Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,901 to 57,920 of 69,963

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH Phil Spencer worded it vague enough that there's lots of room for interpretation. It could even be that Microsoft change what the comment means as time goes on to line up with how Game Pass is doing.

As for Steam, I'm very sure Xbox Game Studios games will continue to be released day 1 on Steam. I honestly see Microsoft also convincing Valve to put Game Pass on Steam.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
I'm just going by common sense of, you don't spend billions of dollars on an acquisition just to release big games that were already previously multiplatform as... multiplatform. Bethesda is now no different than any other MS 1st party studio. And I expect the same policy with all their 1st party studios across the board. Exceptions might be made for smaller games, as they've always done.

That said, long before the Bethesda buyout, Spencer said future games from their acquisitions would not go multiplat. And aside from older games and smaller titles, I fully expect that to be the case.

I actually agree about Gamepass on Steam. Spencer took a trip to Valve HQ and had a discussion with Gabe. About what, nobody knows. But he did make a post about having Steam Deck for a week and really liking it.

I suspect he wants Gamepass on Steam. And will likely use their exclusives as leverage- either all their games are sold on Steam, but Gamepass members can download and play for free, or all exclusives are pulled from Steam. Which I don't think Valve would want to see happen. Ppl with Gamepass aren't buying those games on Steam anyways so it's a good deal for Valve. Having Xbox exclusives on the Deck as hybrid versions is a major selling point.

Right now my bro is convinced he's going to install Windows on Steam Deck to access Gamepass. I don't think Valve wants ppl doing that if they can help it. Yes they give the option, but as Gabe said, you don't compete by walling people off, you compete by offering a better ecosystem so they want to use your platform. Valve will want Gamepass on the Deck.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano How would putting Game Pass on Steam even work? As far as I know, they're separate launchers.

Although it would be cool to be able to launch Game Pass games on Steam, since you'd able to easily use whatever controller you wanted with them instead of using awkward third party tools like InputMapper.

And, boy, SteamDeck having access to GamePass by default would be something. Granted, I'm sure people will still find ways to load up GamePass on SteamDeck, but I mean having it integrated as part of the SteamOS.

@JaxonH No, it's a good addition, but IMO gyro works way better with modern shooters where you have free aim. I tried playing OG DOOM on Switch and didn't enjoy it at all because the sticks weren't sufficiently sensitive enough to make me feel like I was able to aim properly.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

jump

This was at an AEW show and made me laugh.

Untitled

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

@jump When your hot takes aren't getting enough attention on twitter, I guess.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
The first two Doom games and 64 only let you aim horizontally and in that case, ya, it's not the best. I appreciate it but, aiming on one axis isn't really a problem that needs solving.

Quake, on the other hand, is like Duke Nukem 3D and has full 2-axis aiming with gyro, not just horizontal. So it really does make the experience substantially better.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

Youtubers Life 2 gameplay trailer.

It looks waaaaaay.... MUCH BETTER than Youtubers Life 1 OMG edition. 😲😲😲

Anti-Matter

MarioBrickLayer

Ralizah wrote:

@JaxonH Still blows my mind that the Disney Afternoon Collection still hasn't come to the Switch. It's a collection of NES ROMs, and literally every other major platform has access to it.

I wonder if this will ever get a release? I'd love a physical copy. Did it get a physical release on other platforms?

MarioBrickLayer

Anti-Matter

I saw some trends about games for kids on Nintendo Switch and other consoles recently.
Looks like MergeGames, OG Games, Microids, Team 17, PQube, etc are the publisher who published a lot of games for kids and casual gamers.
Kudos for all of them. 👍
We need more games for kids on Switch and other consoles.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

Goodness.

It took 33 years for a company to fully sweep the JP top 30. And now Switch has done it two weeks in a row??? Legendary.

Seems a WarioWare demo is out. Perfect for the weekend!

JaxonH

Nice trailer.

We also got a thorough look at Crysis 3 on Switch from Digital Foundry. Looks great.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic