Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,921 to 55,940 of 69,964

Magician

@Giancarlothomaz Keep in mind that the PS2 didn't become the all-time best selling home console (155m) over the span of your typical console lifecycle, which is seven years on average. Sony didn't discontinue PS2 until 2013, it was still selling well even up until then. Or are you suggesting Nintendo will never lower the price of the Switch or Switch Lite at any point in time? Come on now, be reasonable, the Switch will become the all-time best selling home eventually.

Don't blink, you'll miss it.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Balta666

@Magician as ps2 was a case on its own as you mention and if you see sales of 3ds for instance (which fell of a cliff after Pokémon on Switch) it is not certain that will surpass the 150M+ but at minimum it will get close to that number for sure.
I still don't get how Nintendo is expecting to sell 25M+ this fiscal year with the components short supply and in comparison with lockdown last year though. The way I see it not even a pro model will boost to those numbers on a 5th year console.

Edited on by Balta666

link3710

@CactusMan The Gameboy Pocket was more like the DS Lite, a revision super early in the system's lifespan to alleviate hardware issues on the base model.

Plus... We already got the Switch's budget revision, the Switch Lite.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@Balta666 Maybe Nvidia prioritized components towards new Switch revision instead of their other products? Switch gave Nvidia a massive boost so it would be in Nvidia's interest to keep the Switch a very popular system such that it may be worth for example having a larger drought for PC GPUs.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Balta666

@Slowdive maybe I will be surprised in one year time but I don't see it as the numbers for this year were inflated by WFH situation on top of last gen competition coming to an end. I expect the system to keep selling well but not that much. I would bet on something around the 20M+ but not reaching the 25M. But maybe they have botw2, odyssey 2, MP4 and pro model +budget model and they will break out minds

Edited on by Balta666

Magician

@Balta666

Exactly, jrpg is a niche genre.

If Miitopia sells more than Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition (1.5m copies) I'll lose faith in humanity.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Miitopia sold 1.18 million on 3DS (December 2016 - December 2019, launched July 2017 outside Japan) so I'd guess around 2-3 million on Switch, potential for more if the game goes viral because of memes.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Magician I can't be bothered to check but I think Mittopia on the 3DS has already sold 1.5m (it's definitely sold over a million) and that was after when the Switch came out too.

Miitopia to take the crown from Xenoblade and Paper Mario to become Nintendo's headline RPG series from now on! ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Magician

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Miitopia sold 1.18 million on 3DS (December 2016 - December 2019, launched July 2017 outside Japan) so I'd guess around 2-3 million on Switch, potential for more if the game goes viral because of memes.

That's what I'm afraid of.
Untitled

Ryu_Niiyama

Miitopia is a chill game. I will get it at some point and I have told some of my buddies that don’t game much about it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

Slowdive wrote:

What if that Metroid title hinted at is a remake of Super Metroid? Would you guys be OK with it?

@Slowdive

Hard to say. Super Metroid is my all-time favorite, regardless of genre or platform. So I would ask, "why mess with perfection?" But I would at the same time be curious as to how good the attempt would be. And a physical copy for Switch sitting on my shelf would be the tops.

jedgamesguy

I'm in the mood for a new game. Help me choose between.. NieR Automata, Astral Chain, Pikmin 3, or Famicom Detective Club?

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Ralizah

@TheJGG

NieR Automata has the best story and is, IMO, an all around better experience than Astral Chain. I don't even really like Platinum games, and still thought it was fantastic. A bit of a hint, though: the game makes you play through multiple campaigns that all connect together in order to get the full story. Hell, the second half of the game is locked behind a third playthrough. It's worth doing, though: the true ending is mind-bending and memorable.

Pikmin 3 is... Pikmin? It's a cute RTS game.

Famicom Detective Club if you want to read and/or be challenged by an old-school adventure game that doesn't hold your hand.

What you opt for depends on what you're looking for, since most of those games are wildly different. Of the four, I'd probably go for NieR Automata.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

jedgamesguy

@Ralizah Perfect, that settles that. NieR Automata it is! I’ll wait until it’s on discount on the PS Store, because I’m buying Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX. It’s on sale for £9.99. Probably the easiest life decision I will ever make, since I’m enjoying III a lot.

I’ve had my eye on NieR for a while so this backs up my... suspicion that I’m gonna be a Yoko Taro fan.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

BruceCM

Of those 4, I'd definitely also recommend Nier Automata, @TheJGG.... I intend to get the Detective Club duo when they're on sale, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic