Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 57,421 to 57,440 of 69,981

Grumblevolcano

@Wavey84 I think at best there'd be a setup of WWHD/TPHD in early 2022 (around February), OoT/MM in summer 2022 (around June/July) and then BotW 2 in November though could see OoT/MM come in 2023 or later. Definitely don't see anymore Zelda happening this year apart from the already announced Game & Watch and Age of Calamity story DLC in November to maximize Skyward Sword HD potential (the original Wii release not only has a rocky legacy but also released at a time after Wii momentum completely plummeted).

I do think OoT/MM on Switch will happen eventually though as Nintendo seems to be one step closer to shutting down 3DS and Wii U:

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/07/nintendo_removing_c...

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

StuTwo

I could see OoT and MM coming to Switch later on (like late 2023 or even later). If we take it for granted that the next Switch will be backwards compatible then why not release a those games - even after “Switch 2” becomes a thing. After all - even with a major renovation they’re not going to be games that can’t run on the existing Switch.

Nintendo did experiment with previous gen ports (like Luigis mansion and Kirbys Epic Yarn) in the extended half life of the 3DS. That was a complete failure but I think there’s plenty of people who would download those games on Switch right now if they were on the eShop.

Backwards compatibility would give that - it makes sense to release every old game you can tarted up into HD onto the Switch eShop if that store is going to be completely compatible with the “Switch 2”

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

Dogorilla

@link3710 That's true. Those games were smaller releases though and not launch games, so I don't think they can really be compared to a potential cross-gen release of Metroid Prime 4 alongside the next console launch.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

BruceCM

Nintendo UK is doing a reward for your platinum points.... Zelda large postcard set, just pay p&p. Anyone in UK likes that, get on it ASAP

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

Oh, cool, @Balta666 .... Didn't know if it was elsewhere

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

gcunit

7 quid to get them to Blighty, and I can't imagine I've earned the platinum points, so I'll pass. They'd only go in a pile/drawer anyway.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

Crazy how there's a very high chance that by the time SMTV launches we'll still know nothing about Bayonetta 3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

If I had a quarter for every time someone informed me that SMT V was "vaporware" or in "development hell"...

Well, I wouldn't be a millionaire, but I might be able to afford a free copy of that vaporware game that's now releasing in November.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TheFrenchiestFry

@Ralizah You could probably reach millionaire status by lumping in the amount of times people said the same thing about most recent Square Enix games

Edited on by TheFrenchiestFry

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

Duboiss

My preorder for Binding of Isaac Repentance got cancelled and I was told there wouldn’t be a physical edition I’m really disappointed

Duboiss

link3710

@NintendoByNature You know something the rest of us don't? I checked the NOA and NOE Twitter and there's nothing there.

link3710

BrazillianCara

On the one hand, I get the feeling that the NES/SNES/Etc. Online apps may last MUCH longer than people may expect, becoming this thing that will be around for multiple generations with an ever-growing catalog.
On the other, if this is true, then said catalog will be mostly limited to Nintendo's first-party titles (which follow their own meticulously-planned and kind-of-frustrating-for-fans schedule) and whatever other obscure stuff they manage to get from smaller developers who agree to their terms and don't own prestigious enough titles/series to sell in compilations later. Hence, what got announced today.

BrazillianCara

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic