Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,401 to 57,420 of 69,981

gcunit

Wouldn't surprise me if Metroid Prime 4 becomes a cross-gen release like BotW was. Release Prime trilogy in the final 18 months of Switch, then blow fans away with a really eye-catching MP4 on Switch 2.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

link3710

@JaxonH Based on what data? Nintendo has only ever released a single title with the word trilogy in it. It sounds like you're claiming Trilogy makes a difference solely because you want it to make a difference, not based on any measurable information.

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
They put the word Trilogy on it because that's what it is. Three consecutively numbered games with continuity in the storyline. How many other trilogies they have is irrelevant to the fact there is a distinction between a Trilogy and a random assortment.

You seem to be taking this a little too seriously.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 Well if you release the NES/SNES titles separately from collections then re-releasing the collection intact would decrease sales/subscriptions related to the NES/SNES separate releases or vice versa.

So either a new collection gets created without the NES/SNES games or the games get released separately.

In the case of Zelda and the Switch, if the rumour of WWHD and TPHD being bundled ends up being true I could honestly see them bundle OoT3D and MM3D (of course it would be HD instead of 3D but Miitopia shows Nintendo's willing to HD remaster 3DS games).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano ...I am so confused? What's are you even talking about? I said that Metroid Prime would be rereleased as a standalone title, what's does that have to do with the Zelda games? I was just showing examples of Zelda rereleases as points. I don't have any opinion on Zelda rereleases atm... I'm genuinely not sure what the argument is.

@JaxonH Eh not really, I'm just thinking you expecting Nintendo to take their own games seriously that don't have Mario in the title is asking for disappointment. Whether it's a trilogy it not has little bearing on what they think will be most fiscally profitable. If they'll make more money off just 1 they'll do that, and if it's all 3 they'll do that.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

JaxonH

@link3710
I acknowledged the possibility, what more do you want me to say?

I think the probability we see individual titles instead of the Trilogy is pretty slim. Maybe I'm wrong but that's my belief. And it doesn't seem to be just my speculation but info from half a dozen others with contacts claiming it will be the Trilogy.

But, maybe not. Who cares? We'll find out in due time.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Haruki_NLI

So.

Dying Light is coming in October.

Neat.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Right on! I own Dying Light on Steam- it's fun. Let's just hope it's a quality port.

There’s also support for HD Rumble, gyro aiming, motion controls, touchscreen, and local/online co-op

Clearly they're putting in effort.

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Looks like it may well be a 720p/900p at 30fps deal with reduced detail. If so, great. Its an open world after all. That'd be damn fine.

Plus, all DLC included? Cool. No download required for a physical version? We shall see, because this is a lot of game.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Magician

@Haruki_NLI

As long as the base game for Dying Light is all on cartridge, I can live with DLC being an optional download. I can only hope that the $50 msrp is proof positive a 16 GB cartridge is being used and Techland aren't cheapening out by asking customers to download a significant chunk of the base game.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ralizah

New Danganronpa Decadence trailer. No real new information, though. Love the cover art.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Zuljaras

@Magician for 50$ the whole Platinum edition should be on the cartridge If it is 16GB and the whole compression of the assets to fit the Switch power it is possible.

And they could go the route of The Outer Worlds. Fitting the whole game on the cartridge and adding the HD graphics as a patch.

Ralizah

New copies of Catherine: Full Body are on sale at Gamestop for $15. Pretty amazing deal.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

$15 for Catherine is a steal and a half, especially given unlike the PS4 version the DLC content is on the game card from the start

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Dogorilla

gcunit wrote:

Wouldn't surprise me if Metroid Prime 4 becomes a cross-gen release like BotW was. Release Prime trilogy in the final 18 months of Switch, then blow fans away with a really eye-catching MP4 on Switch 2.

That's possible but I think it's unlikely bearing in mind the only other cross-gen releases Nintendo has done in recent memory have been on GameCube/Wii and Wii U/Switch, and in both of those cases the new hardware was not a huge jump in power, so the game's performance was more or less the same on both platforms. I'm guessing Switch 2, or whatever they do next, will be significantly more powerful than the current Switch, so if MP4 were cross-gen it would either struggle to run on Switch or fail to show off the capabilities of the new console.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

kkslider5552000

I can't imagine Prime 4 taking that long (even with the restart) nor a Metroid game being the selling point for a brand new system (unless Metroid Dread somehow sells 10 million or something).

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

I’m not convinced it’ll be cross gen.

But I also don’t buy the notion that if it is, that means it has to be the sole system selling software the next generation hinges upon. New systems have a launch window with a number of games, all of which help contribute to the system’s appeal among the core fanbase. For which Metroid Prime 4 would be, well… a prime candidate. Especially after Dread, which I expect to land in the 5 million range, easily. It’s still in the top 100 on Amazon even today.

JaxonH

@Wavey84
I don’t think we’re getting any more Zelda in 2021. I do think Twilight Princess and Windwaker exist and will come at some point… but not soon. Spring if we’re lucky, but after that it’s too close to BotW 2, so it’d be 2023.

Ocarina and MM may never come. I don’t think there’s been any evidence indicating those games are in the works. Not to say it couldn’t happen- Nintendo is the master of surprise after all, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I have played halfways through Ocarina 3D, and it’s really good. I think those games are best played on 3DS, for the 3D, but also because their lower fidelity matches the hardware better. If those games were ever to come to console they would need some serious rework to interest me in playing on the TV. Maybe on the OLED in handheld or on the Lite would look better. Idk. But ya, the 3DS versions are chef’s kiss.

JaxonH

Monster Hunter Stories 2 has broken the 1 million shipped milestone roughly 1 week after release.

Untitled

link3710

@Dogorilla There's also Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team Red & Blue on GBA/DS which definitely didn't show off the DS power, same with Captain Toad (3DS/Switch), and Sushi Strikers (3DS/Switch) for Switch.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic