Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,641 to 55,660 of 70,011

Magician

@Giancarlothomaz

Calling NPS a sequel probably isn't accurate.

It's just the old game with updated textures and some new content sprinkled in, isn't it?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

jump

@Magician Yep, they didn't even fix the controls so you have to postion the joycons on your lap so it's like a N64 controller. ;p

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Grumblevolcano

Tried out the Miitopia demo (it's a free demo, may as well check it out) and found it meh so looks like after Friday, Switch is rather barren for 2 months (next game being Mario Golf). Will check out Nocturne if it gets a demo though (at a point where it could be interesting but not interesting enough to purchase).

But in the end that's what MH Rise is for, the monthly updates appear to be rather significant so the combo of Bravely Default II, MH Rise, New Pokemon Snap and Age of Calamity DLC will likely be enough to last until E3. If not then delve further into backlog.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

@Magician I haven't really been following the trailers for New Pokemon Snap but I'm pretty sure it's a completely new game. I can see why you might think it's a remake based on the title but that's just Nintendo being weird as usual.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Buizel

@Dogorilla I remember 15 years ago people thinking "New Super Mario Bros" was a remake of a previous Mario game. Personally I don't know what it is about the word "New" that makes people thing a game is the opposite of new :s

At least 2'8".

ok1

@Magician But it has none of the same story or levels(it does have one or two old levels) and new gimmicks. At least call it a remake instead of a remaster like all-stars.

hello

jump

@Grumblevolcano speak for yourself, there's a few May and June games I'm eyeing. SMT is pre-ordered already plus Disgaea 6, I'm not a fan of the Mario sports games but Mario Golf looks tempting, Destroy All Humans, Ninja Gaiden, Legend of Mana, World's End Club, Famicom Detective Club, Knockout City, Subnautica and if that DC Girl Hero Girls isn't just cheaply made rubbish I may grab it as I'm sucker for DC Comics.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Magician

(random)

I find myself paging through Opencritic's list of all-time best PC games, looking for games that aren't available on Switch. In terms of top-tier games that could be ported to Switch...things are beginning to look a little thin. It might be getting to the point where we'll be seeing fewer and fewer partner showcase Directs because the well seems to be running dry?
https://opencritic.com/browse/pc

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

@Magician I think we've already reached the end of Partner Showcases with the one in October being the last. Nintendo's probably returned back to the old model of:

• 3 general Directs (1 in January - March, 1 in June, 1 in September)
  • 3 Indie World (1 around March which this time was April, 1 around August, 1 around December)
  • Franchise or specific game Directs where it fits

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jump

@Magician I can still see legit great games that aren't on that ist like Spec Ops The Line, 13 Sentinels, Tales of Berseria etc off the top of my head come over. It's just Coivd has delayed stuff and it's all quiet because of E3 coming innit.

Nicolai wrote:

Buizel

@Magician Not too familiar with Opencritic but a quick skim is missing some of my favourites from PC, and even going 20 pages in I'm still seeing some great titles.

Personally I think Switch has barely scratched the surface of worthwhile back-catalogue to be rereleased. I'd love to see some 6th and 7th gen classics go portable for the first time (Beyond Good and Evil? Tomb Raider reboot? Tales of Symphonia? Kingdom Hearts? GTAV?). And there are still some, albeit fewer, 8th gen games that I think could work (anything on Vita, Yakuza series, etc.)

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Ralizah

There's a massive reservoir of older games that could be brought to Switch.

Whether the publishers of said games decide they're worth the trouble of porting over is another issue entirely.

It's unfortunate Bandai-Namco has been so hesitant on this front. We could've had stuff like the .hack G.U. trilogy, tons of Tales of... games, and so on if they really wanted to plumb their back-catalogue.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Magician

A new 3D DK, 2D Metroid, and a Zelda 35th double pack for the second half of 2021?

I'd be fine with that.

Anti-Matter

I'm not waiting for Donkey Kong games, Metroid games, Zelda games from any Direct or upcoming trailer.
I'm waiting for another casual 3rd party games on Nintendo machines from the Direct.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Magician Yeah that'd be great! I wonder if there is gonna be a 2D Metroid, it would be either a remake of Metroid Fusion or a totally original one. In terms of upcoming first-party Switch games, it's looking rather barren throughout the year. Yeah, there's Skyward Sword HD and Mario Golf, but I kinda want more than that.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Magician

MarioLover92 wrote:

Yeah that'd be great! I wonder if there is gonna be a 2D Metroid, it would be either a remake of Metroid Fusion or a totally original one. In terms of upcoming first-party Switch games, it's looking rather barren throughout the year. Yeah, there's Skyward Sword HD and Mario Golf, but I kinda want more than that.

@MarioLover92

I'm so needy to have anything Metroid related on Switch that I'd even take a port of Other M at this point. Nintendo's continued insistence on holding and not release MP Trilogy until MP4 is close to being ready feels like corporal punishment with each passing Direct where it isn't officially announced. And it's beginning to sting a bit.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic