Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,701 to 55,720 of 55,930

Ralizah

Tony Hawk and Crash 4 announcements kinda seal for me the obsolescence of the Nintendo Direct.

An announcement not being in a Direct means NOTHING.

I'll bet Nintendo still reveals at least one major upcoming release on Twitter like they did last year.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine expansion; Super Mario 3D World (Switch)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Lol yea in high school we'd go over to my one friend's house who had a sweet setup in his garage. Tony Hawk and Chinese takeout. We'd go outside and skate and play some basketball. My one friend was pretty good and could actually grind and stuff. That was the life.

rallydefault

link3710

@rallydefault We're getting close to due for the next main series game when it comes to Kirby. I could see it being ready right around the anniversary.

@JokerCK @JaxonH Yuuuuus I've been waiting for Tony Hawk. Cant wait for that and Crash.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@Ralizah I noticed a pattern that the only Activision announcements in Directs have been games that are already on the latest PS system.

• Crash Trilogy - PS4 version had already been out for 9 months
  • Spyro Trilogy - PS4 version had already been out for 7 months
  • Diablo III - PS4 version with the expansions had already been out for 14 months
  • Overwatch - PS4 version had already been out for 3 years and 2 months

Meanwhile the games announced outside a Direct:

• Skylanders Imaginators - Was a Switch launch title so no Direct
  • CTR - PS4 and Switch versions were announced at the same time
  • Diablo II - PS5 and Switch versions were announced at the same time
  • Crash 4 - PS5 and Switch versions were announced at the same time
  • THPS 1+2 - PS5 and Switch versions were announced at the same time
  • Overwatch 2 - PS4 and Switch versions were announced at the same time

Seems clear to me from this analysis that Activision's main priority is Playstation and they don't want to give attention to the Switch version of games if they haven't already been released on the newest Playstation console at the time which makes sense given they've moved more towards Playstation ever since the Xbox CoD exclusivity expired.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
??

You list a few games that came to Switch later, then list a few games that weren’t, and try to connect dots for one group of them?

I don’t think there’s any deep hidden meaning here. Most games target power consoles first, then come to Switch after as sales are still strong due to the demand for hybrid versions. Some games do, some games don’t. It just depends on the game and how far along in development it is and what their original plans were.

I don’t think it means there’s some secret allegiance to PlayStation. Although PlayStation is paying for exclusives left and right and that’s quite obvious to everyone, but all of those games were on Xbox as well. Activision’s priority is releasing multiplat games on PS, Xbox, PC and Switch for as many games as is possible. Sometimes Sony cuts a deal and sometimes the game can’t run on switch or comes later because despite its amazing success, it’s still the odd hybrid out of the main 3 power platform loop.

PLAYING
NS: Bravely Default 2, Persona 5 Strikers, Mario 3D World
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MONSTER HUNTER RISE!!! Duh!!!
PC: RE Village

Jesus is Lord.

Anti-Matter

I saw from playasia, there were some upcoming Switch games that written Download Code inside on the cover.
Some of them are casual Ubisoft games.
What the heck ?!
Are the developer / publisher really lazy to release their games in physical, left the download code inside but at the same time the PS4 / PS5 version got physical release in Disc ?? 😑

Top 6 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. Drummania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. Keyboardmania

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ralizah

https://www.siliconera.com/gnosia-switch-version-will-appear-...

"Nintendo’s Inside Indie World newsletter confirmed the $24.99 game will debut this month."

Gnosia is about to drop, it seems.

My Reggie is body!

Edit: Bah, siliconera is full of it. Just read the newsletter, and it says March.

https://nintendoeverything.com/gnosia-may-release-on-switch-i...

Edited on by Ralizah

ACTIVELY PLAYING
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine expansion; Super Mario 3D World (Switch)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
What’s the deal with this Gnosia game? Why is it so exciting? (Genuinely asking, I haven’t even heard of it, can’t seem to find any info about it on YT besides a 40 second announcement trailer)

PLAYING
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH

Here's a good article about it.

https://www.dualshockers.com/disco-elysium-japanese-rival-gno...

tldr it's a heavily psychological adventure game with rpg mechanics and a looping structure built around multiple playthroughs where you try to figure out which people on your spaceship are murderous aliens. Sessions take between 5 - 15 minutes each, so it's a perfect portable game.

Sounds awesome. I've wanted it since I heard about it on Vita years ago. Really stoked it's finally getting localized.

Edited on by Ralizah

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

JaxonH

@Ralizah
That sounds pretty interesting, actually.

It released in Japan in 2019 as a Vita exclusive? Were the devs trying to go bankrupt lol? Why not throw a Wii U port in just for good measure 😂 Even in Japan, that’s a risky move for 2019.

I see JP media were hyping it up, calling it a masterpiece. Part of me is intrigued but another part of me is cynically suspicious as I’ve seen Japanese media like Famitsu call mediocre games masterpieces before, especially when they’re Sony exclusives trapped on a system nobody else has and can actually play the game to see if they’re right or not. Then again, IGN Japan carries a LOT more weight with me than Famitsu does.

I think I’ll check it out when it drops. It’ll be cheap enough, I imagine. March it is then.

PLAYING
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH Well, remember that the Vita has had a small, dedicated fanbase built upon around it. Especially in Japan. A game like this wouldn't need to make a lot to be profitable, and it might actually have stood out more on a small, dying platform versus Switch/PS4 which trade more in huge releases.

I'm not all that concerned about the Japanese media calling it a masterpiece or whatever. The description doesn't scream "masterpiece" to me. It screams "weird cult release," which, honestly, sometimes appeal to me more, because they can afford to be less conventional experiences. Stuff like Corpse Party (which is awesome, and supposedly coming to Switch) and Danganronpa.

Anyway, it's releasing at $24.99, which seems to be a go-to price for premium indies.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

BenAV

@Ralizah I thought the February release window was peculiar when I read the newsletter last night. I just assumed that it had been pushed back after it was written and I guess the updated newsletter more or less confirms that. Hopefully no more delays.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Ralizah

@BenAV Hopefully not. I don't look forward to a ton of indies, but I've built up quite a high level of interest in this one.

Hoping we'll hear more about Disco Elysium soon as well.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter Oh, I like playing Spot the Difference Party with my family. Thanks for posting Quickspot!

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, occasionally some of that Splatoon garbage 🤪

Anti-Matter

@WoomyNNYes
I was wondering how do we play Quickspot games on docked mode ?
Will we use the Joy Cons like Wiimote to point the different spots ? (There was a Quickspot game on Wii, I Spy...)

Top 6 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. Drummania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. Keyboardmania

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

BenAV

@Ralizah I'm really keen for Gnosia too. I check the Japanese eShop regularly and I remember looking at it when it came out there like this looks really cool, shame it'll probably never get an English release. It was a very pleasant surprise when it was announced.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

WoomyNNYes

@Anti-Matter With Spot the Difference Party!, playing docked, you use your analog stick to control a pointer on the screen. Press a button to select the area where you see a difference, and a circle appears around the difference. Works fine!

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Science liker
Extreme bicycle rider
(Nobody says "extreme". I said it to be silly.)
Playing: Rocket League, occasionally some of that Splatoon garbage 🤪

Socar

Some things that do bother me a bit for the Switch

1. No orange indicator to tell that its charging, you have to wake the screen up. Even most smartphones have an led that tells its charging and not at charge.

2. I'm beginning to miss the activity log. 3DS has such a fine log that tells the date, time and the most played...why did they decide to remove this for the Switch. And I don't care much about the folders not being there even so why the log is absent. Hopefully, there is an app that does the activity log.

3. Really...Nintendo hasn't done many efforts to bring in more of their legacy content to the Switch. I can understand that Wii, GCN, DS and 3DS might be difficult(Although Sunshine and Skyward sword out now making the former two doable) But why not GB, GBC and GBA..those were golden times man.

And that's really what bothers me the most. I can't say anything on the drift since I've never experienced it for even three whole years of using them. Everything else about the Switch is amazing. I love SMO and 3H. For some reason, SMO being outsold by BOTW bothers me a lot.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic