Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 56,861 to 56,880 of 70,008

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
And let’s not forget, all of them are HD handheld versions while also offering TV console versions and portable console versions, allowing you to seamlessly switch back and forth among all 3 modes of play.

5 years ago, just getting a single console game to release on Vita or 3DS was considered a major win. And we happily paid another $40 for the privilege, and only sometimes had save transfer tools.

It’s easy to take it for granted now, but each and every game released is like getting a Wii U version and 3DS version combined into one, except the 3DS version is actually HD and looks like the console version (see DQXI on 3DS and how that compares to PS4, then see DQXIS on Switch and how that compares- we’re actually getting handheld versions of console games, not handheld games).

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH that’s why I don’t mind the late ports for many games (don’t like the late announcements though, looking at you activision). We often get the definitive edition on Switch and like you said the hybrid nature of the console can’t be understated.

This is like getting two games in 1. When before you had to buy the game twice (I have the 3ds version of DQ XI) or stream a worse looking version to your tv (vita/vita TV, PSP TV cables). This is the ultimate cross play. Region free (no more buying multiple systems yay!) and Hybrid right out of the box. If western 3rd parties ever catch on, the Switch concept will be the closest thing to an all in one we have ever had. And with the Japanese support we are getting, it is inching its way there.

@Slowdive People try really hard to gatekeep gaming for whatever silly reason, but I will always advocate more games for everyone.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

JaxonH

@Ryu_Niiyama
If the new Switch is as powerful as some suspect, that could build the final bridge we need to get the remaining support. Cause let’s be honest- games are selling like crazy on Switch. If it was easier to get games running, we’d see 80-90% of games releasing on the system. If Switch Pro doesn’t do it, the successor certainly will.

It’s already close to being an all-in-one as far as I’m concerned. It misses a lot of games, but narrowing it down to just the ones I’m interested in, there’s actually not all that much MIA anymore. And the ones that are, they’re getting bespoke entries on Switch (MH World vs MH Rise), or sufficient versions of previous entries (Borderlands 3 vs Borderlands 2). There’s still a few I’d like to see- notably, the Mass Effect Trilogy, but by and large, most games I’m genuinely hyped for make their way to Switch.

Tbh, back in the Wii U generation I didn’t understand the constant complaints about region free. All we heard for five years straight was complaining about the systems not being region free. And at the time, I thought to myself, “sure, there’s maybe one or two games I’d import, but is that worth all this hoopla?”. It felt like unwarranted bickering.

But now… I get it. I totally get it. The reason I get it now is because NSW is so much more successful and it sees so many physical releases in Asia/Japan with English on the cart. That wasn’t really the case last generation. But now? I import all the time. It’s value is indisputable. But last generation that wasn’t evident.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

@JaxonH The Asia benefit is actually new for me this gen as I just only bought JPN systems and JPN games when importing before but it opens up a new avenue for me. I love the robot wars games and I am willing to play in Japanese but the sheer amount of text and my slow reading means it takes F O R E V E R to beat them. Now I can just get the Asian version or even better when they put the multilanguage version on the eshop (which often before meant I had to buy games twice. I have the entire ace attorney series and most of the DQ series in Japanese and English due to the localization differences making them feel different.) I get that. Granted, that is mixed as I was not happy when my Taiko game switched to english text.

I also think region free allows devs to get a better idea of who wants their games outside of Japan. Gamers expect devs to know this but it’s harder to track if you think about it. If all you have is import sites and shipping proxies to go by, how will you know another region likes your game? How many times have Japanese devs been like “we didn’t expect it to be popular in the west”? A lot.

But the ease of access and the eshop make owning whatever the Switch has to offer a breeze and since I am not a physical diehard (I buy what is cheapest) the Switch has rapidly become my largest gaming library. Options and an open market benefit the consumer and profit the company. Win win.

Yeah that’s why I said the switch concept rather than the switch. If Nintendo keeps this idea we should have parity for the most part in a gen or two (I don’t care about Switch Pro rumors. Next Nintendo system I am buying is either a successor, a zelda themed switch or something that plays 3ds games on the tv...whichever comes first). Imo ps5 isn’t that big of a gap over ps4 so Nintendo can catch up and still keep costs down.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Blooper987

This year is already so much better than last year!!! Last year there wasn’t any games that I really loved. Sure I enjoyed a few here and there but I didn’t have a favorite game. This year we have

3D World - An amazing remake of my favorite 3D Mario game.
Famicom Detective Club - Games I never thought would come to America that are absolutely amazing.
Danganronpa decadence - the games I’ve wanted on switch the most ever!!! So hype!!!
DDLC - my favorite horror game coming to consoles finally!
Advance Wars - one of the only Nintendo series I haven’t played an entry in yet. Can’t wait!
Life is strange - first time I’ll experience these games. They look awesome
Metroid dread - this game looks dope and I need to play it ASAP
Great ace attorney - quite possibly my favorite series ever.
Stanley Parable Ultra deluxe - weirdest most zany game ever made being remade

And that’s not even everything. This year is probably one of my favorite years for the switch if not for Nintendo as a whole in quite a while. It’s amazing!

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

JaxonH

This is also my favorite year for Switch. Don’t get me wrong, there hasn’t been a year I didn’t like, but this year is well beyond any other.

2021 Personal Highlights
Persona 5 Strikers
Bravely Default 2
Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
Monster Hunter Rise
Trails of Cold Steel IV
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
Mario Golf: Super Rush
Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1/2
Monster Hunter Stories 2
Neo: The World Ends With You
Zelda Skyward Sword
WarioWare: Get It Together
Metroid Dread
Cruis’n Blast
Shin Megami Tensei V
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Mania
Ni No Kuni 2
Life Is Strange True Colors
Life Is Strange Remastered Collection
Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water

And there’s plenty others I’m interested in (even if they’re not on the ultra-hype list) like Mario Party: Superstars, Advance Wars 1+2 Re-Boot Camp, Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Danganronpa Decadence, etc.

Edited on by JaxonH

kkslider5552000

I cannot overstate how much the rest of the year is made for me. Metroid, Advance Wars, Warioware, No More Heroes, Ace Attorney, TWEWY and a return to classic for Monkey Ball and Mario Party is everything I could've wanted.

Not even including games I don't necessarily want to buy again but am thrilled are back like any classic style 3D Zelda (I love BOTW, but older 3D Zelda is still my favorite type of game genre outside of platformers) and Sonic Colors.

I doubt borderline any of the others I still want will happen but maybe Megaman Legends 3, anything Golden Sun, more Rhythm Heaven, a Mario RPG made by people who like and understand RPGs, and a port of the Orange Box are possible. Let's see how much of literally everything I want I can get! :V

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH biggest omission is zombies ate my neighbors+ ghoul patrol 👀. Ah I'm jk. It's my nostalgia goggles talking. Love the first game. I'm actually really excited to play it again.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
Orange Box I've been wanting since I bought my Vita in 2012. The dream of playing Portal on a handheld was why I got it... but that never happened. And I don't think it'll happen on Switch either. Ah well.

I do, however, think we'll see Rhythm Heaven. We've crossed that mid gen threshold where Nintendo feels comfortable releasing more IP that don't sell as well as Mario, Pokémon, Zelda, etc.

I don't think we'll see Star Fox. They just don't have any good ideas left for it. And I doubt we'll see F-Zero. Though I do wish they'd just remaster GX and throw online and local MP in, HD rumble, easier difficulty mode and call it a day.

But, ya can't win em all. I'll take what I can get.

Slinkoy1

Ok, so today I was playing Mario golf super rush in my dock, only for about an hour, and when I went to turn off my switch I smelled what I thought was like burning plastic, is that bad, and should I get that checked out? This has never happened before.

Hi

Grumblevolcano

I think while 2021's Switch game lineup is looking to be my favourite Switch game lineup year so far, I feel the Switch as a system is showing its age so I'm still leaning towards 2017 regarding best Switch year overall.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GrailUK

This year is absolutely amazing! Not just because there are so many games I want, but the flavour of them harks back to one of my fave periods in gaming. Honestly, that E3 Direct felt like a renaissance! (Next year already looks like it's going to be stella too!)

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

FragRed

@Slinkoy1 Burning plastic? Was there anything else you smelled or saw? Was it perhaps dust that got into the air vent? I don't think I have ever smelled burning plastic from using my Switch so I am inclined to say, not it's not good but maybe someone else with better insight will know for sure.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Slinkoy1

@FragRed nope there was nothing else, the only main things I think it was doing it for is because it’s super hot right now where I’m living, but I don’t think that would mess it up, but maybe, and the other thing is dust which both you and my dad thought it was and now I think it could be that because I put my switch right underneath the dusty side of the tv so yeah. Thanks for the help.

Edited on by Slinkoy1

Hi

Anti-Matter

Nintendo Switch Nexus
Probably will have model like some fanmade videos.

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

Switch Pro for sure exists- everyone knows it’s coming. Sites like Washington Post and Bloomberg have real connections in the semiconductor industry. Then the most trusted Nvidia insider there is has come out twice with info on a new chip being used by Nintendo, code named Black Knight (can’t know if it’s for revision or next gen though). Now we’re seeing multiple games release with unlocked framerates (MH Stories 2, Neo TWEWY) just months before the revision is slated to release? Highly suspect.

Ya, I’m pretty sure we’ll see a new Switch this year. Like the Lite, we’re probably looking at a mid-late July announcement (though it could be August), in the 60-90 day lead up to release.

And I’m all for it. They’re squeezing blood from a rock right now, and while we are seeing some incredible looking games on Switch- games that you’d never think were possible on such meager hardware, it’s time to get that jump. That little extra boost. A little bit can go a long ways in the power range Switch is in.

edit
Looks like it could be 2022 now. SwitchUp has posted the following:

No Switch Pro in 2021. Reliable peripheral manufacturing source from China; working on products to be adapted for it. Says they’ve been told 2022 global market release. Let’s hope it’s wrong :/

I hope that’s wrong, but… I also know plans change, and the semiconductor shortage may have impacted rollout. In either case, at least we know it’s coming, maybe sooner than later, but at worst, we’ll get it next year for Zelda, Splatoon 3, MH Rise Ultimate, Mario Rabbids, etc.

On the flip side, Pokémon Arceus looks like it needs the Pro. If the revision is pushed to 2022, hopefully so will Pokémon. Push it back to March, and do a March global release with Pokémon Legends as a launch title.

Edited on by JaxonH

Pokemon_Trainer

-The team composition doesn't have any limits this time around, you can go all rabbids or all mushroom kingdom if you so chose (this was said to be one of multiple fan demands/suggestions the team took very seriously).
-The player seemingly has no limit of movement within the movement range.
-The development team and general scope of the project as stated previously has grown considerably, the previous game was handled by Ubisoft Milan and Paris with a team of just over 100 devs, this time around other Ubisoft subsidiaries are involved and the team is three times as big.
-Free camera.
-The exploration element is less linear, but the game isn't Open World.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mario-rabbids-sparks-of-hope...

Edited on by Pokemon_Trainer

Pokemon_Trainer

Eel

@Anti-Matter you don’t need to comment about a game you’re not interested in.

Let other people enjoy their games, like you'd want them to let you enjoy yours.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

JokerCK

@Eel He has to comment. Do you know why? Because when you look at the comments he has made all this time, we see that his only goal is attention. He keeps on posting loads of relevant irrelevant comments until someone replies to his comment. Or his favorite thing is to call a game where he has no interest, the devil's work, and he mixes it up even more and satisfies himself. What a nice few months, I was glad that we were saved when I didn't see his comments here. But I was wrong.

JokerCK

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic