

rallydefault

@Grumblevolcano
And in general the model that most of the gaming industry seems to now follow: Release your game even if it's a bit light on content, promise more content for the future... profit?

Eh, leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It's just weird that Super Rush seems to offer less of almost everything than its predecessor. I was totally gonna buy it today, but honestly I think I'm gonna go for Legend of Mana instead or maybe even Crash 4 which I still need to get. If they wanna release games and then add content later, I guess I can't stop them, but I can hold onto my money until the game is more complete.

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault I totally agree. The only Mario sports games to hold my attention were the GBC / GBA ones, which were all packed with far more content than the modern ones.

I'll probably end up getting Tony Hawk soon... Plus I still need to finish P5 Strikers and get New Pokemon Snap. No reason to even consider getting this, or Mario Party which will be on a similar sitch. Or Skyward Sword for that matter.

Heck, even Warioware and Advance Wars, two series I'd usually jump on, will be competing hard for my time this year with the fantastic third party releases. NEO:TWEWY, Outer Wilds, Great Ace Attorney, No More Heroes 3, SMT V, Danganronpa, Life Is Strange, MH Stories 2, Super Monkey Ball... This is probably the strongest third party year yet on Switch. And that's not even talking about 1st half titles like BD II or MH Rise.

Edit: forgot the two Pokemon games coming up too... Looks like those are the first ones I'll be skipping. At the very least I won't get them at launch for the first time... Ever basically. Dread is guaranteed though, no way I'm missing that.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Magician

@link3710

Yeah, as the Switch closes in on that "100 million consoles sold" benchmark before the end of the year, the volume of third party support will only continue to get better and better.

Switch Physical Collection - 766 games (as of July 24th, 2021)
Currently playing: Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

link3710

@Magician It fascinates me, because the last two times this happened with Nintendo (DS and Wii), the game quality dropped off sharply from 3rd party releases after awhile. I think the last system I owner that was getting good third party support this late in it's life would be either the GBA or the SNES.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic