Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 55,661 to 55,680 of 69,963

Maaryotyme

I'm not waiting for Donkey Kong games, Metroid games, Zelda games from any Direct or upcoming trailer.
I'm waiting for Shovelware games and kiddie babyish games. Games like race with Ryan, hello kitty and Barbie games

Maaryotyme

MarioVillager92

@Magician Well they haven't even announced MPT for the Switch, but yeah that would be cool to have. They could just upscale the graphics, like in SM3DAS, and call it a day.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Giancarlothomaz

@MarioLover92 problaby a sequel to Metroid Fusion, it would be quite wrong if Nintendo release two remake of Metroid, istead of a original 2D Metroid game, this 2D Metroid game, must be the game Mercury Steam is developing since 2017, Nintendo is problaby saving a potencial HD version of Metroid Prime Trilogy when Metroid Prime 4 is close to conpletion, like supose Metroid Prime 4 release in 2022/2023, so Nintendo release a potencial HD version of Metroid Prime Trilogy 6 months/1 year for the release of Metroid Prime 4.

Edited on by Giancarlothomaz

i like HD Rumble.

Twitter:

Magician

@Giancarlothomaz

That depends on how much it took for Mercury Steam to port Spacelords to PS5, XS S,and X.

They could possibly have nothing in development for Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

MarioVillager92

@Giancarlothomaz Yeah that sounds plausible, they could have Metroid Prime Trilogy planned that way behind the scenes. We have no clue what Nintendo's up to, of course...they like to be secretive when it comes to future game releases, before their inevitable direct videos. I would prefer an original 2D Metroid as well. Though I enjoyed Zero Mission and Samus Returns, I feel that Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion are still great in their original releases.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

JaxonH

No, not just upscale the graphics.

MPT needs the controls reworked to be dual analog with gyro, with ZL still locking on as it did in MP3 on Wii.

That and HD graphics, and call it a day.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Untitled

I'm not paying $35 for a game that goes as cheap as this does in sales, but I thought the LRG cover for this one was particularly snazzy. The art from the original Castlevania cartridge still looks AMAZING.

@Northwind Pokemon S/S and LGPE as the best Nintendo-published games on Switch is certainly a hot take.

Not a Mario fan, I take it?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah considering I was a day 1 buyer, its been long enough that I may buy it and keep it sealed.

NintendoByNature

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind That tier list 😠😠😠 ..(reports Northwind.)

I'm kidding<3 And, there's no Mario Odyssey in your list because no tier goes low enough for that dumpster fire.😁

edit: I'm kinda tempted to ask if the site would be interested in adding a tier list sort/filter to the game's page of our profiles. It makes it easier to digest someone's favorites. Oh, they already have a sort by user score function. Nevermind.

(if anyone can't tell, Northwind is ok with me, and am just being silly.)

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

WoomyNNYes

@Northwind You'll have to update us, if you ever discover that one of the haven't-played games becomes a favorite.

I really had no plan to buy Mario Odyseey, but loved it. Granted, I had liked some platformers in the past. I don't expect it to convert you, though, if you've never been able to get into platformers.

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Anti-Matter

@Northwind
Pokemon Switch games as your Top rank ?
Meanwhile for me, Yokai Watch 3DS games >> Pokemon games.
Currently i have hype with Yokai Watch 3 Tempura (Yeah, i played the Japanese version).

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Northwind It's easily the best of the sandbox Mario games, but people are far less easy to impress now than they were in the 90's and 00's.

The biggest change with Odyssey is that it's more explicitly a collect-a-thon platformer, and the conceit of completing singular, short missions in the levels is abandoned (wisely, I think).

Do you only own a Lite or something?

Edited on by Ralizah

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
Ratchet & Clank A Rift Apart will be a tough challenger for Super Mario Odyssey.
Same 3D platformer games, same rated E10+ but with different circumstances.
I watched the gameplay trailer of R&C A Rift Apart this morning after State of Play and it was pretty good, somewhat like Into the Nexus. Btw, what is that female Lombax's name ?

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Northwind Ah, gotcha. Sorry to hear that. I hope your living situation improves soon.

@Anti-Matter The new Ratchet and Clank looks excellent... for a Ratchet and Clank game. But the gameplay and characters don't resonate with me to nearly the extent that proper 3D Mario gameplay and characters do, which is probably why I'm a fan of Nintendo's properties, whereas my reverence for Sony's older consoles was almost solely seated in the fantastic third-party franchises that appeared on them.

Keep in mind, I'm not trying to throw cold water on your enthusiasm. Just... for me, Odyssey was part of what sold me on the system at launch (alongside the SMT V reveal and announcing BotW as a launch title for the system), whereas R&C could never fulfill the same role with the PS5.

Despite both being "platformer" series, they're quite different. R&C is all about gunplay and action, whereas Mario Odyssey is about exploration and platforming, so they're difficult to compare.

The female Lombax was "Rivet," btw.

Edited on by Ralizah

Grumblevolcano

Following on from Vicarious Visions merging with Blizzard, Toys for Bob (the devs behind the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Crash 4) are now being put on CoD Warzone. Seems to be all that Activision is about nowadays, CoD and Blizzard...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Dogorilla

@Northwind Do you have the link to the template? It would be interesting to see how different people's rankings compare.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

jedgamesguy

I second that @Northwind. Let’s all compare!

Currently playing:
Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
Persona 4 Golden
Dragon Quest XI S
F1 23
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty

Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-9521-9114 | My Nintendo: TheJGG

CITRONtanker

@Grumblevolcano I'm not going to sugarcoat this- this is utterly obscene on Activision's part. While I have not played Reignited Trilogy, I have heard nothing but good things about it, and it's part of my current backlog. Crash 4 is an incredible game, easily Toys for Bob's best game. They, with Vicarious Visions, helped to revive two of gaming's biggest icons and restore them to glory.

But Activision, being Activision, decides to neglect such talent and put them to work on a stagnant, done to death series that I have never played and have no interest in ever touching. I'm praying that Beenox, or somebody, anybody, can pick up the slack here. For Activision's sake, they better have a plan for these two franchises. I don't think we want Crash and/or Spyro dying again. And no, mobile games won't cut it. Lets not go back to the dark ages of these series again, hmm?

Activision, keep making stupid decisions- maybe someday, you'll surpass EA in your incompetence. Also, I hope none of you were expecting Skylanders to suddenly return.

Edited on by CITRONtanker

Buy Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic