Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,721 to 55,740 of 55,927

FragRed

@Socar I think after the success of Link’s Awakening remake, and now the 3DS remaster of Miitopia coming to Switch, it’s possible that Nintendo are looking at these libraries as ways to create new content and selling and them at full price instead. It’s an easy money making business move.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Grumblevolcano

@Magician IGN exclusive announcement revealed the western release date as March 4th.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Magician

@JaxonH

Gnosia is basically the same as Among Us, conceptually.

Gameplay is completely different though.

Gnosia is a single player, adventure, visual novel and not an online multiplayer party game.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 665 games (as of March 1st, 2021)
Currently playing: Skyforge (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

BenAV

Oh, March 4th is pretty soon. Guess I better pick up my pace in my playthrough of Corpse Party so I can finish it by then and play Gnosia at launch.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Ralizah

March 4th! Preorders open tomorrow, apparently.

Glad we finally have a date.

@BenAV The original Corpse Party?

ACTIVELY PLAYING
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine expansion; Super Mario 3D World (Switch)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

BenAV

@Ralizah Yep, first game. No announcement of a Western release yet so instead of waiting I decided to just grab it off the Japanese eShop as it has a 33% off launch sale there.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

Grumblevolcano

The stream showcasing Pyra/Mythra in Smash is on March 4th:

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TheJGG

@Grumblevolcano Yay! We'll also see if there's any remixes. Sounds petty but as much as I love Pyra and Mythra in Smash, and believe me, I'm addicted to the series, less so for XC2, I don't play Smash, and I'm more excited about what remixes they have.

Video games: RPGs, Action, Adventure.
Movies: Tenet, Princess Mononoke.
Stage: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera.
Music: Daft Punk, video game soundtracks, LOW ROAR

My Hideo Kojima name is "The Indifferent Memory Loss"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo seems to be heading straight for the weekly Nintendo news:

• February 17th - General Direct
  • (Probably) February 26th - Pokemon Direct
  • March 4th - Pyra/Mythra showcase for Smash Ultimate
  • March 10th - Maybe a Mario announcement for MAR10 Day?

etc.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Anti-Matter

@Grumblevolcano
Wait until tomorrow if we got notification from Nintendo Twitter about Pokemon Direct.

Top 6 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. Drummania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. Keyboardmania

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Giancarlothomaz

@Grumblevolcano Pokémon Company already confirmed they gonna do a presentation on Pokémon Day to showcase news regarding Pokémon 25th anniversary,(if you check Pokémon Twitter Acount, they are doing a countdown for the Pokémon Day, this seen to imply they gonna do a Pokémon Direct to showcase news regarding Pokémon 25th anniversary,)is good that now Nintendo is contantly doing news for it games and third party games coming to Switch, it seen that Nintendo is finally slowing recovering for the effects of the pandemics.

i like HD Rumble.

Grumblevolcano

@Giancarlothomaz I think Friday is more likely for a Pokemon Direct as in the past Pokemon Direct appeared on Friday when Pokemon Day was on a weekend.

@TheJGG It'll be interesting to see the balance between the games (from the trailer it looks like we're getting XC2 and XCDE music at the least). Hopefully XCX isn't avoided this time.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

TheJGG

@Grumblevolcano I feel like Xenoblade X will be left out because it's not considered part of the mainline Xenoblade continuity, as far as we know. The music rocks, and honestly I'd love some Elma or Lin action, but that's that. And if we do get Definitive Edition music it'll be from Future Connected. If so expect the normal battle theme and the Fogbeast theme, both of which are just amazing, and'll fit right in.

Video games: RPGs, Action, Adventure.
Movies: Tenet, Princess Mononoke.
Stage: Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera.
Music: Daft Punk, video game soundtracks, LOW ROAR

My Hideo Kojima name is "The Indifferent Memory Loss"

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

Ralizah

Nintendo is going to port as many games off the Wii U as humanly possible. No way is XCX staying exclusive.

WHERE IS MY FATAL FRAME PORT, NINTENDO?

ACTIVELY PLAYING
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine expansion; Super Mario 3D World (Switch)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

FragRed

@Socar In the case of Miitopia, I doubt it was the devs just so happen to want to do it. Nintendo likely reached out to them as an experienced porting house that have an extensive working relationship with Nintendo and offered the contract.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Shadowthrone

@TheJGG I always thought they could easily retcon XBX in with the others. Where some humans got away before Klaus destroyed Earth or also alternatively he didn't use the Artifact at all and resulted in the events of XBX.

Shadowthrone

Magician

Word round the campfire is that Iron Galaxy has something in the works, almost ready for announcement. Iron Galaxy worked on the Switch ports for TES: Skyrim, Overwatch, Diablo III, etc. Shoutout to Doctre81 on YT.

Will it be another high profile port or something new?

@jump

Doctre81's video points out the LinkedIn profile mentioning the game being for PS4, Xbone, and Switch. My assumption would be a port, since that's their modus operandi, but they have talked about their own internal IP for the longest time. And for all we know they could be self-publishing like Supergiant Games did with Hades.
https://irongalaxystudios.com/our-galaxy/our-expanded-leaders...

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 665 games (as of March 1st, 2021)
Currently playing: Skyforge (Switch)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

jump

@Magician They did the new Killer Instinct a few years ago. Is it definitely Switch related? If they were just guns for hire to do a port I would imagine the publisher would be making an announcement not themselves.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic