Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,681 to 55,700 of 55,894

Grumblevolcano

It has come to mind that there's not much point in 3rd parties supporting a more powerful Switch with games that wouldn't run on the base Switch until like 2023. As perfectly shown by PS5/Series X, the more powerful Switch would just go straight to scalpers selling them for $700 - $1000 for like a whole year anyway.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
That's grossly overstating the impact of scalpers, which have always been a thing, and has never stopped the vast majority of units from ending up in gamers' hands, or early release games from selling crazy well for a new system.

When Switch launched you couldn't find the system until late in the year. Prices on eBay were nuts. Didn't stop games such as Bomberman R from breaking 1 million sold, or Ultra Street Fighter II or Disgaea 5 from smashing 500k.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Bravely Default 2, Persona 5 Strikers, Mario 3D World
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: MONSTER HUNTER RISE!!! Duh!!!
PC: RE Village

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

@Grumblevolcano

The same people who can pay well above MSRP for a console can probably afford games too. So that doesn't really hold up.

Scalpers only hold on to stock long enough to make a profit. And as mentioned above, many are still sold directly to customers.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

rallydefault

@link3710
I kind of like Kirby. They will probably do some sort of freemium game like they did with Fighters and that other one where you get the gem apples. I forget the name. Zelda it seems we'll learn more toward the SS remake release date if insiders are to be believed.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH It's worse now than it used to be because of the pandemic. Scalpers take advantage of the online stock as usual but there's a much higher proportion of online stock this time.

Physical retail is the solution to dealing with scalpers but that's not really an option given people would prioritize the console over safety like that PS5 incident in Japan.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

sixrings

@Grumblevolcano it doesn’t change the fact that the consoles are getting out there which means the owners are buying games.

sixrings

jump

@Grumblevolcano Scalping existed long before the internet, the term itself comes from the 19th century. Even with physical shops there would still be people reselling thing.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

JaxonH

And there it is.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1/2 announced for Nintendo Switch

PLAYING
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

jump

Meh, I thought Underground was the best of the Tony Hawk games.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

Not for me, but I'm happy for the people who wanted it. Switch is being treated like one of the ninth-gen consoles in terms of most releases in its power range.

ACTIVELY PLAYING
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine expansion; Super Mario 3D World (Switch)
Persona 5 Royal (PS4)

Anti-Matter

Nah.
Not interested with Tony Hawk games.
I'm interested to get Beatmania IIDX and Pop'n Music PS2 games instead.

Top 6 Konami's Rhythm games:
1. Dance Dance Revolution
2. Para Para Paradise
3. Drummania
4. Beatmania IIDX
5. Pop'n Music
6. Keyboardmania

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

TheFrenchiestFry

Got it on PC so I'm good but really happy for those who wanted it

TheFrenchiestFry

Switch Friend Code: SW-4512-3820-2140 | My Nintendo: French Fry

rallydefault

I LOVE the Tony Hawk games. I put insane hours into those things back in the day. Instant purchase.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault yep easy buy for me. One of the best soundtracks ever and I rarely get hung up on soundtracks. Superman by goldfinger still amps me up. Day 1 without a doubt.

NintendoByNature

urrutiap

last week of this month is pretty good for the Nintendo Switch.

Taxi Chaos
Persona 5 Strikers
Bravely Default II which im getting off of the eshop since i dont feel like going for a 2 hour road trip just to go a Walmart or Best buy store or whatever out of town

urrutiap

JaxonH

@rallydefault
You know how long I've waited for a proper, modern graphics Tony Hawk game on a handheld? As soon as it was announced for consoles, I was like yup, here's our chance. I was pretty sure it would come, hence holding off buying it, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Tony Hawk on Switch is an absolute must. I played the heck out of this game back in the day. Not being able to play one of the most iconic games ever on the HD handheld hybrid would have been a tragedy.

But, it's coming. This means setting Switch up in tabletop mode, detaching the joycon, and playing multi-player with my coworkers in my office. This game was born for Switch.

PLAYING
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Agreed. I think it'll sell incredibly well. I used to skate (I was pretty bad lol), and I can seriously imagine people at the skate park playing Tony Hawk on their Switch. Sounds corny but I know my friends would've done it back in the day lol

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

@rallydefault
It's like the Switch launch commercial with basketball players playing basketball on their Switches lol.

I'm gonna go play putt putt golf while playing Mario Golf 😉

I used to Rollerblade. Never learned to skateboard. I tried but just couldn't learn to pop it up in the air. But that's what video games were for! Experience something I couldn't in real life.

When I was 17, me and the guys I worked with would all go to Cy's house and play GTA and Tony Hawk on his PS2, which back then was the hotness, the thing everyone wish they had but couldn't afford lol.

edit

Lol this Walmart tweet is pure gold 🤣

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
PC:
PS5:
MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.