Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 58,101 to 58,120 of 69,964

Grumblevolcano

I wonder if this is why the physical version in Europe got delayed by a month.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Doubt it because those discs and cartridges are likely already printed.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

jump

I’m just gonna drop this twitter account here, it is dedicated to Mario facts and weird tidbits, a lot of is based on glitches in games, which has been entertaining me for the last year or so.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

HotGoomba

@IceClimbers hopefully there's a patch on September 7th that fixes these issues.

The link on my profile got even worse.

Don't click on it.

Or you can, at your own risk.

HotGoomba

IceClimbers wrote:

Soo yeah I'd definitely be skipping Sonic Colors Ultimate for the time being. There's a LOT of issues with it.

Unfortunately I bought the Digital Deluxe Edition of it...

https://gamerant.com/sonic-colors-ultimate-switch-glitches/

Appears that most of the glitches was on an experimental Switch emulator.

Don't click on it.

Magician

Evidently, the developer responsible for the Switch port of WWE 2K18 handled the Switch port of Sonic Colors Ultimate. Take from that what you will.
https://blindsquirrelentertainment.com/

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

I’ve had zero problems with Sonic Colors on Switch. All I can do is report my personal experience with the game, and after completing the first world, it’s been flawless thus far. And, I don’t recall people who reviewed the gaming running into many issues either.

Cruis’n Blast Interview Excerpts

Since the Cruis’n series has a history of appearing first on arcades and then consoles, was that always the plan for Blast as well? How long has the Switch port been in the works?

To be honest we hadn’t really thought about consoles until the pandemic hit, and all the arcades shut down. And then we’re like – dude how do we make the payroll next week? So just for fun our ace Cruis’n Blast coder gets a Switch dev kit and has the thing up-and-running in like a week. The graphics and frame rate were impressive. Couldn’t believe it. So we decided to make it happen! Players have been hammering us for years to get a Cruis’n Blast on the Switch – so how about a new business model? – give ‘em what they want!

What will the frame rate and resolution be in docked and portable modes?

Cruis’n Blast’s frame rate is solid 60 FPS for single player in both docked and portable modes. For two-, three- and four-player split-screen modes, the game runs at 60-30 FPS in both docked and portable modes. The game always runs at the Switch’s maximum resolution, 1080p when docked and 720p when in portable mode.

What do you imagine for the future of Cruis’n?

There’s an old saying that in this forever disposable world, a game coder is only as good as your last line of code (or in the case of an artist, your last pixel!)! So who knows what might happen. One idea would be to do a Switch retro-cade type thing and bring back the classic Cruis’n arcade trilogy – at full HD arcade resolution and 60Hz frame rates on the Switch. 30+ tracks! All 3 theme songs!!!!! “Cruis’n, Cruis’n the World, Yeah Yeah!”. “Cruis’n Exotica – can you dig it?”. I can’t wait…

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@HotGoomba
Unbelievable. They played on an emulator then tried using emulator issues to FUD the official Switch release?

Can’t trust anyone these days.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

jump

@Magician In fairness the non-Switch versions of WWE 1K18 were also broken buggy messes too.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Anti-Matter

@jump
I have never heard there was a wrestling game on year 1K18 (1018). 😛

Anti-Matter

HotGoomba

Anti-Matter wrote:

@HotGoomba
Will you consider Sonic Colour Wii version instead ?

Wasn't at all the point of my comment, but no.

Magician wrote:

Evidently, the developer responsible for the Switch port of WWE 2K18 handled the Switch port of Sonic Colors Ultimate. Take from that what you will.

I'd say that that would be a bad sign, if the game wasn't already released and the game apparently runs fine besides a few smaller glitches and a few that turned out to be from an emulator.

JaxonH wrote:

@HotGoomba
Unbelievable. They played on an emulator then tried using emulator issues to FUD the official Switch release?

Can’t trust anyone these days.

A bit sad that people will go to these lengths to diminish a game's credibility.

Don't click on it.

IceClimbers

@HotGoomba @JaxonH One of the reported glitches (a Sonic t-pose glitch) was due to playing it on Yuzu.

There are other examples of glitches, including the seizure type visual glitches, that are proven to have occurred on the actual hardware.

Just because one glitch was fake doesn't mean all of them are.

Edit: Here's proof.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

@IceClimbers
I never said none of the glitches were real. I'm well aware at least one is. I don't need to be shown "proof" of anything because I never made any claim to the contrary in the first place.

But it's a far cry from what's been going around. One glitch you have to intentionally go out of your way to activate vs mass hysteria from claims of being a broken, unplayable mess. Especially having played the game myself. I would have zero hesitation recommending the game to someone else. At least on Switch. Other platforms have save issues, it seems.

Edited on by JaxonH

HotGoomba

@IceClimbers I said MOST glitches not all, I'm fully aware that there are legitimate glitches, I'm just pointing out that some aren't legit

Don't click on it.

Magician

(my birthday present to myself is slowly getting out of hand)

So I'm browsing AmazonJP and Play-Asia in search of games to add to my next import order. Come to find that the release schedule for September and October combined is...staggering. At a glance, I might be ordering ten or more Japan exclusives. I'm as out of control as a Randy Savage promo.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

@Anti-Matter

Would've been interested if the Japanese version supported English.

But...alas.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic