Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,941 to 55,960 of 70,006

jump

@TheJGG so you asked which game out of the 4 to get but then you decided to not get them as you were gonna buy something else anyway. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jedgamesguy

@BruceCM I'm in the same boat myself, though I wouldn't readily expect a sale this soon. I hope an E3 sale drives me over the line, they look like legitimately quality games that've been rightfully and deservedly resurrected into the beautiful freedoms of modern hardware.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Ralizah

@BruceCM @TheJGG Nintendo's published games rarely go on sale, and there's already a discount system in place for people who buy both games, which makes me think there's not a chance in heck that Nintendo drops the price on them. NoA and NoE already cut costs where possible (no dub; digital distribution only), so they're not going to be rushing to discount them to push more copies.

Thank goodness for digital distribution. I think these are the sort of games that would have just never been localized in the GC/Wii eras, since sales projections wouldn't have justified a release overseas.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

jedgamesguy

jump wrote:

@TheJGG so you asked which game out of the 4 to get but then you decided to not get them as you were gonna buy something else anyway. ;p

@jump I'm an absolute troll, I know! It was actually a very spur of the moment choice. Between me posting the question and then getting answers by two kindly folk, I found out KH 1.5+2.5 was on sale so... Bob's your Uncle.

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114

Grumblevolcano

@TheJGG I'd say if you want one now of the 4 then get Famicom Detective Club as it's not going to go on sale anytime soon meanwhile if you're willing to wait a month for the E3 sales then wait for E3 sales and decide from that. Nier Automata is very likely to be on sale as sales on non-Nintendo platforms are usually massive around E3 meanwhile Pikmin 3 Deluxe and Astral Chain have a decent chance of appearing (Nintendo tends to discount ports and more niche games the most which Pikmin 3 fits into both categories meanwhile Astral Chain fits into the latter category).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

BruceCM

I didn't say they'll go on sale anytime soon, @TheJGG.... Only seen them as the 2 together on eshop here, @Ralizah? Got too many games to play for awhile, so I can wait

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

@BruceCM Are you UK/European? The way distribution of the game is handled on the eshop is different in NA. We get the combined option, of course, but you can also buy the games separately. $35 for the first one, and then $10 off the second to make the cumulative cost of both games $60.

BruceCM

I'm UK, @Ralizah.... If they go on sale in 2 or 3 years, I don't mind waiting If they never do, I never get them.

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah Oh, that explains what the Two-Case Collection is for NA. I thought it was maybe a special physical version with both on the cart but no, it's the digital version Europe gets but named differently.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

Famicom Detective Club looks very nice but I don’t see what makes it stand out from any other similar game besides it being from Nintendo. I may get it, I’m certainly not in a rush to, but it doesn’t look as good as Layton, Ace Attorney or even the other recent game from Nintendo Buddy Mission BOND.

I may rewatch the trailer just to see if there’s a hook I’ve missed.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Ralizah

The FDC games really should have been priced more competitively. They look like a particularly poor value when you compare them to the upcoming Great Ace Attorney collection, which is giving you HD remasters of two lengthy adventure games in a popular series for $40.

I'll probably grab them, though. They do look nice, and this is the sort of release I always tell myself I'd have supported at the time if I'd known about it.

@Grumblevolcano I wish. A limited physical release would have been really cool. Alas...

@Slowdive I mean, THQ themselves have released a number of AAA ports for the Switch. Even a Saints Row game is on there! How is that not a "demographic mismatch" by his standards?

Some people will just never take Nintendo platforms seriously. What's important is that the games sell well enough to justify continued investment in the platform when possible.

Edited on by Ralizah

Haruki_NLI

@Slowdive @Ralizah Former THQ employee argues with reporter with access to the numbers on game sales on a Nintendo platform citing old biases and stereotypes with sources at relevant companies saying otherwise.

Best thing I've seen all day.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

jump

Haruki_NLI wrote:

Best thing I've seen all day.

IGN America and IGN Israel have been arguing with each other today online and it would beat it if it wasn’t over such a sad real life events.

Nicolai wrote:

Haruki_NLI

@jump If the circumstances werent so tragic that'd be equally impressive.

But for now as @Slowdive said, the ignorance of a failed game publisher employee trying to argue 10 year old logic in the face of data on Twitter is just...its peak internet discourse.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@Slowdive I think SEGA's relying way too heavily on Genesis stuff much like how Nintendo relies too heavily on NES and SNES. Sure the Saturn and Dreamcast weren't as successful much like the N64 and GC weren't as successful for Nintendo but it's an important skill to distinguish between poor sales because of hardware and poor sales because of software. Nintendo understood this fully regarding the Wii U hence how the Switch is a Wii U port machine but neither have understood it regarding older systems.

Grumblevolcano

Buizel

@Grumblevolcano Absolutely agree. I remember being excited for the Mega Drive Collection when it released on Switch...played it once, and then moved on. There's only so many times I can get excited for that system after all these years

I would love to be able to play Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5 or Skies of Arcadia on the Switch however. Or even some of the more recent Sonic games. Or how about something like Gunvalkyrie or Billy Hatcher (although these would probably be very poorly received these days)?

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

FragRed

I really want Sega to just release all their Master System games. I am amazed they haven't bothered doing that yet as it would be such a simple collection to put together. They know Europe is a big fan of the Master System, it's the reason they stuck Alex Kidd in Miracle World in the Ages series.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Giancarlothomaz

i think Nintendo should invest more in 2D games, 3D games are too much costly and risky to develop and everyone have a negative estigma on 3D games, 2D games is always better then 3D games, Nintendo where is the next mainline Kirby game for the 30th anniversary of the Kirby franchise in 2022? where is the next mainline 2D Legend of Zelda game? where is the next 2D mainline Mario game?

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Back to Miitopia discussion, I checked the eshop charts and Miitopia is currently in 7th 6 days before launch. Only games that have done that well or better before launch this year have been 3D World, MH Rise and New Pokemon Snap.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic