Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,881 to 57,900 of 69,981

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature I don't think you'll hear much hate. Legends is looking pretty good. Better than I expected.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

MsJubilee

Solid Pokemon direct. The games look great.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Anti-Matter

Pokemon Brilliant Diamond first for sure since i like Blue color scheme.
Btw, what are the exclusives from Diamond / Pearl before ?

Anti-Matter

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah I thought legends looked great when they first revealed it lol. I know it had some mixed reactions from people though.

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

It was a solid Pokemon Presents though the mobile section was really obnoxious. That part felt as out of place as the Commander Keen mobile game did at Bethesda E3 2019.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Legends still looks a little rough, but definitely a massive improvement from the first reveal. It seems to be in a playable state now. I'm liking it. And I appreciate Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl offering a more traditional handheld Pokémon experience just 2 months prior. So you can go with whichever you prefer more. Or both.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

BruceCM

Quite nice looking Switch Lite for Diamond & Pearl, too ...... No good to me but I'm sure some here will be getting one!

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

IceClimbers

Legends Arceus looks much more polished compared to the initial reveal. Makes me wonder if that footage was from an older build that wasn't current at the time.

Gameplay wise they clearly took notes not just from BotW, but from Monster Hunter too, which makes me very excited to play this.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Giancarlothomaz

@IceClimbers acording to Centro Pokémon, the first trailer of Pokémon Legend Arceus was from a dezembre 2020 build(that why, it have some serious framerate issue, now the current Pokémon Legend Arceus gameplay is from a recent build of the game).

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

JaxonH

So, it seems Disney Classic Games Collection is finally coming to Switch, per a new rating. And apparently it includes The Jungle Book now too. (Think I confused this with Afternoon Collection- this is the one with Lion King and Aladdin)

And Quake Remastered from Bethesda also got rated for Switch. Right on.

Also seems to be a new physical release of Doom 2016, Doom 1, Doom 2, Doom 3 and Doom 64. But I suspect there will be download codes for all the older titles.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

TheFrenchiestFry

I guess this means non-Microsoft consoles are still getting legacy content then? It could be just an extension of Nintendo and Microsoft's working relationship together but it's interesting stuff like this is happening while they've basically all but completely confirmed that Bethesda's entire future slate of games will be completely Xbox-exclusive

EDIT: Oh damn the rating actually lists PS4 and PS5 as platforms too. Looks like PlayStation might be getting legacy Bethesda stuff for the forseeable future while all the new games go completely Xbox-exclusive

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

JaxonH

They'll almost certainly add Gyro to Quake on Switch. Bethesda has done so for pretty much every single Switch release, barring Doom 3. But Doom 1, Doom 2, Doom 64, Doom 2016, Doom Eternal, Wolfenstein 2, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Skyrim... they've all included Gyro.

What's up next in the lineup... Sonic Colors, No More Heroes 3, Cruis'n Blast and WarioWare? After that, it's the countdown to OLED, Metroid and Monkey Ball. I bet Monkey Ball is gonna look so good on that OLED screen, too. It's super colorful like 1st party games. I remember Banana Splitz on Vita looked pretty dang good despite being sub-HD.

Edited on by JaxonH

Magician

@JaxonH

What's up next you ask? I've got my eyes on King's Bounty II's release early next week. I usually don't spring $60 for blind purchases, but I feel KB II is going to be special. Perhaps it could give FE:TH a run for its money?

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@Magician
I've got a copy pre-ordered, but I don't expect it to be on that kind of level.

Most previews I've read say it's good, not great. Production values are definitely on point, but story and dialog are supposedly meh.

We'll see though. I hope it's great.

Edited on by JaxonH

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Doubt it's just "new IP".

Pretty sure it's just anything they deem valuable enough. A remaster of Quake isn't exactly going to be a system seller. But the next Elder Scrolls, the next Doom, the next Wolfenstein, the new Starfield, etc. That'll all be Xbox/PC (hopefully Steam, specifically).

Edited on by JaxonH

Ralizah

Quake... eh.

I'd love to see the older Fallout games on Switch. 1, 2, 3, and NV should all be able to run well on the platform. And, IMO, they're all way better games than FO4 was, anyway.

@JaxonH Still blows my mind that the Disney Afternoon Collection still hasn't come to the Switch. It's a collection of NES ROMs, and literally every other major platform has access to it.

I'm holding out for the Switch version on principle at this point. There's ZERO reason for this collection not to be on the Switch.

And considering previous DOOM, Wolfenstein, etc. games have been on Steam, I don't see why they'd stop now. Microsoft is pretty darn friendly with Steam. I think the Halo collection is even on Steam, right?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Yup. Halo Master Chief Collection (and soon Halo Infinite), Gears of War 5, Gears Tactics, Forza Horizon 4 (and soon Forza Horizon 5), and plenty others. Hellblade, Ori, Flight Sim, etc.

I have no interest in Afternoon Collection for anything other than a pocketable handheld. Those aren't games I want blown up on a TV. I can already play them on Win 2, but I don't care about them enough to carry a separate device for them. If they're on Switch? Ya I'll take a trip down memory lane. Otherwise, I've got other stuff to play.

I'm going to agree about wanting Fallout, particularly Fallout 3 and New Vegas. But Quake Remastered is, I think, still a proper get. I like the old school FPS, especially with gyro. Duke Nykem and Doom 64 are particularly great. I like the original two Doom games also but, I think I like Doom 64 and Duke Nukem more. Now, if only we could get the original Wolfenstein on Switch. I'd actually REALLY like Wolfenstein New Order- it wasn't designed ground up for 8th gen consoles like the sequel so it would look and run more like other 7th generation ports, and frankly, it's a better game than the sequel too. But, Steam Deck will offer both Wolfenstein New Order and Fallout 3 and New Vegas, with Gyro. Would prefer on Switch Lite (the best system ever made for FPS with Gyro, hands down) but Deck will do.

TheFrenchiestFry

Damn AND Quake 2 and 3 are on Game Pass now too in addition to the remaster. Pretty nice all around

I'd personally love Fallout Tactics on Switch. I have all the major Fallout, Elder Scrolls and Doom games on Steam and PC is where I typically play Bethesda games by default, but Tactical games on the Switch feel so right

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic