Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,061 to 58,080 of 69,981

jump

I'm just gonna repeat myself as I know people aren't that excited at the idea of Game Boy games but the Game Boy version of Donkey Kong is legit fantastic and is a must play if it comes to the Switch. You start playing it and think it's just a port of the arcade game in black and white but then after a couple of levels you see they decided to have a party and crank it upto 11. I'd even argue it's Nintendo's most overlooked game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

@jump

That's no lie, Donkey Kong '94 is legit an amazing game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Maaryotyme

It’s coming. Although I played them on the Gameboy play via gamecube and everdrive. It’s the least effort from Nintendo so seems likely

Maaryotyme

Ralizah

The sad thing is my extensive GB/GBC collection on 3DS will probably be way better than the end result on NSO. I expect the first-party lineup to be incomplete and most major third-party releases to be missing, like with NSO's NES and SNES lineups.

I'm over waiting for official re-releases of ancient games at this point. I'm just going to emulate what I want, and, where possible, buy them in official collections (since VC is dead).

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

@Grumblevolcano

I assume requiring FIFA games be given a 18+ age rating in Europe would have a greater impact than it would on Pokemon. It's fair to say most folks playing Pokemon video games are over the age of 30. So by giving Pokemon a 18+ age rating wouldn't slow sales.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Yup. 3DS is my go to for retro.

I installed custom VC of every SNES and GBA game worth playing. Even installed Tetris NES, a color version of Return of Samus, and a color version of 6 Golden Coins. It's got everything I could ever want, every fan translation, you name it.

And it looks way better on the 240p 3DS screen.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Arlo is terribly misinformed. He should have done research before making a sales video.

He claims Switch will only do 18m this FY, and that logic ultimately led him to conclude it needs 20m per year for next 3 years, and thus, it can’t top PS2.

But the actual truth is, Switch just had the best quarter in its entire lifespan barring the C19 bump, twice that of the next best corresponding quarter from 2017 or 2018 or 2019. It’s on track to hit near 25m this FY, not 18. It’s possible it only does 23 or so, but either way, we’re looking at 110m or close to by the end of the 5 year mark. Meaning… it only needs to average 15m per year for last 3 years. Not 20. And it still hasn’t seen a price drop, it’ll still have one solid revision left to boost momentum, and it’ll likely do at least 5m the first year and maybe even the second year after the successor releases, just like 3DS did.

His analysis was uncharacteristically ill-informed. Not saying it’s a guarantee it’ll reach the PS2 but the analysis necessarily changes when you make bogus predictions of 18m in a year it’s set to do 5-8m higher than that.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

link3710

@Magician FIFA games won't be 18+. The 18+ rating is only for games that teach how 'real world' gambling works (AKA, any game that teaches blackjack, poker, slots, etc). Gambling with real money on games that wouldn't work IRL is still okay.

link3710

JaxonH

Get ready.

We've got Sonic Colors, WarioWare Get It Together and Cruis'n Blast all releasing in the next two weeks.

That should be enough to get us through the 2-3 week stretch between Cruis'n Blast and Monkey Ball + Metroid Dread.

I'm really eager to play these games. I just wish the OLED Switch was releasing now. WarioWare looks insanely good on my OLED TV. It's hard to describe how hard the colors pop. You'd have to see it to understand. I think Cruis'n Blast with its liberal use of neons will be the real trophy piece though

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

We've got Sonic Colors, WarioWare Get It Together and Cruis'n Blast all releasing in the next two weeks.
though

I hate to say it, but I feel like Cruis'n Blast is the Daemon X Machina of this list.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

FragRed

@JaxonH @kkslider5552000 For a game IP that’s owned by Nintendo, even though it’s neither developed or published by them, there’s not a huge amount of buzz from Nintendo’s social media marketing wise.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
I expected that. Cruis'n Blast never struck me as a million seller. But who knows. If it turns out to be really fun and gets good word of mouth, it could do it.

Either way, I'm not expecting a sequel so, it's success seems rather moot.

@FragRed
It is strange they haven't mentioned it at all. Strange indeed.

FragRed

@JaxonH I’m hoping they start to ramp it up now it’s September, because I want to see it do well (assuming it’s decent enough in the fun department). Not sure what sales figures it needs to do in order to be a success for the publishers/developers but I do want that idea to bring the first arcade games to the Switch to come to fruition.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo out of nowhere announced a new Big Brain Academy for December 3rd.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Welp, there goes September’s Direct big new game reveal

gcunit

Bit of a sleep-inducing trailer.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

A new Big Brain Academy, eh? Interesting. Although I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen a Murican release for Dr. Kawashima's Brain Training that Europe got almost two years ago.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic